Homebrew Update 4.0.5/4.5.0 to 9.2 through gateway?

StijnWolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hello, I recently installed Luma3ds on a 3ds with a 9.2 version of the sysnand. My friend has an old 3ds on which he wants to use luma3ds. So I was wondering if there's any chance of upgrading his old 3ds with version 4.0.5 (I have an animal crossing nl cartridge to update to 4.5.0 if necessary) to 9.2. My problem is with the current firmware version on my friend's 3ds is that I can't acces the homebrew menu.

In summary:

- Is it possible to update sysnand through gateway
- Is there a better method without cartridges to update 4.0.5 to 9.2
- Is there a method to access homebrew on firmware 4.0.5

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
after that I can just use sysupdater to update to 9.2 right? (trying your method right now, just takes a while since I have a slow pc :P)
I am glad you figured everything out and it's all working for you. But I still feel obligated for those who are viewing this thread to mention that upgrading/downgrading to 9.2 is no longer a needed step when in installing A9LH. I know a lot of outdated guides on youtube include this step, but like I said, they are outdated.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am glad you figured everything out and it's all working for you. But I still feel obligated for those who are viewing this thread to mention that upgrading/downgrading to 9.2 is no longer a needed step when in installing A9LH. I know a lot of outdated guides on youtube include this step, but like I said, they are outdated.
I don't see why someone hasn't made a video which just goes straight to the guide and tells people to follow it.
step 1: go to 3ds.guide
step 2: click "get started"
step 3:etc...(follow the guide)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't see why someone hasn't made a video which just goes straight to the guide and tells people to follow it.
step 1: go to 3ds.guide
step 2: click "get started"
step 3:etc...(follow the guide)
Because everyone thinks their guides are helping instead of adding to the growing problem of outdated guides

Reactions: TimX24968B

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because everyone thinks their guides are helping instead of adding to the growing problem of outdated guides
true, but then again, if thats the case, the root of the problem here would be how convenient and accessible something like a youtube video is, as opposed to something like a written guide, considering today's generation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol