Uninstalling preinstalled programs

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
root it, and install a program like titanium backup, and then un-root it

You have to pay for the "donor version" in order to truly kill apps (or freeze them), the free version doesn't allow app freezing. Greenify doesn't do much either unless you pay for the donor version as well.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to pay for the "donor version" in order to truly kill apps (or freeze them), the free version doesn't allow app freezing. Greenify doesn't do much either unless you pay for the donor version as well.

True but stilk before you buy just make sure its compatible (probably will be after the root)

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link2SD does what you want for free.

What does that app even do? Never heard of that one.

Edit: Well, my device doesn't have an SD card, unfortunately. Just 32 GB of internal storage and a micro USB port.

True but stilk before you buy just make sure its compatible (probably will be after the root)
Right, Titanium Backup only works on a rooted device, trouble is the free version doesn't do much besides take up space. Free version of Greenify only takes up space as well. It's a shame too.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Right, Titanium Backup only works on a rooted device, trouble is the free version doesn't do much besides take up space. Free version of Greenify only takes up space as well. It's a shame too.

Yeah but thats how they make money, atleast it jsnt freenium

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't doubt that, but who knows if said apps have malware on them or not. I'd rather not the OP or myself infect their device lol.

Not advocating anything here but there are apps and apks that check safety and check for malware on android. Plus android is much safer then windows

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but thats how they make money, atleast it jsnt freenium

I'm sorry, but they shouldn't even have free versions of those apps if they don't do jack shit. The free versions are bloatware and useless lol.

Not advocating anything here but there are apps and apks that check safety and check for malware on android. Plus android is much safer then windows

Of course, but if you download an APK, you have to enable the option to install apps from unknown sources. I don't know any of what those apps are called though.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link2SD originally just linked apps to a partition on the external sdcard, but now it has many of titanium backup's non-backup related features. It can freeze, unfreeze, uninstall, reinstall, convert system apps to user apps or vice versa, and link or move an app to the sdcard.

It has ads, but they are fairly non-intrusive (a banner at the bottom and a fullscreen one when you exit with the back button).

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link2SD originally just linked apps to a partition on the external sdcard, but now it has many of titanium backup's non-backup related features. It can freeze, unfreeze, uninstall, reinstall, convert system apps to user apps or vice versa, and link or move an app to the sdcard.
It has ads, but they are fairly non-intrusive (a banner at the bottom and a fullscreen one when you exit with the back button).

Good to know that there's a free app that can actually freeze those stupid apps like Google Current, Google Wallet, Google Drive and so on. so much bloatware. Too bad I can't safely delete those apps.

I only get them from trusted sources and I have been doing it for 3 years now and never had a problem

Still, not entirely comfortable installing apps from off the internet that isn't from the Play Store.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but they shouldn't even have free versions of those apps if they don't do jack shit. The free versions are bloatware and useless lol.

Of course, but if you download an APK, you have to enable the option to install apps from unknown sources. I don't know any of what those apps are called though.

Malwarebytes has a free protection for android also allowing unkown apks to be downloaded is easy

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Its extremly easy to find pro versions of those apps already cracked

It's not that expensive and it's actually useful so I don't see problem dropping few euros in that general direction for easier and legit access to program. It's not like we are talking about hundreds of euros programs here.

This is also why I bought Nexus, for good - vanilla android experience, I really don't like some Yahoo stocks running in background with absolutely no reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.