ROM Hack Unban without 2 systems?

Zappy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure you all have heard about the recent ban wave by nintendo, unfortunately, my console also got banned, I've seen some videos about unbanning it with 2 systems, but I'm not that rich so i don't have two of em. I saw this video where the guy unbans without 2 systems but when i start up the system and hold the right button nothing happens, just boots up as normal. So if you have any other suggestions on unbanning without two systems or fixing the booting issue I would very well appreciate it.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That video is a joke and leaves out so many details that it's almost insulting to call it a guide. This is why you should never use Youtube videos for guides.
What CFW are you using for starters?
Are you running A9LH or B9S?
If you are using Luma3DS, you actually no longer need to rename the payload. You just need to copy the payload into the
Code:
/luma/payloads/
and then hold "Start" when booting the system, which will either boot directly into the payload (if you are running B9S with Luma3DS) or show a menu to pick the payload you want to launch.
From there you should follow this guide to unbanning your system.

Zappy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That video is a joke and leaves out so many details that it's almost insulting to call it a guide. This is why you should never use Youtube videos for guides.
If you are using Luma3DS, you actually no longer need to rename the payload. You just need to copy the payload into the
Code:
/luma/payloads/
and then hold "Start" when booting the system, which will either boot directly into the payload (if you are running B9S with Luma3DS) or show a menu to pick the payload you want to launch.
Well the video does have the troll music but many people say that it worked in the comments.
Also i have a9lh with luma.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Code:
/luma/payloads/
Hey so when i did what you said and turned the name back to the original, something went wrong, now when i boot my 2ds it turns itself off, i removed teh sd card and now it boots just fine,

Well the video does have the troll music but many people say that it worked in the comments.

Hey so when i did what you said and turned the name back to the original, something went wrong, now when i boot my 2ds it turns itself off, i removed teh sd card and now it boots just fine,
Plugged teh sd back and it booted up like normal.

Plugged teh sd back and it booted up like normal.
OK now i have successfully entered the decrypt9, now i will follow that guide.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am not saying it doesn't work, but it leaves out tons of steps, like changing the serial number of the NAND itself. It's only providing like a 1/3 of the steps actually needed to ensure your system is properly unbanned. Not to mention the files provided really don't have a trusted source. If they say belong to the posters of the video and that person gets banned, then your system will get banned as well. These are extremely important details that are being omitted and the last bit is why it's heavily suggested to use your own files.
Although chances are the one provided in the video is just the same one provided on ROM sites, so it should be safe to use.

Zappy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am not saying it doesn't work, but it leaves out tons of steps, like changing the serial number of the NAND itself. It's only providing like a 1/3 of the steps actually needed to ensure your system is properly unbanned. Not to mention the files provided really don't have a trusted source. If they say belong to the posters of the video and that person gets banned, then your system will get banned as well. These are extremely important details that are being omitted and the last bit is why it's heavily suggested to use your own files.
Although chances are the one provided in the video is just the same one provided on ROM sites, so it should be safe to use.
I checked out the guide you said but it says that it needs 2 systems which i don't have.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I checked out the guide you said but it says that it needs 2 systems which i don't have.
Did you read the rest of my post?
Chances are the files used in the video guide will work, but it left out details that are in the guide I posted. The guide I posted included several details to help ensure your system is unbanned and hopefully stays unbanned
We really don't know what's being sent to Nintendo, so changing the serial number for example might help ensure you don't get banned again.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Zappy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you read the rest of my post?
Chances are the files used in the guide will work, but it left out details that are in the guide I posted. The guide I posted included several details to help ensure your system is unbanned and hopefully stays unbanned
Oh ok sorry. Maybe i missed something. K, i'll check it out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: