Homebrew [Discontinued] TWLoader - CTR-mode NDS app

Status
Not open for further replies.

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
Playing DSi ware from CIA installs the game to the home menu on NAND. I take it that means there is the usual limit to what can be played/installed. Read somewhere that people have managed to get up to 15 DSi ware titles installed but no more. Does that mean to play the games from Twloader we have the same limits? If so maybe that would be good info to share on the github? Plus what is the advantage of playing only possibly 15 DSi ware titles from Twloader over installing then with FBI and playing them from the home menu. Why would you load Twloader then run your DSiware game when you could have just ran it straight from home? Dont see the logic in this unless you can play DSiware titles from roms i.e nds files. Therefore defeating the 15 title limit. Any thoughts?

Last edited by sion_zaphod,

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Playing DSi ware from CIA installs the game to the home menu on NAND. I take it that means there is the usual limit to what can be played/installed. Read somewhere that people have managed to get up to 15 DSi ware titles installed but no more. Does that mean to play the games from Twloader we have the same limits? If so maybe that would be good info to share on the github?
There is no title limit on TWLoader when launching DSiWare games, but you are límited to the TWLN small space until SD redirection is improved.

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Later down the road

Becouse my R4 is basicly usesless after the most recent update on the 3DS, not even the TWL for launch the old flashcards make the thing work. I have try this TWLoader ctr but unfortunaly all the game that im intrested don't start (withe screen).
So becouse the "dead" of my old R4 i was searching for alternative.

D

Deleted User

Becouse my R4 is basicly usesless after the most recent update on the 3DS, not even the TWL for launch the old flashcards make the thing work. I have try this TWLoader ctr but unfortunaly all the game that im intrested don't start (withe screen).
So becouse the "dead" of my old R4 i was searching for alternative.
Your R4 doesn´t react at all? Not even on an DS?

D

Deleted User

On DS works normaly, just on the 3DS. Apperently is becouse the recent updates.
That´s a first for me. I thought the R4 is supported by bootstrap. I know there is a difference in booting TWLoader in cia or the Homebrew Loader.
Edit: There is still one thing that could work. Download a different kernel for your flashcard, back everything up, delete the old firmware/kernel and copy paste the new one.
Maybe this helps.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

launche GBArunner2
error:´
bootstrap not found.
Press B to return to
HOME Menu.
I had that Error as well. I solved it by copying the bootstrap files to the _nds folder on the root of the sd card, and into the _nds folder that is inside sdroot folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol