Hacking Ugh, trying to decide on a mod chip is infuriating

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
but I don't get what you have against soldering onto the Wlip's wires.

I don't have soldering material / don't know someone who can solder. If you have a mean of soldering, Wlip become more or less useless: why don't you just solder the chip directly? (yeah, I know it's "safer" by using the Wlip 'cause there's no risk of destroying your Wii, but still... total solderless would be far better.)

Haven't you installed your own modchip? Soldering the Wlip's wires to a modchip is a walk in the park when compared to soldering to the points on the board, let alone.. Even someone who hadn't soldered before could attempt it easily.

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cyclowiz is the best atm
As they got so many feutures
Like:
-Opensource firmware(Yaosm, and WiiFree are ported atm)
-Status LED(Lots easier to find out what is wrong, when something doesnt work)
-Audio Fix
-Upgrade Switch, Nintendo can never overwrite the chip blank, unlike other modchips which can be updated all the time so Nintendo could easily overwrite them to blank
-Good updates, there at 3.6B now
-They have a very active forum with good support

I got a Cylcowiz my self never had a problem with it
6X read speed(Full speed no slowdowns)
All games tried work
So SMG works fine
smile.gif

Xedi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey,
I've got the same dilemma here, I'd like to mod my Wii as soon as possible to be able to get Brawl import (can't stand the wait living in Europe...)
I've no idea how most of this works, I figured I had a DMS Wii (bought it the month of release and serial LEH100-). So I was thinking about getting a Wiikey, but is there a possibility that it won't work with Brawl ?
Would it really be best to just wait until the scene releases SSBB and see how it works ? Or is it safe to assume it'll work ? (Yes I'd really like to wait the least possible !).
As the original poster, the WiiKey seems best as I found somewhere that could install it for me, I think I'd be able to mod it myself but I just couldn't stand anything going wrong so I decided to get someone else do it, with guarantee.
Thanks

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
You can check your Serial online to see if it can accept the older style modchips ie wiikey.

There still is no guarentee SSBB will work on a modded PAL machine, but its still worth in the longrun doing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: ONG.