Hacking Type-0 translator looking for a new game

sandytf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are ever looking for a mini side project, I'm currently translating the Super Famicom game Donald Duck Mahou No Boushi. This platformer only has about 100 blocks of text (each maybe one to three sentences long). I already have tools to dump and reinsert text along with editing the title screen. Before real-life reared it's ugly head, I was working on adding support for a variable width font.

Reactions: Merkabah

JuliusEra

majestix1988
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if only kenka bancho games[that never leave on japan) have translation too........(Kenka bancho 4: One Year War/Kenka Bancho 5: Otoko No Rule)

space-dandy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you interested in anime VNs? The project of the Code Geass Lost Colors for PSP got stalled after two routes and never was properly hacked, which is quite a shame. And what about Time Travelers?

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Hahaha, well there you go! After looking at all the projects last night, yes, I decided to go ahead and join the Ni no Kuni DS project! I think it will be a fun experience, and I think it's a project that suits me pretty well. So look forward to more about that from me in the future!

Everyone else who's asked for help with their projects - please let me know if there's any spot translation work I can do. And I'm also planning on taking a look at the Digimon project again pretty soon as well. I'm just not sure how useful I'll be with that one because I don't really know anything about Digimon in general though, heh.

At this point any help would be appreciated. Plus there's already a localization team (which I'm part of) there to, in part, know stuff about Digimon. We just can't localize anything that isn't translated and that's why we need a translator so that what is translated can be perfected and relevant to the franchise.

I think [user]Black-Ice[/user] would be of more help explaining this than me.

Merkabah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That makes sense. You can always take the work of a translator and alter the terminology and such so that it makes sense in the context of the Digimon world. I'm going to take my first look at the script for the game tonight, so we'll see what I can come up with!

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say:
1. Shining Ark
2. PSP Infinite
3. GE 2

OR

A table to help us play Freedom War. Like what FF Type-0 has which still comes in handy. Is there anyway to access the script from a VITA game?

Cursed Kaiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
God Eater 2 seems playable even in pure japanese, guys like Jayuzman have skill spreadsheets....but the story being translated is gonna be very cool.. Frontier Gate Boost+ also is playable with the online guidelines but won't be bad if it's gonna be translated.... I"LL BET FOR LORD OF APOCALYPSE!!!!!!!!!

kratoscar2008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How about Growlanser 1 <PSP? I know its not exactly popular but the game got a dedicated following to the point of having an script translation of the PS1 version, i dont know anything about hacking but maybe that would make the project relatively easier?.

How about Langrisser 3 or 5? Those are great SRPGs that could have a nice english patch like L4 did.

If its just for current games then please help the Fate/Extra CCC translation of Persona 2 Eternal Punishment Portable translation.

Any of those would make me happy.

Merkabah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, so many choices! I have a lot more research to do. I've offered my work for a few projects already, but I'm going to have to look into some more of these... Although I do have to say, I definitely don't have the programmer smarts to run a project on my own, I don't think. So if there's any programmers out there who are interested in any games that have been mentioned but don't have teams already working on them, feel free to drop me a PM if you want to pursue a possible collaboration.

Reactions: kratoscar2008

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Last Ranker does have an almost-complete English translation for items and most story cutscenes and dialogues.
The problem is the insertion (=hacking) part.
Same for SMT Devil Summoner, and Summon Night Hajimari no Ishi.

earlynovfan

Delusional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, so many choices! I have a lot more research to do. I've offered my work for a few projects already, but I'm going to have to look into some more of these... Although I do have to say, I definitely don't have the programmer smarts to run a project on my own, I don't think. So if there's any programmers out there who are interested in any games that have been mentioned but don't have teams already working on them, feel free to drop me a PM if you want to pursue a possible collaboration.

I may not be able to program (though I'd love to learn) but I can definitely help you out in some other way. :D

Diag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i would suggest Zero no Kiseki, because the west needs more of the awesome falcom rpgs :( even if the legend of heroes games are beasts regarding the amount of text :/ xseed just announced that trails in the sky sc will be released probably end of this year :( and trails in the sky 3rd won´t come here at all, so we have to hope, that fans will take care of this too :( zero and ao no kiseki has still a chance due to its evolution ports, but i won´t bet on it either

my second suggestion is persona 2 eternal punishment ^^ there are other great psp games too, but these are my favorites.. i´m not a big fan of ni no kuni, but i think this will make many people happy too ^^

another game that i would love to see in english is ever 17 on the psp, but there is no project currently :( in my opinion its the best visual novel (or even the best story i know so far) ever released on pc and it would be awesome to read it on the go ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)