Homebrew Update 11.5 and Homebrew

D

Deleted User

DSiWare save hacks work for downgrading/arm9 access, as well as hardmod (iirc). you just have to have the games before they were deleted and the tools to hardmod

wiiLike2Hacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the Holy Guide a couple of weeks ago for my o3DS which was on 11.3. By the end of the guide I was running on 11.4, Luma3DS, and B9S (feeling confident about the mod, I went and purchased a new 2DS and completed the mod no prob). Well, today my four year updated the o3DS to 11.5 - prompt came up while we were getting set up to play some LEGO Batman 2 co op. Doesn't seem like the update broke any of the mods (can bootup to GodMode9, launch Homebrew Launcher, run FreeShop and CIA games, even the AceKard2i still works).

My question is: what firmware is the system running on? Luma3DS in the background with 11.5 on top of that? Why after the update does it seem like nothing broke? Sorry if this a dumb question but just trying to better understand how it all works.

Reactions: CaptainSwag101

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I followed the Holy Guide a couple of weeks ago for my o3DS which was on 11.3. By the end of the guide I was running on 11.4, Luma3DS, and B9S (feeling confident about the mod, I went and purchased a new 2DS and completed the mod no prob). Well, today my four year updated the o3DS to 11.5 - prompt came up while we were getting set up to play some LEGO Batman 2 co op. Doesn't seem like the update broke any of the mods (can bootup to GodMode9, launch Homebrew Launcher, run FreeShop and CIA games, even the AceKard2i still works).

My question is: what firmware is the system running on? Luma3DS in the background with 11.5 on top of that? Why after the update does it seem like nothing broke? Sorry if this a dumb question but just trying to better understand how it all works.
Ninty did a update to add compatability to the new 2ds Xl. They did not add anything to native_firm or to anything else for that matter. In turn this update did not do anything to CFW. So it works basically just the same as before.

Princess Emily

Smiles innocently...
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I tested Steelhax in 11.5 and it still works for some reason.
I used Soundhax first while at 11.3 to install Steelhax, then run Steelhax once before updating to 11.5.
And after updating, replace the 11.3 otherapp.bin and payload.bin with the 11.5 one.

EDIT: Works in my unit with homebrew only & no CFWs.

Last edited by Princess Emily,

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested Steelhax in 11.5 and it still works for some reason.
I used Soundhax first while at 11.3 to install Steelhax, then run Steelhax once before updating to 11.5.
And after updating, replace the 11.3 otherapp.bin and payload.bin with the 11.5 one.
if your testing while under CFW those tests are invalidated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls