Gaming Upcoming Wii releases

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dead thread or not, I'm hyped as heck for DK Country. It's been a good damn year for first-party Wii games (not to mention Golden Sun on DS). Maybe that's Nintendo's way of cushioning the blow of the price of 3DS.
unsure.gif

Either way, can't wait to play that game.

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there any reason for Nintendo releasing 2 SMG, 2 Zelda and 2 Metroid games (maybe 2 SSBB in the futre) and not to release any F-Zero and Starfox game? There aren't many super-mega-hyper-ultra uber-games in the race (Mario Kart is nice, but F-Zero super-speed provides a very different kind of racing game) and air combat area. Those games would be a sure hit.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ato Puro said:
Is there any reason for Nintendo releasing 2 SMG, 2 Zelda and 2 Metroid games (maybe 2 SSBB in the futre) and not to release any F-Zero and Starfox game? There aren't many super-mega-hyper-ultra uber-games in the race (Mario Kart is nice, but F-Zero super-speed provides a very different kind of racing game) and air combat area. Those games would be a sure hit.

F-Zero GX says, "hi."

Those games might be a hit for folks like us who find alternative ways of playing Wii games, but if history is any indication, those games don't sell well. Starfox probably has a chance of selling almost decently, but that franchise lost a lot of its relevance too over the years.

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
GeekyGuy said:
F-Zero GX says, "hi."

Those games might be a hit for folks like us who find alternative ways of playing Wii games, but if history is any indication, those games don't sell well. Starfox probably has a chance of selling almost decently, but that franchise lost a lot of its relevance too over the years.

I missed the Dreamcast/PS2/GC/XboX era. Never went after a GC game because I got used to Wii Remote and I can't go back to classic controller. I started with SEGA Master System and had all Nintendo consoles plus SEGA Mega Drive. I thought F-Zero and Starfox were as great franchises as Mario, Zelda and such are. The Rumble Pack made me love Starfox64. I guess I'm getting old...

If only I could find dozens of GC games for a low price in Brazil... I thhink F-Zero GX would quench my thirst for my Nintendo games (that haven't/won't show up in Wii) and I could find good GC RPG games as well.

I guess I'm rambling on... since it's a hype thread... Yup, I'm older than I thought...

robbywu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SOS-Rens said:
Does somebody knows the release date of the Legend of zelda: Skyward Sword ???
I read something about Jan/Feb 2011 is this true ?? and will it be the Japanese version or the USA

i read May

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well in terms of American releases, once you're past Christmas you're totally screwed.

However since most Japanese companies end their fiscal years in March, there are still some big releases available to Japanese users. That being said, due to the 3DS release at the end of February, most devs are probably avoiding this time frame since you'd be fighting against what will probably be the hottest hand held this year.

If you're looking for Japanese Wii Releases

2/10 - Sengoku Musou 3
2/24 - SD Generation World
2/24 - Rune Factory Oceans
3/24 - Night of Sacrifice

And.... that's literally it for Feb/March in Japan. Most of the schedule is filled with 3DS games.

Though in America there's a few MLB and Tiger Woods Golf games coming out that might be worth while.

siliconmessiah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
Well in terms of American releases, once you're past Christmas you're totally screwed.

Well, XBOX & PS3 gets some good or decent games even though it´s this time of the year: Dead Space 2, Two Worlds 2 for example.

But it´s also like you say. Nintendo is boosting the NDS3D before release, so I guess the Wii will have to take a step back.

I just don´t like the silence right now.

1. Skyward Sword postponed untill fall.
2. No Dragon Quest announcement yet.
3. No Tales Of Graces for Wii (?)

My gut feeling is not good at all. But I of course hope that Nintendo proves me wrong.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USA
The Legend Of Zelda - Skyward Sword
Concluit 2
New POKEMON game
New Kirby game

JAPAN only?
Pandora's Tower
Earth Seeker
Rodea: The Sky Soldier

Reactions: 1 person

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
after zelda and prob DQ it looks like i'll be pretty much done with the wii since so far there's no news of anything else that interests me that's getting released on it. nearly all the good games coming are japan only now
hate2.gif

Vigilante

TempLurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
after zelda and prob DQ it looks like i'll be pretty much done with the wii since so far there's no news of anything else that interests me that's getting released on it. nearly all the good games coming are japan only now
hate2.gif
True zelda and dq are the only good games so far with atleast a reputation

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vigilante said:
Bladexdsl said:
hate2.gif
True zelda and dq are the only good games so far with atleast a reputation
Dont forget about pkmn.
If its a RPG it will be a good game... otherwise... it will sucks.

siliconmessiah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have also been disappointed the latest months. Very disappointed.
Japan gets all the goodies, but the news for Europe/North America are sparse.

It´s kind of the classic scenario back in the 1990´s, where north america & europe was denied access to many RPG:s for SNES. Then the SNES died slowly and PS1 took advantage over it.
I think Nintendo has to be more offensive and making their 3rd-parties worth releasing more games in NA & Europe, or Wii will go down a dead console.

Namco releasing Tales of Graces for Wii would be a huge step in the right direction. And globally release even more of the RPG:s that only seem slated for release in Japan...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night