Hacking Two partition hard drive for both wii u and vwii?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone
So, I would like to know if there is a way to separate an external hard drive into two part
the first one would be for wii u games downloaded through e-shop
the second part would be readable with my pc so i can import wii games iso in it and play them in vwii homebrew channel.
My hard drive size is 3TB.

thanks in advance

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone
So, I would like to know if there is a way to separate an external hard drive into two part
the first one would be for wii u games downloaded through e-shop
the second part would be readable with my pc so i can import wii games iso in it and play them in vwii homebrew channel.
My hard drive size is 3TB.

thanks in advance

Nope, sorry, it's one or the other. The Wii U wipes the entire drive when it formats, not just the partition, and since it's encrypted you can't modify it to change the partition table post-format. The only workaround solution right now is to have two drives, one for Wii homebrew and the other for Wii U storage

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, sorry, it's one or the other. The Wii U wipes the entire drive when it formats, not just the partition, and since it's encrypted you can't modify it to change the partition table post-format. The only workaround solution right now is to have two drives, one for Wii homebrew and the other for Wii U storage

Actually it does a lazy format, and basically just overwrites whatever space it needs. It doesn't wipe the entire thing, so technically you could have both. I'm just not sure how practical it would be. So yeah, unless you wanna get really fancy, one or the other.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually it does a lazy format, and basically just overwrites whatever space it needs. It doesn't wipe the entire thing, so technically you could have both. I'm just not sure how practical it would be. So yeah, unless you wanna get really fancy, one or the other.

Did not know this! How does the Wii U decide what space it "needs", out of curiosity?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
It also wipes the partition table though.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did not know this! How does the Wii U decide what space it "needs", out of curiosity?

It's encrypted, so it's just the block size times however many blocks needed. From some of my tests, a clean format uses up the first 0x17000 bytes, so I assume a block is 0x1000. It also writes from the start of the drive to the end, so if you were to store some data at the end it probably wouldn't get overwritten.
It also wipes the partition table though.

True

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's encrypted, so it's just the block size times however many blocks needed. From some of my tests, a clean format uses up the first 0x17000 bytes, so I assume a block is 0x1000. It also writes from the start of the drive to the end, so if you were to store some data at the end it probably wouldn't get overwritten.

Oh nice, thanks :yay:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.