Gaming un-mirror twilight princess?

c3pu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi is there a way to un-mirror the Wii version of twilight princess. I tried the cheat in this tread : http://gbatemp.net/threads/un-mirror-twilight-princess.221489/
But it doesn't work.
I have seen a video of it before. So is there a way???

EDIT: forgot to say I want to do it on the Wii/wiiu NOT on dolphin. Because in the other tread they said the gecko code worked on the emulator.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
If you can afford then get the original Twilight Princess on NGC.

3kdd.jpg

Reactions: BortzANATOR

c3pu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you can afford then get the original Twilight Princess on NGC.

3kdd.jpg

I own both version its just that the Wii version is in 16:9 and it outputs in 1080p on the wiiu so it looks much better on my 40inch panel than the GameCube version. Plus the wiimote aim is a nice plus eventhough the wigling is kinda retarded after playing ss. I was really hoping there was a way to get the best of both.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I know what you mean and it's real nice to be playing Wii games on the Wii U with improved picture quality, I've been playing Brawl and enjoying it throughly so I'm glad that the Wii U is still compatible with Wii games.

Down the road Nintendo might make a 2nd Gen Wii U that removes the backwards compatibility for Wii games, after all, they done it before with Wii v2 (no NGC-BC).

By the way, sorry that I couldn't help much but when it comes to games what still matters most to me is the gameplay over graphics, so lesser graphics wouldn't make the games I play any less fun overall.

c3pu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know what you mean and it's real nice to be playing Wii games on the Wii U with improved picture quality, I've been playing Brawl and enjoying it throughly so I'm glad that the Wii U is still compatible with Wii games.

Down the road Nintendo might make a 2nd Gen Wii U that removes the backwards compatibility for Wii games, after all, they done it before with Wii v2 (no NGC-BC).

By the way, sorry that I couldn't help much but when it comes to games what still matters most to me is the gameplay over graphics, so lesser graphics wouldn't make the games I play any less fun overall.

Yea I don't care much about graphics(I'm definitely not a graphic whore that won't play a 2010 game because the graphic are so out of date) I'm just having a hard time with low resolution, twilight princess is a great looking game but the TV make's it look like crap cause it can't handle sub HD resolution so everything is fuzzy and blurry, and it wasn't on my crt. This is one of the main reason why I didn't want to upgrade to HD and why I waited so long. I mean the difference between outputting the GC version through my Wii component in 16:9(not stretched real16:9 I learned you could do that yesterday) and the Wii version(which is pretty much the same) through my Wiiu is just ridiculous I felt like I was looking at 2 different games when I was comparing yesterday.

EDIT: resume for you lazy reader out there:P not so much a low graphic issue but more a low resolution issue. Because sub HD looks like shit on 40+inch HDTV.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
I own both version its just that the Wii version is in 16:9 and it outputs in 1080p on the wiiu so it looks much better on my 40inch panel than the GameCube version. Plus the wiimote aim is a nice plus eventhough the wigling is kinda retarded after playing ss. I was really hoping there was a way to get the best of both.

Wii nor Wii U won't output Wii games in 1080p - only 480p maximum and then upscale with Wii U/some random Wii HD upscaler device. I hate any upscaling between as TV usually does that job better with more options to mess with.

Just play gamecube version with Wii + component cable + widescreen patch. If you have decent TV it shouldn't look that bad. Or emulator.

Wii is slightly better but I have same issue with world being mirrored so everything feels familiar and alien at same time and I see myself running in walls all the time >_>

c3pu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wii nor Wii U won't output Wii games in 1080p - only 480p maximum and then upscale with Wii U/some random Wii HD upscaler device. I hate any upscaling between as TV usually does that job better with more options to mess with.

wiiu does output in 1080p. when the tv recieves the wiiu signal it is 1920x1080 even on wii games, the pixel count is visibly higher. when you use a wii with component cables tvs streches the 480 pixel over several pixel and use all kinds of software based post processing so that it will look less like shit, usualy making it blurry and fuzzy but it is still 480 pixel high. no tv i have seen can upscale wii games from 480 to 1080 better than the wiiu.

Just play gamecube version with Wii + component cable + widescreen patch. If you have decent TV it shouldn't look that bad. Or emulator.

it looks worst than using an sdtv. i made the side by side comparison 2 days ago the wii version on wiiu trough hdmi looks 10x better than the gc version on wii using component.

i probably would have gone the emulator way but my pc is old and cant handle dolphin.

c3pu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
brawl does look really good on the wiiu.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
brawl does look really good on the wiiu.

