RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much! I don't know how to extract/make a backup of the ROM file though :( because I own a cartridge version.
By flashcard, did you mean SD card? I don't have my DS or DSi anymore, I am playing it on my 3ds right now. I also have luma and FBI, ect if that helps :)

Thank you so much again!
If you already own the cartridge, and have no way of dumping the ROM file, you'll have to search for the ROM on the internet.

A flashcard is a microSD card to Slot-1 adapter, such as this, this, this, and this.

Last edited by RocketRobz,
Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
About the Game:
Nope, this is not Style Savvy, more like a mature take on Style Savvy.
You got fashion items like in SS, but from what it looks like, I think there's a dating mode. I only played the beginning of it.
This game has high-quality graphics and sound that pushes the NDS to it's limits.

About this Patch:
This patch will translate a few of the graphics (Title Screen, My Room, etc.) to English, and a bit more graphics starting with v1.1.
This was made back in August of 2015, so I thought I'd show it off here.

NOTE: I have no idea how to edit the text in the "Msg" folder..

Download (v1.1)
View changelog here.

Tools used:
  • Tinke: Graphics extraction.
  • GIMP: Graphics editing.
  • HxD: Banner editing, with adding animation sequence, and calculating CRC16.
  • Tile Layer Pro: Editing/adding banner icon frames.

FAQs

Q: How about translating the 3DS version?
A: I extracted the RomFS of the 3DS version, and most files have a file extension called ".g1t". There's no .g1t extractor that support the "GT1G0500" string at the beginning of the files, so there may not be a translated 3DS version for a while.

Credits:
  • Me: The graphics translation and splash screen.

@Robz8 I'm really happy that you finally updated the patch and english patched what you could do. But i was wondering will you be trying to english patch the rest of the game or not? Was wondering if you were going to do it and with some help from someone you may know who can do it with you ;-;'. Would really love to understand the text in the game for i can play the game without worrying what the heck am i supposed to do. When a customer comes in the boutique and i have no idea what they want D: it's like a major guess..it sucks that it's getting difficult to english patch these nice games. I really wish there was a way to english patch this game with a pc program. Sadly no one hasn't made one yet v.v"

Reactions: RocketRobz

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 I'm really happy that you finally updated the patch and english patched what you could do. But i was wondering will you be trying to english patch the rest of the game or not? Was wondering if you were going to do it and with some help from someone you may know who can do it with you ;-;'. Would really love to understand the text in the game for i can play the game without worrying what the heck am i supposed to do. When a customer comes in the boutique and i have no idea what they want D: it's like a major guess..it sucks that it's getting difficult to english patch these nice games. I really wish there was a way to english patch this game with a pc program. Sadly no one hasn't made one yet v.v"
Sorry. I'd like to translate the rest of the game, but I don't really understand most of them either, and also dunno how to edit the text in the "Msg" folder. :(
I sure would appreciate help from someone, though.

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry. I'd like to translate the rest of the game, but I don't really understand most of them either, and also dunno how to edit the text in the "Msg" folder. :(
I sure would appreciate help from someone, though.

Damn that freaking sucks :(..Man have you've tried making a post about it?? Like asking people who know how to english patch games?? Or like ask for it? Idk..;_;..I wish I could help..but i can't which sucks v_v"...I really would love to have this game fully english patched. But i can see its a difficulty.

Minako

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello is this project still active? I'm THIS close to trying out for a petition . Did you know the woman who created this game had others asking if she'd localize it overseas, and she said if the game sold 1million copies that she would get it localized....but nothings happened. This is sad, and I'm pretty upset they took out the dating sim part from style savvys newer games (style savvy isnt as pretty as FABSTYLE in my opinion, so it leaves me wishing for its localization even more!!! ) , I'm here wondering why they do that for most games in this genre when they come to the US . Hope to hear from you all soon.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello is this project still active? I'm THIS close to trying out for a petition .
Sorry. For now, it isn't active, as I have no way of editing the dialogue text.
Did you know the woman who created this game had others asking if she'd localize it overseas, and she said if the game sold 1million copies that she would get it localized....but nothings happened. This is sad, and I'm pretty upset they took out the dating sim part from style savvys newer games (style savvy isnt as pretty as FABSTYLE in my opinion, so it leaves me wishing for its localization even more!!! ) , I'm here wondering why they do that for most games in this genre when they come to the US . Hope to hear from you all soon.
Yeah. Sad nothing happened. :(

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v1.2
  • "Licensed by Nintendo" screen now has a red background to reflect the current look of the Nintendo logo.
  • Ruby Party's actual logo replaces the "Ruby Party Presents" text.
  • "Translated by Robz" screen now replaces MobiClip's logo.
  • Music player text is now translated.
  • "Skip" text has been bolded a bit.
Screenshots are in the first post.

Sirena

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!!! I'm so glad to have found out of this game literally a few hours ago. :lol:
I'm so glad this is being worked on, I love the Style Savvy series and this game is perfect. If you ever need any help with editing graphics, please let me know! My Japanese is a little above beginner level, dunno if you need any help translating, but I can try to help out with that as well.
I'm currently working on another translation project as a graphic designer, but progress has been going a little slow so I have tons of availability.

Last edited by Sirena,

Mirai0000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made an account just so I could comment! Ahhhh, this game looks so good! I sincerely hope that it gets translated in full one of these days. Maybe somebody will pick it up if it gets put on the translation request list?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v1.3
  • AP patch (by @retrogamefan) is now built-in!
    As a result, it'll now also work with flashcard firmwares that don't contain built-in AP patching, as well as nds-bootstrap (the backend of TWiLight Menu++).
  • Updated Robz splash to RocketRobz splash.

Reactions: Dgrin

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v1.4
  • Every character name has been translated.
  • Season text in clothing screen is translated, but only shows the first two letters due to sprite size.
  • Save/Load screen text is translated, except for the "Data loaded" and "Overwrite the save?" text.
  • More main bottom menu text translated.
My Room (v1.4).png
Closet (v1.4).png
Profile (v1.4).png

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
v1.4
  • Season text in clothing screen is translated, but only shows the first two letters due to sprite size.
  • Save/Load screen text is translated, except for the "Data loaded" and "Overwrite the save?" text.
View attachment 153657 View attachment 153656 View attachment 153658
Ahhh ; A ;!! I really do hope you update it even more or find help to english patch this game dude. I have been waiting for this game to be patched, and i know you are either busy or just like can't but i do hope now you have more help or at lest found a way ;-;"

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
v1.4
View attachment 153657 View attachment 153656 View attachment 153658

Nice to see you have also time for "games".
A very busy man....:)

Thank you for another great piece of your "life".:yay:

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Left: DS Version, Right: 3DS Version
Translated dialogue.png
2019-12-30_00-41-38.540.png
Good news!
  1. We may be getting translated dialogue soon!
  2. The English translation is coming to the 3DS version!
There are certain Japanese characters I can't put into Google Translate, but I will try to fix whatever looks weird to me, and hope that the translation looks good.

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Left: DS Version, Right: 3DS Version
View attachment 191643 View attachment 191644
Good news!
  1. We may be getting translated dialogue soon!
  2. The English translation is coming to the 3DS version!
There are certain Japanese characters I can't put into Google Translate, but I will try to fix whatever looks weird to me, and hope that the translation looks good.

pYhOBU.gif

url

OH MY FREAKING GOSH YES!! THIS IS EXCELLENT NEWS T U T!! Thank you soo much for updating this!!

Last edited by HinaNaru Cutie,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1