Uncovered site data hints at Final Fantasy XV PC release

2834762-ffxv_screenshot_duscae_230215_5_1424701305.jpg

Looks like PC gamers might be in for a big surprise. A website for next month's Final Fantasy XV's live event, Final Fantasy XV Uncovered, has some interesting bits of data in it's source code. In the code, of course, are links to the Sqaure Enix's site, PSN store, Xbox store, and most interestingly, a link to Steam's storefront, as well as something for Windows 10. Square Enix has been back-porting older titles to PC lately, so it seems fitting that their latest release would also hit the PC platform. FFXV Uncovered will be happening on March 30th, so keep an eye out for more details.

_id1454408086_343178_2.jpg

_id1454408086_343178_3.jpg

:arrow: Source

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
If this turns out to be the case for Kingdom Hearts as well (there's still no indication that it will get a PC release) then I bought my PS4 for nothing. It was basically going to be a FF/KH machine.

My case aside, this is pretty awesome news!
Did the same thing for 3DS and PS3 and burned myself with late releases, no releases and worse than i thought gaming experiences. Never again, only PC now.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
The game's game world looks kinda bland and flat... At least compared with some other recent expansive game worlds, like Witcher 3's or Xenoblade Chronicles X's. I just hope all that time waiting is worth it and that we get a solid Final Fantasy game.

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I hear they have been releasing alot of bad pc ports of there final fantasy games including Final Fantasy Type O HD which came out a couple months after the console version. Soo I don't have a lot of hope for it being not broken. I will most likely stick with the PS4 version when it does come out latter this year.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
From what I hear they have been releasing alot of bad pc ports of there final fantasy games including Final Fantasy Type O HD which came out a couple months after the console version. Soo I don't have a lot of hope for it being not broken. I will most likely stick with the PS4 version when it does come out latter this year.

Even their more worse-off ports were improved. The Lightning Returns port wasn't bad, either, and had a pretty healthy amount of graphics options for lower-end systems, and overall, it was very stable. While sticking to a console version is the safe bet, I think we're in for a pretty good PC version this year.

chaosblade02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played the FF XV demo on PS4, I understand its a demo, but the game had some pretty atrocious frame rate issues IMO. As a PC gamer, I'm pretty perceptive to things like frame rate drops, and find similar performance on PC games to be unacceptable. That would be great if we get a PC release, because the game will no doubt run better on my PC than on a PS4. From the looks of it, it appears FF XV might have been developed with PC in mind, which means if we get a port it will be a decent one.

Perhaps an early PC release has something to do with S-E adopting the Denuvo DRM.

Denuvo DRM has been cracked a few times already, Dragon Age Inquisition is one of the titles. Any big release with or without Denuvo DRM is going to be cracked by pirates eventually. That DRM is basically malware on your PC. It negatively impacts performance, and from a consumer standpoint, its terrible. I won't buy the game if its got Denuvo.

Last edited by chaosblade02,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs