Hacking U-Indexer - Creates an HTML index of your loadiine games

Blubberman4U

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Angelita, yes the already installed game updates are showed , even multiple update versions present in the \updates directory are showed nummerical sorted. If an online available update is higher then the updates already installed (scanned in \updates of your games) it will be showed with a red icon and below the already installed updates. If you copy JNUStool.exe and the config file of this great tool to the U-Indexer program directory you wil be able to download this new gameupdate directly. You can manually copy it to the gamedirectory \updates.

The beta 1.0.14b2 (availabe in the beta directory on the U-Indexer download location) will also copy this downloaded update to your gamedirectories, even multiple downloads at once. Read the version history in the Beta folder for the correct steps.

Angelita Perez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I see, I was using an old version :)

Anyways in this new beta version I don't see the games current version!!
before I used to see version either 33 or 32 and what I meant with my question was, that if I already had an updated game
lets say to version 188 (v188) the current version in the app still showed as either 33 or 32 and still would of say update v188
available. Or the other explanation which is likely the most accurate is that I don't understand much and I am reading it wrong :)

Blubberman4U

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well the updates check mechanism checks \updates of each game, if you overwrite the original game files with the content of the downloaded update then it is not displayed. As long each game has a \updates dir and you (or the download via JNUStool) copy, for example v16 to this dir, by the next scan it will be visible. I hope this helps.. sorry english is not my native language.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh i get it, in the new beta3 i removed the Version column because normally this would not change and we all (could) have the same gamedisc rip. But.... If you have overwritten the game files with the content of the downloaded update then U-Indexer reads the meta.xml from the update and this version number is actually the update version number. Because i have removed this 'original version' column overwritten updaters (no offend) are no longer seeing any version difference. Overwriting your original gamefiles with updates on HD is not smart, if you need a rollback, because the latest update contains SD card detection or so you have to to download the whole game again, on SD card it is handy to save space i agree. So stick with \updates method like loadiine uses and as a bonus my tool will assist you with signalling, downloading and copying.

Example: if you conform to \updates mechanism

<image not allowed>

v192 update of splatoon was installed in \updates of gamedir, but my tool signals that v224 is available, and you can then download it with JNUStool and afterwards u-indexer can copy it to the correct gamedir. After a new scan both updates would be shown and you can of course delete the older update after testing.

Last edited by Blubberman4U,

Angelita Perez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ok, that is why then, I have a bad habit of updating by replacing the folders
so I don't have an "update" folder or dir.
Thanks for the app.

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Blubberman: Thank you for your tool. Luckily it works great as it is right now and I will keep using it.

@Mrdx: ......... (can't find the right words....... so pathetic.....so.... yeach!!!)

ANTONIOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
One person asked to remove a single word from the screenshot -> deletes the entire OP. Not a cool move IMO.

Didn't he get reported?:huh: also, who wrote that blue text? The OP or a Mod?

I don't know if he deleted everything because he got reported and a mod asked him to delete that part of the screenshot or because he got angry because a regular user asked him to do so. :wacko:

Brenry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone happen to catch a mirror link? Regardless of how the OP edited the post it was a legit app, screenshots are still featured on wiiubrew.net, but the googledrive link was locked down. Very slick gui.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte