Hacking Update 2.3.0 Whats New?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can they write anything beside this BS?
Translation: We know hack0rZ are discovering some exploits and when fixed them. No free games for you!
Well, well, don't be so pessimistic.
It could as well mean e.g. "we read about this user that had crashes while in sleep mode and we fixed it".
There are LEGIT stability problems to fix.

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I
Well, well, don't be so pessimistic.
It could as well mean e.g. "we read about this user that had crashes while in sleep mode and we fixed it".
There are LEGIT stability problems to fix.
now there are some legit fixes, but every time same description BS

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
when the f are they going to add some browser ?

i'd love to watch some anime on this thing.
i always use my nexus 6p to watch some berserk/op/dbzsuper/snk2.

and i'd love to watch them on the bigger screen that is the switch.

anyway, guys why did they not have browser included from the start ? i mean is it because of hax exploits ?

would a browser make it easier for a console to get hacked? sure the 3ds/vita has hax through the browsers.
but look at the ps4 for instance, it has been out for so frikkn long and had browser from the start in it (or did it not?)
i have had my ps4 for only about 1.5 year

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

If everything goes according to plan, never. Isn't that what they promised?
But don't worry, it is quite possible that a crunchyroll app would appear.
Unfortunately, it would be impossible to install some extension to make it think I am in the USA (and I have no VPN on my router).
So I suppose I will be limited to the German catalogue, that is :shit:

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It didn't fix my friends list bug so it did nothing in my book.

For people who want to know, the friends list on my switch won't update unless I am on the friends page in my profile. Example: I am on the home screen and the number above my profile Icon shows 3. Someone goes offline and the number just stays 3 till I go to the page and give it a few seconds to update.

It's an issue because games are not updating who on my friends is playing. Mostly Mario Kart for me.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It didn't fix my friends list bug so it did nothing in my book.

For people who want to know, the friends list on my switch won't update unless I am on the friends page in my profile. Example: I am on the home screen and the number above my profile Icon shows 3. Someone goes offline and the number just stays 3 till I go to the page and give it a few seconds to update.

It's an issue because games are not updating who on my friends is playing. Mostly Mario Kart for me.
Why do your friends have bugs?
It is unfair! I want friends with bugs too!

PS: Really, why do you have this software problem, I am running the same firmware.

D

Deleted User

anyway, guys why did they not have browser included from the start ? i mean is it because of hax exploits ?

would a browser make it easier for a console to get hacked? sure the 3ds/vita has hax through the browsers.
but look at the ps4 for instance, it has been out for so frikkn long and had browser from the start in it (or did it not?)
PS4 HAS been gettig pawned through Browser exploits though....

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do your friends have bugs?
It is unfair! I want friends with bugs too!

PS: Really, why do you have this software problem, I am running the same firmware.
I know you're having a good laugh, but I said friends list, not friends. I smiled though.

Truly annoying tho.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Do you really need to ask why nintendo have not included a browser?? Just take a look at the past history of Nintendo the 3ds was hacked using the browser the wiiu was hacked due to the browser. Nintendo are not going to include a browser on the switch until they know it's 100% secure.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you really need to ask why nintendo have not included a browser?? Just take a look at the past history of Nintendo the 3ds was hacked using the browser the wiiu was hacked due to the browser. Nintendo are not going to include a browser on the switch until they know it's 100% secure.
Welp, guess they should stop producing software then. Exploits are a part of software and will always be.

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
There is no 100% secure system.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so appearently 2.3.0 is rolling out right now ?
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22525/p/897

Has anyone updated yet and can tell whats new and if its even worth updating?
I read somewhere that the best practice should be to just update until someone said he found something regarding homebrew.

Don't update it! When we are getting one this fall.. We aren't going to update it at all. NEVER unless the hacker developer says so. :)

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
This post makes my brain hurt. Dont you know that browsers have a huge surface of attack? The lightest your system is, the safest it is. Period.
Of course it is when you use outdated webkit versions. I never argued the fact. Just saying that there will always be exploits no matter what. The 3DS was exploited through the Sound app as a primary exploit. I just think it's fucking retarded to let your consumer base suffer so greatly (seriously people, it's a FUCKING TABLET, I don't care if your phone is better for you for browsing) to the point where you do not include a browser, and even push things like friend communication to phones and other tablets, because you don't wanna deal with security.

When Nintendo couldn't even predict that we could hijack the fucking applet that is used to sign into WiFi hotspots, you know that there is some SERIOUS lack of security people at Nintendo. (I also really like the test page that tells the console if internet works or not; "This is test.html page")

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded