Canada

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I feel they expected too much, made numerous mistakes, and burned themselves out with the Wii U. ZombiU? It didn't meet expectations of cost vs sales, but then, it wasn't ZombiU to begin with, but a different game which added to the cost of the game in the end. Rayman Legends? They delayed the game to a time where all versions would have to compete with big hitters. Then there was various cancelling, missing content, lack of DLC, rush jobs....

Seriously, with all this building up one after another, it's no wonder people with Wii Us didn't by those versions or went after other versions, resulting in poor sales. It's a good thing that there's no restriction of one console per generation. Sure, would be nice if everything was all in one place, but the world is not that perfect.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Don't forget the unforgettable Let's Dance games.

YES THANK GOD WE STILL HAVE LET'S DANCE!!!

wwwwwhhyyyyyy, God. Why? :cry:

Ahem...in all seriousness: this was to be expected at some point. ZombiU didn't made them a profit (which is a shame, if you ask me...I stick to my opinion of it being a great game), and from then on, it all went downhill. Must've been some fun board meetings going on early this year...

Ubisoft: damn you, guys! Our game isn't selling and I'm blaming you guys. You promised us you were going to promote the console as also for a mature audience, but all I see is confusion about that stupid name and commercials that only add to that confusion.
Nintendo: hey! we gave you your console edition. With a pro controller even, despite the fact that the game doesn't use it. It's not our fault that our brand attract only parents who want to entertain their children. Besides...didn't you cover that angle as well?
ubisoft: well...we tried. But instead of your shape, they bought wii fit u. And instead of Rabids land, they went with nintendo land. It's as if "a certain company" doesn't want us to compete on their platform. *eyeballs suspiciously*
Nintendo: nonsense. You could also delay those products to a later date. Like that rayman legends game...it's not our fault people won't buy that AND nsmbu, right? :)
Ubisoft: grmbl...about that. What's this rumour we hear about you releasing a DLC that pretty much doubles the amount of levels?
Nintendo: how do you know...eeeerm...I mean...we might do something like that, yes. :shy:
Ubisoft: that's it! We're delaying Rayman! :angry:
Nintendo: again?
Ubisoft: again! And we're selling it to your competition.
Nintendo: *quizzical* So...how is that going to make a profit for you?
Ubisoft: I don't know. But it somehow damn better do it. Or we'll delay watch_dogs as well while we're at it! Our programmers say your device is harder to program for anyway so it's not even a complete lie.
Nintendo: *stands up, in an angry tone of voice* You wouldn't DARE...
Ubisoft: :tpi:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse