Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yeah if there is no real difference I'm curious as to why WinterMute has new hbmenu booting in enhanced mode instead of exclusive mode....Maybe he knows something we don't or just randomly decided to use enhanced mode for no perticuler reason. Though that's non standard. Games with SD/NAND access are all DSi Exclusive titles. There has never been a DSi Enhanced game that runs on NAND or has access to nand from slot-1 (though technically possible with the right settings in the header, game companies either didn't or wasn't allowed to do it)

Maybe enhanced mode handles legacy NTR stuff differently, but I never really noticed a difference. I guess we won't know till we attempt to boot a DSi Enhanced game in exclusive mode... :P

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes a few actually:

1. Could you provide unofficial builds for twloader like you do for bootstrap?

2. Can you make a flashcard side package for my cart, its a hybrid between acecard rpg and r4, retrogamefan has a special version for it in his multi cart update, its called GalaxyEagle/R4Ultra
  1. I'll probably do it if some others ask the same question.
  2. Can you launch the card itself in TWLoader? If it works, send me the card's firmware/kernel zip package.

bakawun

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
  1. I'll probably do it if some others ask the same question.
  2. Can you launch the card itself in TWLoader? If it works, send me the card's firmware/kernel zip package.
The card boots properly from twloader, home and ntr launcher.
I don't have the firmware, and the site had been down for ages, but i can send you the kernel

Do you want original or retrogamefans? (i am using the latter as direct boot)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The card boots properly from twloader, home and ntr launcher.
I don't have the firmware, and the site had been down for ages, but i can send you the kernel

Do you want original or retrogamefans? (i am using the latter as direct boot)
I found RetroGameFan's. I'll use that.

bakawun

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
I found RetroGameFan's. I'll use that.

Thanks!

You seem to know a lot about that stuff, can you also improve on the kernel in any way? for example currently puyo puyo 15th does not work on my cart (and with bootstrap it throws a can't read cart error, please re-insert)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!

You seem to know a lot about that stuff, can you also improve on the kernel in any way? for example currently puyo puyo 15th does not work on my cart (and with bootstrap it throws a can't read cart error, please re-insert)
I don't think I can improve it, but still, please send me the kernel.
Does the game work on YSMenu?

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only TWL cart I have is Sonic Classic Collection and that game fails to do anything at all.
I just thought of something. Maybe Sonic Classic Collection is using a different method to determine if it's in running on a DSi compared to System FLAW, and said method passes because of some DSi-mode feature left enabled by NTR_Launcher. (CPU speed, SD slot, touchscreen... or some other register that isn't being handled?)

Makore

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Some images...
20170118_150704[1].jpg 20170118_150721[1].jpg 20170118_152254[1].jpg

Attachments

• 20170118_154205[1].jpg
    20170118_154205[1].jpg
    960.9 KB · Views: 125
Last edited by Makore,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I just thought of something. Maybe Sonic Classic Collection is using a different method to determine if it's in running on a DSi compared to System FLAW, and said method passes because of some DSi-mode feature left enabled by NTR_Launcher. (CPU speed, SD slot, touchscreen... or some other register that isn't being handled?)

I do have a ini file setting that enables locking of SCFG which NTR/DSi Enhanced games expect. NTR mode doesn't allow scfg being read at all so that could be why it fail. But I recall testing it with that option enabled. But I'll try again and see. But the debug boxes are never cleared, so that indicates the game fails to to boot at all.

EDIT: Yeah I already have the "EnableSD" option disabled. This results in locked SCFG on both arm7 and arm9. So it's unlikely it's SCFG that the game checks. Though as I said it fails to wipe the screen of my debug boxes during earlier testing, so this indicates the game fails to boot at all.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

bakawun

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
I don't think I can improve it, but still, please send me the kernel.
Does the game work on YSMenu?
I am currently running YSmenu, the game boots only with DMA selected but when it saves i get black screens, music keeps playing and it hangs there forever. If i disable DMA it won't boot at all.

Attached is the original kernel i had on the cart, i think i have the 1.4.4 firmware on it (which shows a nordic game with a rabbit) but my DSI is running 1.4 so i can't be sure.
(i left out the moonshell part to be able to attach it here)

Attachments

• BACKUP original.7z
    1.3 MB · Views: 83
Last edited by bakawun,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @K3Nv2 you should get VR then