Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TUw0xIr.jpg

Far Cry 3, despite receiving the dubious moniker of "Skyrim with guns," was quite well received upon its release by critics and audiences alike. Naturally, another installment in the franchise was inevitable.

Well, here we are.

Far Cry 4 will be released in the first half of 2015 and be set around the snowy mountain ranges of the Himalayas, Eurogamer can confirm.

There's more to the region than just snow - it's expected that the game will feature a number of environments.

The switch in location marks a drastic change for the adventure series, which is usually more associated with sandy, tropical locales. But it will also pave the way for some new features - such as the ability to saddle up and ride elephants, people familiar with the project told Eurogamer.

Far Cry 4 is still some way away, but we understand that Ubisoft is currently aiming to release it during the next financial year (before the end of March 2015).
:arrow:Eurogamer
[prebreak]Continue Reading[/prebreak]
The game will be released for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

No word yet if there's any plans for a followup to the Blood Dragon DLC/expansion, but one can only hope. Hold on to the vision, my friends.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's hoping for easier modding capabilities. Far Cry 3 was tokenly detailed, with very shallow mechanics (crafting, base-taking, random encounters, explorations) that got old and predictable fairly quickly. Some mods have tried to make these aspects more demanding and chaotic, which requires more attention, and thus potential for player expression, in order to accomplish various tasks.

Far Cry 4 hopefully won't be an even easier account of Far Cry 3's gameplay, but if it is, I only hope modders can do the game justice.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
FC3 was very good, one of the best games I played in 2013. Really loved the environment and especially the story.
Looking forward to this, will have to update my PC though :/

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I hope they won't advertise the shit out of "Rideable Elephants" for this game.

It's not like PC modders haven't done it in other games before.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I do hope they go more in-depth with the gameplay mechanics this time around. Far Cry 3 was a solid game, and gorgeous. But at the same time it was way too shallow and linear, despite what it tried to do. I guess it IS an FPS first, so that's what should be expected.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Farcry 3 was badass but not much like Skyrim at all, like mentioned above Fallout is Skyrim with guns. I recently just purchased and beat Farcry 3 and I couldn't believe I waited so long because it was a great game. Can't wait to see what 4 is all about on the next gen systems.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
once i get over nausea during gameplay, i'll play the entire series
Are you on consoles? The low FOV can contribute a lot to it, but Far Cry 2 and 3 are very visceral about their animations, which I can see as triggering some uncomfortableness. There's a lot of momentum and swinging of the camera space :(

Reactions: shakirmoledina

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Farcry 3 was badass but not much like Skyrim at all, like mentioned above Fallout is Skyrim with guns. I recently just purchased and beat Farcry 3 and I couldn't believe I waited so long because it was a great game. Can't wait to see what 4 is all about on the next gen systems.

Exactly the arthuer above clearly is mistaken. Fallout NV is the game that has been coined as Skyrim with guns by fans. How a person confuses fallout game with far cry is beyond me.

Reactions: slingblade1170

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do people really not remember this?

SXmvUrN.jpg

It was a quote pulled out of context from an interview and plastered all over the promotional material. People were upset and made a stink about it, but in the end it didn't really matter.

Reactions: Foxi4

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yay, yet another reason for people not to buy a Wii U. And for those of you who'll cite hardware limitations and supply/demand as excuses explanations, don't. My mind can only take so much bullshit knowledge before it shatters into a million pieces. On a side note, how do you guys feel about Bayonetta 2? Was the first one a good game? I heard it was. And if so, do you think a sequel to it would be good?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh yay, yet another reason for people not to buy a Wii U. And for those of you who'll cite hardware limitations and supply/demand as excuses explanations, don't. My mind can only take so much bullshit knowledge before it shatters into a million pieces. On a side note, how do you guys feel about Bayonetta 2? Was the first one a good game? I heard it was. And if so, do you think a sequel to it would be good?
Bayonetta was an alright game, but it had its quirks when it comes to artificial difficulty. If you like beat-em-up's, you'll like Bayonetta, however it's not exactly a game to sing praise into the heavens about - at the end of the day, it's a niche title. That said, this is a thread about Far Cry 4, not Bayonetta 2 - we don't have to pretend that the Wii U is getting gaems here. O;

//Master_Trole_2014

As for Far Cry 4, I'm interested. I quite enjoyed Far Cry 3 and if it's going to be anything like that, I'm sold. :)

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yay, yet another reason for people not to buy a Wii U. And for those of you who'll cite hardware limitations and supply/demand as excuses explanations, don't. My mind can only take so much bullshit knowledge before it shatters into a million pieces.
Where were you during last gen?
You should be used to this by now.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Just finished the single player and thought it's really good, but the weapons and exploration wasn't impressive at all, it wasn't bad but it was still disappointing.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Because it is easier to port between the PC, PS4 and XBone, I really do believe 7th generation systems will be getting even less games than the 6th generation received when the 7th generation launched.

The Wii-U is in a situation like the Wii was. Last gen it was somewhat easy to port between the ps3 and xb360. To make a Wii version, in many cases devs had to remake the game entirely from scratch. PC's can simple do more and besides MACs and PCs are where game dev-ing happens, thus making a pc port was an easy choice. The wii not so much.

The install base was big enough on the Wii however to occasionally risk money on a wii version of a game or even risk a wii exclusive game. The Wii-U has no where near the install base the Wii has however. Plus super easy porting between the other 3 is only going to get easier and faster the more familiar people and teams become with the 8th generation hardware.

I will argue eventually porting between the other 3 and making different versions for them from the beginning, will reach a point of ridiculous cheapness. With so much money saved, they maybe willing to do bigger risk, either those risk be; new motion features, VR features, other new game features, even new game types or Wii-U ports. I would go as far as arguing cheaper season passes or DLC or true old expansion packs could be on the menu too.

Maybe the Wii-U versions of games will remain barebones but hey at least they will eventually get something. That's all assuming porting between the main 3 becomes omega cheap (because it will ) and Nintendo starts trying better with the Wii-U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse