Homebrew Update 11.4 and Homebrew

hurrz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I know, power saves it's technically a save dongle
What does that mean? I googled and it told me that this is an Action Replay Cartridge. What do you mean by "we need to mention that [this would be] needed"?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does that mean? I googled and it told me that this is an Action Replay Cartridge. What do you mean by "we need to mention that [this would be] needed"?

You need to put a hacked save into OoT to make it work. That's why OoThax is a secondary entry point. You can use an already hacked console or Power Save to achieve this. With Freakyforms Deluxe and Cubic Ninja, all you need is hax files and the cart. This is primary entry point. It lets you hack without needing other things.

hurrz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You need to put a hacked save into OoT to make it work. That's why OoThax is a secondary entry point. You can use an already hacked console or Power Save to achieve this. With Freakyforms Deluxe and Cubic Ninja, all you need is hax files and the cart. This is primary entry point. It lets you hack without needing other things.
Well, I actually bought a second console to be able to hack it and I enjoy it pretty much! (Just to be sure ^^) I can hack the first 11.4 one by using OoThax or PowerSave (that would only be 30 bucks!!). Are there tutorials on the web like the guide that I used for my second console? Thanks much already for answering the questions before!

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I actually bought a second console to be able to hack it and I enjoy it pretty much! (Just to be sure ^^) I can hack the first 11.4 one by using OoThax or PowerSave (that would only be 30 bucks!!). Are there tutorials on the web like the guide that I used for my second console? Thanks much already for answering the questions before!

You're welcome. I gather you got a lower firmware console and did the Guide. Congratulations on joining the CFW Master Race.

You need to get the starter pack from smea's site. You probably have it already from the Guide. I don't think it's been updated recently. You'll need the otherapp.bin (11-4-0-37-EUR) which you should have already as well.

Copy it also to your unhacked console. You should have it already from Doodblebombing attempts.

The starter pack contains the OoThax installer. Launch HBL on your hacked 3DS, run the OoThax installer. It'll let you pick the firmware version and game cart version. There are two different versions of the OoT cartridge. If one doesn't work try the other. There is a way to check it, but I forgot. It's been over a year since I last used it for that. You could Google it and try to find out, but it might be faster to just try.

Once the hax is installed on your OoT cart, just start the game in your unhacked console. Click on the hacked save. Link will be in a room. Just touching the screen should launch the hax or you can go in the menu. Have fun.

Reactions: hurrz

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
Hi... May I ask for,
to sum it up, the latest CFW will not work to the 11.4?
only cartirage like Gateway will work?
CFW work on 11.4, you just can't install any CFW on that version due to lack of kernel access. As @Quantumcat said, Gateway doesn't work. Sky3DS does but it's no worth It to pay 90 bucks for It.

Last edited by Manurocker95,
Reactions: axy

axy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CFW work on 11.4, you just can't install any CFW on that version due to lack of kernel access. As @Quantumcat said, Gateway doesn't work. Sky3DS does but it's no worth It to pay 90 bucks for It.

Thanks you @Quantumcat and @Manurocker95 for quick reply.
So I may use Luma and Ninjax right? I`m at v11.4U, no currently CFW installed.
sorry for such a noob question, just new here. hehe

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks you @Quantumcat and @Manurocker95 for quick reply.
So I may use Luma and Ninjax right? I`m at v11.4U, no currently CFW installed.
sorry for such a noob question, just new here. hehe
You can only use userland homebrew (maybe not even that, I'm not sure what the status is for old 3DS on OFW). No CFW (Luma is a CFW - Ninjhax is a homebrew entrypoint).

Reactions: axy

hurrz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You're welcome. I gather you got a lower firmware console and did the Guide. Congratulations on joining the CFW Master Race.

You need to get the starter pack from smea's site. You probably have it already from the Guide. I don't think it's been updated recently. You'll need the otherapp.bin (11-4-0-37-EUR) which you should have already as well.

Copy it also to your unhacked console. You should have it already from Doodblebombing attempts.

The starter pack contains the OoThax installer. Launch HBL on your hacked 3DS, run the OoThax installer. It'll let you pick the firmware version and game cart version. There are two different versions of the OoT cartridge. If one doesn't work try the other. There is a way to check it, but I forgot. It's been over a year since I last used it for that. You could Google it and try to find out, but it might be faster to just try.

Once the hax is installed on your OoT cart, just start the game in your unhacked console. Click on the hacked save. Link will be in a room. Just touching the screen should launch the hax or you can go in the menu. Have fun.
Wow, thanks for answering. So all I need is an official cartridge of OoT. The rest I got due to doodlebomb.

But what do you mean by getting into the menu? Is that "menu" HBL? Im other words: Will OoTHax let me install CFW on 11.4 because I already got HBL access (doodlebomb)?

I ask these questions just to really be clear. All I want for my first 11.4 console is to get CFW because HBL is cool but does not let me do way more fancier things. ^^

Thanks for the quick tutorial by the way, I will google the rest! Is there a chance to brick while OoTHacking?

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
Thank you. I have a new 3DS with 11.4. so Luma wil work? hmmm. or not?

As I said, you can't install Luma nor any other CFW due to lack of kernel9 code exec. You have to wait to other exploit to be released and then install it. Payloads for userland (homebrew that don't need kernel access) only work right now on New 3DS, but our lord @smealum is gonna fix it sometime. You just need to wait ^^

Reactions: hurrz and axy

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you @Manurocker95 :)
I`ll just going to wait for update then.
To be clear, homebrew works on New 3DS already. Waiting for smealum is just for old 3DS users. Neither old nor new 3DS on 11.4 OFW can use CFW. There are no rumours nor public plans to get it working (edit: unless you count sighax, but that has been going since Christmas, who knows how long it will take, if it ever happens?). So if it's this you are waiting for then don't bother - sell your console and buy another on a lower firmware. It's completely possible that 11.4 will never be supported.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

hurrz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
To be clear, homebrew works on New 3DS already. Waiting for smealum is just for old 3DS users. Neither old nor new 3DS on 11.4 OFW can use CFW. There are no rumours nor public plans to get it working (edit: unless you count sighax, but that has been going since Christmas, who knows how long it will take, if it ever happens?). So if it's this you are waiting for then don't bother - sell your console and buy another on a lower firmware. It's completely possible that 11.4 will never be supported.
Thanks for making this clear to me!
@Quantumcat & @pixelmasher

I just informed myself about Oot3dHax. It even leads to HBL with the Nint Selects version of OoT3D.

Hope is just too big for me to get CFW on 11.4! Sorry for asking questions to obtain obvious answers and thanks for giving these answers!

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for making this clear to me!
@Quantumcat & @pixelmasher

I just informed myself about Oot3dHax. It even leads to HBL with the Nint Selects version of OoT3D.

Hope is just too big for me to get CFW on 11.4! Sorry for asking questions to obtain obvious answers and thanks for giving these answers!
Sorry took so long to get back to you. I meant the menu in OoT.
You can do a DSiWarehax with 11.4 when SigHax gets released. You'll have to do a system transfer from your hacked to unhacked console. If I understood everything correctly, that's the way without a hardmod.

Reactions: hurrz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning