Hacking Type-0 translator looking for a new game

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Merkabah,

I'm pretty sure Team Maverick ONE still needs a translator to finish their translation of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd. The project is nearly finished. The dialogue could also use a proofread from someone with the skills to do so, imo.

If interested, you can contact DamimavPL at:

[email protected]

zero_g_monkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We would love to have you with the Legend of Heroes stuff. There is anything from dialog to just item/spells/etc stuff that could use a hand. 7th Dragon 2020 was something else I was working on till the Zero stuff took off. It is very hackable and doesn't require an eboot patch to make the re-compressed archive work. Just have to use the right settings when making the cpk and rename it with the same name as the pgd. Works on both emulators and real hardware. Only problem with 7th Dragon is the lack of Latin characters. It supports them, but they are just not there. Also uses UTF-8 encoding. But could quite possibly have a ton of space if it supported single byte Latin. If you are considering Summon Night, that is also a pretty good series. But I would suggest finding somebody who would do the PSX versions. Would be a whole lot more fun to play all 5 games on one console. That is just my two cents.

Merkabah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, thanks for all the amazing suggestions, you guys! Sometimes it can be hard to tell what state a project is in by giving the forums a glance, but now I have a better idea of which projects I'd like to check out and learn more about.

I think doing Legend of Heroes would probably be a lot of fun, although yeah it would definitely be an extremely long-term sort of investment. Still, send me a PM if there's anything I can do to help!

Right now I'm checking in with the Ni no Kuni translation because I like the idea of the DS game sort of presenting an alternate take of the storyline, with events occurring differently than the PS3 release. Honestly, a lot of these games sound really cool, though. I'm definitely going to be doing some research tonight.

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've no idea if a project is in the works - though someone posted test hacking in the game - would any of the Shining games on PSP be desirable? The series has stopped getting North American entries after the PS2 generation almost entirely, and I believe three of the last five Shining games were on the PSP.

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both already have partial translation patches. Great crossovers.

Only of the menus, which was as far as those translations were going to go from the hackers/translators. Similarly to those three or so Wii games with menu translations, all three are RPGs so trying to play it for the story ends up being an empty experience.

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Only of the menus, which was as far as those translations were going to go from the hackers/translators. Similarly to those three or so Wii games with menu translations, all three are RPGs so trying to play it for the story ends up being an empty experience.

Well, I was just saying that they exist and that allow the games to be played.

Keep in mind that are crossovers between games, some of which are also japanese releases only. And translating a game from this series isn't easy, just the skills can be a pain in the ass... (Complaints, everywhere.)

I mean, these games may have references to other games and link them can be a big problem, precisely because some weren't localized... Do you understand the point I'm getting at?

I know that understand the story is part of the fun, I just think that a lot of (TRUE) fans are needed for these two games in particular. (By being the largest two Tales of crossovers in terms of text.)

My humble opinion is that Merkabah should try to join the Ni No Kuni DS project. Sounds perfect for him, just sayin'!

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Merkabah joining us was the best thing that happened to the Ni no Kuni project since... um I don't think I'm supposed to say this yet :P
One day and already almost one entire map taken care of. He's awesome!
The tiny progress bar is finally advancing :)
I'm grateful for the opportunity of working with all of our wonderful team members involved, no exception.
We're still open to more translation help if only because of the sheer text volume ~500 text files left (keeping in mind naturally google translator being a big no with all currently involved parties objecting to it)

Reactions: earlynovfan

Merkabah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hahaha, well there you go! After looking at all the projects last night, yes, I decided to go ahead and join the Ni no Kuni DS project! I think it will be a fun experience, and I think it's a project that suits me pretty well. So look forward to more about that from me in the future!

Everyone else who's asked for help with their projects - please let me know if there's any spot translation work I can do. And I'm also planning on taking a look at the Digimon project again pretty soon as well. I'm just not sure how useful I'll be with that one because I don't really know anything about Digimon in general though, heh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)