Tutorial  Updated

Unlink emunand from sysnand.Mega tutorial/everything explained step by step

WARNING-This isn't a walk in the park so I sudjest you take extra precautions before attempting to do this,you will potenialy lose the eshop but you will be able to get it back if you follow this tut correctly,You have been warned. This is also for most rxtools users so I'm sorry users who have gateway/reinand or cakes but idk what to do since i only use rxtools and there may be different bugs that happen after the unlink.

If you want to keep you're emunand linked with a theme before going through with this awhile longer check out this tut I made beforehand.You don't have to but it's up to you https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...inking-your-emunand-from-your-sysnand.414093/

Edit-So there is apparently a solution to all of this if you don't want to screw with the nnid by using tiny format.https://github.com/javimadgit/TinyFormat/releases
I never got to test this so use it at your own risk but I'm pretty shure there is a option where you can choose "format sysnand then press A" at least from what I hear

Now lets get started

Step 1:Go into sysnand with you're sd card out of the 3ds(VERY IMPORTANT)

Step 2:Go into system settings/other settings/format memory.Go through all the stuff and set the 3ds up again as if you are setting it up as brand new.

Step 3: Once you are back at the home menu on sysnand put the sd card into the 3ds,it will create a new folder in the Nintendo 3ds folder.If you have 2 sd cards it will do it to that one aswell.

Step4:You will have menuhax deleted incase you are wondering but don't worry,just boot back into browserhax and you can set it all back up.You may have to delete your cookies and history before doing this so be Shure you do that aswell.Just put menuhax back on you will have the homebrew launcher back.

Step 5: Once you have menuhax back go into you're emunand and check the eshop,you will most likely get a error code but if you don't,you are good.If you have the error code don't be alarmed because there is a fix I will include aswell

Part 2:fixing the eshop

Step 6:Get on the computer and download emunand tool.Get it from here https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/

Step 7: Put your sd card on the computer and hit extract on emuand tool.Back up the emunand to a folder so you remember where it is.

Step:8 BACK UP EVERYTHING ON YOUR SD CARD TO THE PC VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT

Step 9:Make Shure you have the launcher.dat in the root of you're sd card and go to go.gateway-3ds.com on the webbrowser of you're sysnand.Look for format emunand and let it do its thing.It will delete everything except launcher.dat so make shure you did step 8.Once it's done hold b and down to exit.

Step 10: Put everything back into the sd card except the nand (for now)

Step 11:Boot back into the emunand and if you are downgraded back to rx-e 9.2 update it back to rx-e 10.5 by going to system settings/other settings/system update.
READ THIS PART CARFULY.

Step 12:once updated back to 10.5 go to system settings,network I'd on the top and you will be able to set you're nnid back :) After you set this all up you will have the eshop back yay :D

Step 13: Put the a sd card back into the pc,put you're old NAND back on,then go to emunand tool then hit inject.After the injection you will have all you're CIA games back.If you are missing FBI continue reading.

Part 3:Injecting FBI to the emunand

Step 14:Boot into rxtools but this time hold L.Scroll through the options with L/R.Go to advanced options,install FBI,emunand and check tbm only,write down the region and version you need.After you are done you can eather boot into rxmode or hold power to power down,your choice once again.

Step 15.Go to the starter kit you got rxtools with and find the version and region you jotted down.You will see 2 files that say tbm at the end.Put them on the root of the sd card

Step 16:Go back into rxtools by holding L,advanced settings,install fbi,emunand and inject FBI.If done correctly it will say it installed to the health and safety app and ask if you want to keep a back up,it's up to you but it don't matter.After all that go into emunand,launch the health and safety app and you will have FBI once again.You may install everything as normal

I think this wraps it up,if you have any bugs you would like to report feel free to post them,Later

Last edited by ,
Reactions: geopis
D

Deleted User

OP
"Mega tutorial" Bruh...It's litterally use tiny format, press A and half a second later, your sysnand just fully formated without messing with your nnid
I never got to test it unfortanitly so i can't confirm that it works.You will probley have to inject FBI still eather way though if you haven't already.Everything explained here in this tut has been done hands on and I can confirm that doing everything here works aswell.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
"Mega tutorial" Bruh...
Yes it's a mega tutorial which means I include everything unlike other people who tell you to format in sysnand with the card out and say that's it.I even included the tinyformat link now so people can choose which way they want to do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1