Hardware Uhm. . . New PS3 Update?

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sweet deal. I'm pretty psyched, 'cause I mainly got the PS3 for the free online and I ended up getting it 2 days after the outage thinking it'd be back up soon. My girlfriend is sick of hearing me talk about it, so maybe it'll be up now.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What I'm actually wondering is since I don't have a PSN account yet. . . does this mean that online play will be restored before the PSN "client" (if you will) is restored? Meaning since I lucked out and got my PS3 AFTER the outage, I wont be able to register once the gaming commences?
frown.gif

Gwenivere

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sonknuck23...

I'm guessing that you will be able to create an account and play with whatever services are available just like the rest of us as soon as PS3 is online

Gwenivere

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
oh yay! look at the link of the map i posted in a earlier post on this thread, the map has parts of it that are green, meaning those parts have online services!

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
It would be fantastic if I could even download the firmware update. They still haven't gotten better servers for their updates it looks like.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
sonknuck23 said:
Ah, I've DC'd twice from it. .

There we go. On the tenth or twelfth time, it finally went through. At about 60%, it just took off and only took maybe another 30 seconds to hit 100%. It was kind of weird.

kenpachi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
BortzANATOR said:
VashTS said:
i am praying that this firmware is broken in some way. we need a new exploit.
+1

When the exploits started coming i was actually considering getting one.

I'm personally hoping the security is taken up 25 notches. Hackers have proved that they don't need to be able to get into the PS3. They do nothing but abuse what's there. I don't care if it was only one person. They fucked up and the system should be locked down tight because of it.

You're an idiot, there's a million uses to get into the PS3, I love not having to swap my game discs in and out wearing on my system, I love the emulators, I love being anle to try full games before buying instead of relying on a demo that 90% of the time doesn't represent the real experience of a game. There's a TON of reasons to mod the PS3 and we have every right to do it. Sony is just butt hurt because they got lucky for a few years and no one hacked it and thought they were special, well they are not, you don't see MS or nintendo screwing over their users because their systems got hacked. They need to accept that nothing is hack proof, a tiny percentage of users ever even mod their systems.the losses they recieve because of it isn't even close to the massive amount of damage done to their brand name by the actions they've taken and the retaliation by the hacker community to stop a few dollars from being lost. I was a sony fanatic and after this i can see that sony are stuck in the 80's with entrenched management unable to see that the gaming world has changed. I used to buy all my games on ps3. now I'm only buying exclusives for it. everything else, if it's on xbox im going with them.

Welcome to the 21st century sony. learn your lesson quickly before the few fans you have left jump boat too...

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
kenpachi said:
Nathan Drake said:
BortzANATOR said:
VashTS said:
+1

I'm personally hoping the security is taken up 25 notches. Hackers have proved that they don't need to be able to get into the PS3. They do nothing but abuse what's there. I don't care if it was only one person. They fucked up and the system should be locked down tight because of it.

You're an idiot, there's a million uses to get into the PS3, I love not having to swap my game discs in and out wearing on my system, I love the emulators, I love being anle to try full games before buying instead of relying on a demo that 90% of the time doesn't represent the real experience of a game. There's a TON of reasons to mod the PS3 and we have every right to do it. Sony is just butt hurt because they got lucky for a few years and no one hacked it and thought they were special, well they are not, you don't see MS or nintendo screwing over their users because their systems got hacked. They need to accept that nothing is hack proof, a tiny percentage of users ever even mod their systems.the losses they recieve because of it isn't even close to the massive amount of damage done to their brand name by the actions they've taken and the retaliation by the hacker community to stop a few dollars from being lost. I was a sony fanatic and after this i can see that sony are stuck in the 80's with entrenched management unable to see that the gaming world has changed. I used to buy all my games on ps3. now I'm only buying exclusives for it. everything else, if it's on xbox im going with them.

Welcome to the 21st century sony. learn your lesson quickly before the few fans you have left jump boat too...
Go ahead, jump it. We don't need people who support others who ruin all the fun, really.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kenpachi said:
Nathan Drake said:
BortzANATOR said:
VashTS said:
+1

Someone's never heard of single player. Or fan loyalty. Or fanboy- Oh wait...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol newegg+