Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.kazuto.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys,

I've bricked my 3DS just recently and read about how to do an unbrick with a SD Card adapter.

I wanted to do a "nice looking" mod instead of having a SD Card adapter hanging out of the 3DS so I've looked for some regular PWM cables like this:
7117BaXiT3L._SX522_.jpg

The male jack would be connected to the 3DS itself and glued to a hole in the case, the female would be connected to a SD Card adapter.

But PWM jacks look uglier than USB jacks to be honest :D

Would this work with a regular USB connection?
For example having cables connected to the 3DS and a female Micro USB jack glued to a hole in the case and then using a regular micro USB cable connected to my PC USB Port.

I know that the mod uses DAT 0, CMD, CLK, GND but a USB connection uses Vcc (+5V), Data -, Data + and GND.

Has anyone tried this before?

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah Hundshamer did, she doesn't use the micro usb anymore though. I'm not sure why, but that's all she told me.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you're trying to do is pretty easy, you just need a small enough dpst switch (dual pole single throw) to turn the CLK and CMD off so you can use the console like normal this will allow a straight USB connection to the console, just flip a switch power the console on and then read/write to the NAND then flip the switch the other way and you're done :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it