Hardware Unreadable disks pissing me off.....

Garchomp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a flashed Xbox 360 with LT+ 1.1. I use 4x Verbatims with the correct layerbreak and everything burns smoothy on my PC. The only problem is, some of my games (and ones that i have already burned on 2.4x when i had those) seem to mess up. I either get a frozen screen where i cannot move anything and the Xbox Dashboard will not come up, or either i get an error pop up on my screen saying unreadable disc. I used a cheap Compact Disc cleaner I had laying around, but I don't think that completely solved the problem, because on games such as Soul Calibur IV i get a random error saying the disc cannot be read. Also, on games like Dead Space 2 it gets to a certain point and the screen blacks out, and error pops up, but u still hear sound in the background. Do I need to buy a special DVD cleaner for the Xbox off of Amazon? Or does it need to be reflashed, since I have updated it while it was flashed (note I have the easy to flash Hitachi drive)? Or maybe i can install the games on the HDD (If it doesn't take a huge chunk of my space, I have a 120GB HDD)? Some games like Dynasty Warriors 7 and Call of Duty Blacks Ops runs perfectly though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Note that DW7 and COD BO was burnt on 2.4x, but I have burnt Portal 2 on a 4x and it works flawlessly

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It doesn't need to be re-flashed. Only the latest update touched the drive firmware and even then, it left Hitachi drives alone.

Considering you say it's doing it with discs that used to work fine, it just sounds like the laser has had it and is giving up. Hitachi drives are getting on a bit now, so it wouldn't be too surprising. You can try installing them to the hdd, they'll take 5-7GB ish each. As long as it gets through the install fine, and can detect the disc when it's put in the drive they should play fine that way.

Garchomp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
can i buy a new laser? im guessing they're really expensive though, so i guess installing to HDD for games that give me problems could do. I can't use a lens cleaning disc off of Amazon though? that could fix it up since all i used was a CD cleaner not a DVD cleaner.

wait nvm lasers are like $2 XD just need to figure out how to install one without messing up my drive....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1