SelfDEstruction

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

since I have done the 3ds.guide - guide, I am unable to charge my 2DS and the battery even discharges after a while. Let's say I didn't use my 3DS for 12 hours, now I am unable to turn it on.

When I put the battery into my old (and broken) 3DS, the LED blinks red and it turns off after a short while.
My temp workaround is it to charge my battery via the 3DS so I can play for a while. It doesn't matter how much I've played, the battery is empty after I didn't use the 2DS for a few hours.

I tried googling but I didn't found anything useful.

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Battery might be defective, following the 3dsguide shouldn't have any effect on the hardware.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've tried both batteries in both devices, and they both don't work only on the 2ds? (That is what I understood from the second message)

If you haven't, try testing it, that would help rule out of the problem is the problem comes from the battery or the system.

Last edited by jack_okami,

SelfDEstruction

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You've tried both batteries in both devices, and they both don't work only on the 2ds? (That is what I understood from the second message)

If you haven't, try testing it, that would help rule out of the problem is the problem comes from the battery or the system.
Sure, I just finished charging my second battery on the 3ds and I will now keep it in there for 12 hours (it's around the time where the battery is empty on my 2ds.)

SelfDEstruction

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Phew, I don't get it.

It didn't discharged a bit while it was in my 3DS. So is my 2DS secretly still on while it is supposted to be off, or what am I doing wrong?

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phew, I don't get it.

It didn't discharged a bit while it was in my 3DS. So is my 2DS secretly still on while it is supposted to be off, or what am I doing wrong?
No, that shouldn't be possible. My only idea is that maybe you have a problem with your battery connection. That it's draining your battery while you turn it off or turning it on.

6adget

GBAtemp's official atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to get your hands on a multimeter and hook it up on the battery after it's been charged. so charge it, take it out and hook it up on the meter. keep checking it every 15 minutes and write down what the volts are saying. is there anything that might have been spilled on it that has dried up but left a sticky residue behind? if so, clean it off with a small amount of rubbing alcohol. be careful that you don't bridge the hot and neg terminals with it. take pencil with a pink eraser and clean the contact pins if you can get to them. also with the battery out, and at least 5 minutes or more after it was charged, does the battery get warm or hot? Is there any obvious dents, or ANY kind of damage to the outside of the battery. Ion Lithium batteries hold a tremendous amount of power and become very dangerous if damaged. before we can help you, you need to answer all these questions whether you think them dumb or not.

SelfDEstruction

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you need to get your hands on a multimeter and hook it up on the battery after it's been charged. so charge it, take it out and hook it up on the meter. keep checking it every 15 minutes and write down what the volts are saying.
There is no way I can test it for now.
is there anything that might have been spilled on it that has dried up but left a sticky residue behind?
Nope, I never had it lying around.
also with the battery out, and at least 5 minutes or more after it was charged, does the battery get warm or hot?
No, it doesn't
Is there any obvious dents, or ANY kind of damage to the outside of the battery. Ion Lithium batteries hold a tremendous amount of power and become very dangerous if damaged. before we can help you, you need to answer all these questions whether you think them dumb or not.
I always kept them inside until a week or so and it doesn't have any kind of visual damage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...