Two Vita Bundles Incoming

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by rad140, Aug 10, 2012.

Aug 10, 2012

Two Vita Bundles Incoming by rad140 at 8:50 PM (2,810 Views / 0 Likes) 41 Comments

Nathan Drake Oh no you didn't *snap snap snap*

Message Count:
    United States
    I should mention: with the increasing size of games, as well as the size of various things such as music and movies that will occupy a memory card, it's really best to physically purchase as many things as you can. With the current limits of everything involved with memory in regards to the Vita, you're unlikely to ever see memory cards for the Vita over 32GB, and for an active gamer, that won't ever be enough in this generation.

Edit: Alternatively, just start building a small collection of 16GB or 32GB cards. I'd imagine about five of the former, and maybe two to three of the latter would be good for just about anybody. I'd suggest waiting for memory prices to drop before stocking up though, otherwise you may be kicking yourself when you don't need to use another memory card that you purchased until they're only maybe two thirds of the price they once were.

Mchief298 Reject My Fix

Message Count:
    United States
    Rock bottom, huh? lolk. I'm not against the whole memory scheme, grabs a couple of extra bucks from the everyday consumer. I just think it's cute that people buy into overpriced and overhyped hardware. Yes, I've played with the PSVita, no I'm not an anti-Sony kind of person. The power in something that small is definitely something to respect. I'd just prefer alternatives and not be FORCED to one propietary format. At least with the PSP, there was an adapter. Also? I'm not sure where you pulled the GameCube and PS1 thing from. Just because I'm against how Sony prices their items? Oh, ok. I understand the GC and PS1/2 thing. Not to mention it was more convenient. Whereas the Vita memory has limitations, both in software and hardware.

VampireLordAlucard New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    An 8 GB card for $30 is terrible. You can buy a 16 GB microSD card for less than $10.

That $30 could almost buy you another game!

I think you misread his reply. He's saying that SD and microSD cards have rock bottom prices, and they do. Also, he's relating this to PS1/PS2/Gamecube because they also had proprietary memory cards, and nobody minded back then.

Nathan Drake Oh no you didn't *snap snap snap*

Message Count:
    United States
    First off, thanks for clarifying my post. Saved me some time, and I appreciate it.

As for the memory, like I said, we've been spoiled by the prices of SD and MicroSD cards anymore. They weren't always so cheap. Some people, likely on this very forum, will remember paying a lot more than

VampireLordAlucard New Member

Message Count:
    United States

djricekcn New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    i was going to get the white vita jpn one but since USA one is coming out i guess i can save 100-200 dollars now...plus get a game i was going to get anyway

Issac 10 Year Member, 0 Warnings!

Message Count:
    Sweden
    Something I haven't seen in any of this discussion about the memory cards, is the speed and quality. First off, I think saves should be able to be stored on the game cards. It's not disc based media anymore. But apart from that, since it's possible to download games, if someone uses a low class (or high class, I'm not sure which is best/worst) SD card, the games might not run properly, and the consumer will complain to Sony. If sony makes the memory cards, they will hold the standard that is best for the use.
    Just think about DS flashcards, where some games really need a good brand, and a good speed, to not have problems running games, and cutscenes. These proprietary cards eliminates the "consumer getting the wrong card blaming it on us" scenario.

Also, the PSX, PS2 and Game Cube (and PSP), the games were on discs. you can't save on a disc, and hard drives were expensive back then. There were also savefiles, so you didn't have to use that many memory cards.. it was not like you downloaded games.
    on the N64 though, I never understood why some developers decided to not have saving on the gamecart, and used a memory card instead.

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

Message Count:
    United States
    How did this turn into a "Let's bitch about memory cards" thread? Seriously, it's not that big a deal. Buy a 4GB or an 8GB memory card and be done with it. It's not like you're selling your first born son.

Also if you expect a handheld to have internal storage then you're fucking retarded. The only handheld I can think of that has internal storage is the PSP Go, internal storage doesn't equal coming with a SD card that stores your data.

Gaming is a luxury. If you're going to pass on a console because of a single memory card then that's rather shallow.
    4 people like this.

Langin New Member

Message Count:
    Antarctica
    I somehow agree but I also disagree, since why does Sony use their own cards and why not the way Nintendo does with Sd cards. Way cheaper.(Doesn't take away the fact that I own 2 32 Gb cards) :lol:

You know I'll trade my black one for a white asap as it is out.

Issac 10 Year Member, 0 Warnings!

Message Count:
    Sweden
    Guild: The 3DS does have internal storage as well, though not that big.

EON: Why sony use their own cards, i argumented for that in the post two posts above yours. They "force" you to get a good quality card, so there won't be any problems with speed and corrupt cards etc. A cheap sucker might go buy a chinese knock-off class 1 32 GB SD card for $15 on ebay, and then the games won't run properly, and the consumer will blame Sony.

rad140 GBAtemp's "over quoter"

Message Count:
    Canada
    I updated the first post.

Could a mod change the title from "two" to "three"? Thanks.

clarky World Peace Is None Of Your Business

Message Count:
    United States
    just been reading about and I see the Black Ops Declassified bundle only gives you a voucher to download the game, not a physical copy of the game. Just letting people know incase it is a turn off
    1 people like this.
    • Reporter

Foxi4 ...

Message Count:
    Poland
    Yep, he's right.

Source: http://www.videogamer.com/psvita/black_ops_declassified/news/black_ops_declassified_bundle_copy_is_digital.html

It IS a turn-off, since the game's going to take quite a bit of storage space, which wouldn't be the case if the copy was physical.

jimmyemunoz New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    The Madden 13 bundle has just the game cartridge, no cover or manual or anything else. The game in a plastic snap case, which is really crappy of Sony to do.

GameWinner ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Persona 5 ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Message Count:
    United States
    They are trying to save paper or something, all Vita games are missing the manual.
    • Reporter

Foxi4 ...

Message Count:
    Poland
    If I remember correctly, the manual is accessible in a digital form via the Vita's menu, similarily to manuals in PSP games. They figured that there's no need to include a paper one.

rad140 GBAtemp's "over quoter"

Message Count:
    Canada
    Thanks. Updated.

It's true, but when I pay $40 (or more) + tax, I'd like to get a physical manual. I miss the days of thick paper manuals. That smell :lol:
    • Reporter

Foxi4 ...

Message Count:
    Poland
    As a collector as well as a sworn enemy of digital distribution, I can relate, but it's a sign of the times, really.

I remember reading game manuals just for kicks - I didn't need to, I just liked to flick through them, even if I knew the controls - they often had cool artwork inside... :P
    2 people like this.

NightsOwl New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Gee.... sure is... tempt...ing..

-snore-

Really. These bundles don't make me want it any more. Saving 60 bucks isn't a problem, it's the fact it has next to nothing I want to play.

clarky World Peace Is None Of Your Business

Message Count:
    United States
    can relate man, can relate. Some of the effort that went into writing a plot on some of them for simple games etc I've heard the manual to the Metal Gear games on the Nes take the piss out of the characters in the bio write up

SPONSORED LINKS