Yeah it does but Nintendo decided to kill the online mode so now that I have all playable characters I can't challenge others worldwide... I rarely like to play online and this time Nintendo shut it down, thanks Nintendo... *sigh*

Glad that Super Smash. Bros 4 isn't too far away.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To the original question, I had no idea you could use a cheat in the first place to revert to Gamecube mappings! Does that change the actual HUD map too? or is it still the same way round? That'd be confusing hahaha I know you haven't got it working but wondered if you'd seen some screenshots of it or something.

Really I'm just here to vouch for the Wii U outputting 1080p, I do a lot of let's plays and the capture card I have detects the input.

Whenever I'm using the Wii U it comes up at 1920x1080 @60FPS! When recording Wii games through it, it gives the same result and yes, does look amazing. I'm not sure how the Wii U manages that :S because whenever I've seen an upscaled Wii game it looks TERRIBLE. Those pixelated dots all over the place just flashing around urghh.

Even the HBC and everything else running through Wii mode is coming through at 1920x1080p. When i'm doing my retro let's plays of Toejam and Earl 2 I'm recording the gameplay as 1920x1080, even though the game is obviously nowhere near any HD quality. But the videos still look amazing and don't look stretched/ ruined in any way :) They're sexy, bright and a nice quality, I just wish that youtube would support 60FPS now... hahaha!

c3pu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To the original question, I had no idea you could use a cheat in the first place to revert to Gamecube mappings! Does that change the actual HUD map too? or is it still the same way round? That'd be confusing hahaha I know you haven't got it working but wondered if you'd seen some screenshots of it or something.
skyward_sword_pack_4_tp__ordin_village_vibrant_by_disbala-d66ppqk.png

this is what it looks like in dolphin. the hud is the same, and i remember reading that the map also stays the same so its reversed(must be confusing).

Really I'm just here to vouch for the Wii U outputting 1080p, I do a lot of let's plays and the capture card I have detects the input.

Whenever I'm using the Wii U it comes up at 1920x1080 @60FPS! When recording Wii games through it, it gives the same result and yes, does look amazing. I'm not sure how the Wii U manages that :S because whenever I've seen an upscaled Wii game it looks TERRIBLE. Those pixelated dots all over the place just flashing around urghh.

Even the HBC and everything else running through Wii mode is coming through at 1920x1080p. When i'm doing my retro let's plays of Toejam and Earl 2 I'm recording the gameplay as 1920x1080, even though the game is obviously nowhere near any HD quality. But the videos still look amazing and don't look stretched/ ruined in any way :) They're sexy, bright and a nice quality, I just wish that youtube would support 60FPS now... hahaha!
yes my tv is really precise with those info so thats why i was sure about that.

as for how it does it. i always assumed that the wiiu as similar hardware to the wii just more powerful so its just like playing a 2005 pc game on a 2012 pc. so when it runs in wii mode its just an over powered wii. but this is pure speculation i could be totally wrong, i guess the only one that really know are the nintendo engineers.

Just put your tv beside a sliding door mirror.

Although you may have to sit upside down for the controls to be correct.
that made me laugh.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use the Gamecube version with Devolution and turn on widescreen mode if you have your vWii hacked on your WiiU. May get graphically glitchy in some places, though, and there will be lots of weird popup issues outside of the normal 4:3 area.

c3pu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can use the Gamecube version with Devolution and turn on widescreen mode if you have your vWii hacked on your WiiU. May get graphically glitchy in some places, though, and there will be lots of weird popup issues outside of the normal 4:3 area.

thats what i wanted to do since i have the original i could use devolution but im pretty sure i dont have a compatible controller.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats what i wanted to do since i have the original i could use devolution but im pretty sure i dont have a compatible controller.

With Devolution you can use a Gamecube pad if playing on a backwards compatible Wii, or on any kind of Wii/Wii U you can use a Classic Controller (pro or not), Wii U Pro controller, or a PS4 controller.

Or did you mean you don't have a Wii remote to use for the antipiracy check?

c3pu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With Devolution you can use a Gamecube pad if playing on a backwards compatible Wii,
i used swiss to force widescreen at first but the upscaling is atrocious that's why i wanted to play the wii version on the wiiu.

or on any kind of Wii/Wii U you can use a Classic Controller (pro or not), Wii U Pro controller,
bingo i don't have one of those that's what i meant.

btw don't you need some kind of bluetooth adapter to use the wiiu pro controller?

or a PS4 controller.
i'm only gonna say this. i don't have one of those, wont get one of those and that playing a gamecube game with that sorry excuse of a controller is an insult to the gamecube.

sry about that.

Or did you mean you don't have a Wii remote to use for the antipiracy check?
nope i have 2 of those.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: 3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a...