Homebrew [Discontinued] TWLoader - CTR-mode NDS app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 I am not sure why this happens but it does. A game called Polarium seems to softlock TWLoader when using the flashcart method. Not nds-bootstrap but the menu itself, most likely being triggered trying to load the icon data. It isn't a corrupted rom as I dumped it with GM9 and ran it on an flashcart only for it to not crash and load just fine. When I load it up, nothing is on the top screen as normal as it's loading boxart, only to softlock when it shows Polarium with no info.

Here is what it looks like on the bottom screen, it is softlocked as I cannot move the menu at all.

e682605ad4.png

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 I am not sure why this happens but it does. A game called Polarium seems to softlock TWLoader when using the flashcart method. Not nds-bootstrap but the menu itself, most likely being triggered trying to load the icon data. It isn't a corrupted rom as I dumped it with GM9 and ran it on an flashcart only for it to not crash and load just fine. When I load it up, nothing is on the top screen as normal as it's loading boxart, only to softlock when it shows Polarium with no info.

Here is what it looks like on the bottom screen, it is softlocked as I cannot move the menu at all.

e682605ad4.png
Try deleting the Polarium game .ini file on your 3DS SD card.
Also, can you still enter the START menu?

Jubash

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
With this update my flashcard forwarders (within TWLoader) stopped working, they just send me to a white screen. Launching the flashcard directly from TWLoader still works. I have an Acekard 2i

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With this update my flashcard forwarders (within TWLoader) stopped working, they just send me to a white screen. Launching the flashcard directly from TWLoader still works. I have an Acekard 2i
Are you sure v5.4.1 worked with your forwarders before? If so, that's weird.
I have no idea what I did to make them stop working.

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try deleting the Polarium game .ini file on your 3DS SD card.
Also, can you still enter the START menu?
Did delete the .ini files and it went back to normal and retrying it to press START and as I have probably would have figured it does not respond.

Jubash

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Are you sure v5.4.1 worked with your forwarders before? If so, that's weird.
I have no idea what I did to make them stop working.
My bad :( Sorry
I changed the flashcard used in Settings to test another one I have laying around and forgot to change back since. It's still working great

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is two loadcard_dstt.nds in the package. One in:
\flashcardsdroot ((use with contents from -all- ) DSTT, R4i Gold, R4i-SDHC, SC DSONE)\for 3DS SD Card\_nds
And the other one in:
\sdroot\_nds

Which one are you supposed to use if you have a R4i Gold?

Jubash

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
\flashcardsdroot ((use with contents from -all- ) DSTT, R4i Gold, R4i-SDHC, SC DSONE)\for 3DS SD Card\_nds
And the other one in:
\sdroot\_nds

They go in different places, so you need to have them both
\flashcardsdroot\ goes in your flashcard sd and \sdroot\ in your 3DS'

ChipJockey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello, I've got a little problem here.
I'm trying to get flashcard (Acekard 2i) forwarding to work, but I don't think I can set it up right. I've put every file in correct order and tried to do 2 scenarios:
1. Loading from "Add Games" loads up 3DS SD Card, when trying to load .nds, it freezes on Error 1 and then creates blank .ini which makes TWLoader freeze.
2. Making .ini files with Forwarder3-DS - it generates good files, but for some reason it freezes TWLoader again and forward images read "No Info".
No idea why is this happening.

Last edited by ChipJockey,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And the other one in:
\sdroot\_nds

The one in sdroot.
all my games freeze white screen since the last updates
Are you trying to load from flashcard? If so, make sure Reset Slot-1 is on.
FFTA2 is working on sd card or not yet?
Not yet.
I'm trying to get flashcard (Acekard 2i) forwarding to work, but I don't think I can set it up right. I've put every file in correct order and tried to do 2 scenarios:
1. Loading from "Add Games" loads up 3DS SD Card, when trying to load .nds, it freezes on Error 1 and then creates blank .ini which makes TWLoader freeze.
2. Making .ini files with Forwarder3-DS - it generates good files, but for some reason it freezes TWLoader again and forward images read "No Info".
Me neither.

ChipJockey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Okay, a little update for a Forwarder3-DS one. From what I discovered, it was softlocked because of the lack of generated TIDs in INI. I had to insert it manually to make it work.
There's still problem with the "No Info" thing. Probably because Forwarder3-DS does not export bin files needed in "bnricons/flashcard"

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, a little update for a Forwarder3-DS one. From what I discovered, it was softlocked because of the lack of generated TIDs in INI. I had to insert it manually to make it work.
There's still problem with the "No Info" thing. Probably because Forwarder3-DS does not export bin files needed in "bnricons/flashcard"
Yeah, it exports .png files instead, which TWLoader used to use for banner icons. The TWLoader feature in Forwarder3-DS is outdated.

linkchidori

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Im trying to execute Super Mario 64 DS and it just gives me a black screen after the Nintendo DS health screen, i already installed the both TWL Side CIAs in both the Emunand and the Sysnand and i dont know why it doesn´t work, and it seems it also happens with GBARunner2, so i suppose it will happen with every game i execute

PS: I have the latest version

Edit: I was checking, and it seems that, while being in Luma3DS (With Sys patches and Emunand), it doesn´t start DS games in general, not even my flashcard, while in normal Sysnand it does.

Last edited by linkchidori,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to execute Super Mario 64 DS and it just gives me a black screen after the Nintendo DS health screen, i already installed the both TWL Side CIAs in both the Emunand and the Sysnand and i dont know why it doesn´t work, and it seems it also happens with GBARunner2, so i suppose it will happen with every game i execute

PS: I have the latest version

Edit: I was checking, and it seems that, while being in Luma3DS (With Sys patches and Emunand), it doesn´t start DS games in general, not even my flashcard, while in normal Sysnand it does.
If you have Boot9strap, I recommend you transfer your EmuNAND to SysNAND, and delete the EmuNAND from your SD card.

linkchidori

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you have Boot9strap, I recommend you transfer your EmuNAND to SysNAND, and delete the EmuNAND from your SD card.
I´ve been seeing people recommending that, but the thing is im kinda reluctant to doing it, cause i like to preserve the original FW on the console due to safe things and suck, is there a way i can preserve it ?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I´ve been seeing people recommending that, but the thing is im kinda reluctant to doing it, cause i like to preserve the original FW on the console due to safe things and suck, is there a way i can preserve it ?
The original FW is not modified on the NAND in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans