TWL Slot-1 Launcher (First custom DSiWare app!)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Apache Thunder, Feb 10, 2016.

1. alex61194

alex61194 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 13, 2016
    oh didnt knew about pokemon if i dont enable that option the ntr launcher just give me white screen like pokemon

2. Jelanye

Jelanye Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2015
    Canada
    Can someone help me with resetting my TWL_FIRM and DS whitelists? I can't use my 3DS R4i-SDHC RTS version cart using any of Apache's launchers, in fact I can't launch any DS/DSi cartridge so I think something happened to my TWL_FIRM. I'm updated to Sysnand 11.0, I followed the Plailect guide so yeah. O3DS, using screeninit. I don't really know what version of TWL_FIRM to get, where to get DS Whitelist cia (since 3DNUS isn't downloading it) and how to install them properly. Thanks guys

3. TheHaxForU

TheHaxForU GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2012
    United States
    I'm getting this black screen error. On luma3ds. I can play dsiware games fine so twl should be patched.
    Non of my 3 DS cards show up on home screen
    Acekard 2i
    Ace3ds plus
    Or gateway blue card. Nor do any of them work with ntr or this slot 1 launcher, all black screen hold power etc.

4. Apache Thunder
    OP

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Do legit game carts work? If not, then perhaps you have a version of Kernel9LoaderHax that is not compatible. I believe certain versions of Luma Kernel9LoaderHax can cause this issue due to ITCM patches it does. This is not to be confused with Luma CFW as that's a seperate thing. I mean the version of Kernel9LoaderHax you installed after getting your OTP for the first time. Go back to a different version like the original non screen init version from delebile and then check again to see if it works.

5. TheHaxForU

Jan 19, 2012
    United States
    Legit carts work. Just checked. And I installed arm9 around the same time otp helper was released xD awhile ago

6. Apache Thunder
    OP

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Try pushing the problem carts all the way in the slot past the click and hold them there. Do they show up then? if not, sounds like they are all defective. At the very minimum you should be seeing a white icon with no name for older flashcarts. But those are newer carts that pretend to be games, so it's abnormal that they don't show up at all on home menu.

7. TheHaxForU

Jan 19, 2012
    United States
    That's very odd. Last I check they worked fine..how did all of my flash carts die?? Just grabbed my NDS and they don't pop up on there either.

I went and found my old DS original. And one of my cards pop up on there.

Edit- I cleaned the contacts now they all show up and boot without any launchers :)! Something so simple. Although the acekard 2i with akaio freezes my home menu most of the time.

Last edited by TheHaxForU, Oct 5, 2016
  8. condedooku

condedooku Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2016
    Hi, I have a ezflash V flashcard and it works on my old3ds but not with my new3ds, why? Both of them are arm9loaderhax with 6.5 luma, firmaware is 11.2
    Thanks

9. Favna

Favna #PCMasterRace

Sep 12, 2009
    Netherlands
    Make sure your new3ds doesn't have a patched TWL_FIRM by downloading an unlatched from the Nus and installing it. As of Luma 6.5 using pre patched of that and others is unsupported

10. ericling

ericling GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 15, 2009
    Malaysia
    Malaysia
    Thank you! Finally got my Acekard 2.1 (not 2i) working on N3DSXL!
    I had to format the SD on Acekard and put in the latest AKAIO files in order for my 3DSXL to detect the cart.
    If anyone having any errors, try formatting your Acekard SD card.

daxtsu likes this.
  11. Nayer

Nayer Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2016
    hello
    thanks for all the work you put into making this, i read many pages of this topic but i would just like to verify something before experimenting :
    i have an o3ds, original r4; and luma & rx tools.
    so basically all i have to do is install the cia on sysnand AND emunand then boot on emunand ?(sysnand is 9.2 if that matters at all)

12. Favna

Favna #PCMasterRace

Sep 12, 2009
    Netherlands
    A better question is why you don't just switch from your setup with a cfw that will never get updated (rxtools) because development was killed to a setup with arm9loaderhax with better brick prevention, faster and more reliable boot times, a fully working cfw and no extra bullshit that is effort you shouldn't need to put into it.

13. Nayer

Nayer Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2016
    well i actually i said i had luma (and thats the one im mostly using, just kept rx tools in case things went wrong)

14. Favna

Favna #PCMasterRace

Sep 12, 2009
    Netherlands
    Regardless you are still using a sys+emunand solution likely loading it with menuhax rather than using arm9loaderhax

15. Nayer

Nayer Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2016
    that is very true, because that is very true, because i didnt think it was needed for this whole thing to work.
    Welp i don't really want to cause more useless answers in this thread.I 'll just ask somewhere else. have a nice day.

16. ShadowWolfHaxX

ShadowWolfHaxX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2016
    I get a white screen with the following flashcart r4i v1.4 Revolution for DS (ndsi/ndsl/nds)www.r4igold.cn

17. sd2

sd2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2016
    Dstti also worked. [translation by Google Translation]

18. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    In case anyone is using an AK2i on Luma,

for my AK2i, I am using the older bootloader that supports 3DS 4.0.0 (Deep Labyrinth - Digital Bros (DSi v1.4.4 & 3DS 4.0.0-7/4.1.0-8))
    the reason for this is that the newer ones will boot but they take a few seconds to load as 4.2 and 4.3 had some checks that the cart bypassed with a delay in launching.
    the Deep Labyrinth bootloader boots instantly like the GW blue card and the DSTwo.

this bootloader will work launching from the home screen and does not need TWL Slot 1 launcher or stage2 launcher.

Last edited by driverdis, Dec 8, 2016
    Maximo22 likes this.
  19. Maximo22

Maximo22 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2016
    Mexico
    Can you please PM me the exact name or version of the bootloader you're using or the webpage where you downloaded it from? I understand what you're saying, but I don't really know how should I look for it specifically

20. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Updating_the_AK2i_Bootloader#Downgrading_the_Bootloader
    Pick this one called "ak2ifw_update_dsi-v1.43_3ds-v3.0"

EDIT: If anyone still has the DSi 1.44/3DS 3.0 bootloader, it needs to be reuploaded on FileTrip as the link is dead

EDIT2: https://web.archive.org/web/2012092.../download/ak2/ak2ifw_update_3ds4.0_dsi144.zip

This link has the latest AK2i firmware that boots fast, 4.2 and 4.3 3DS updates take a couple seconds to load.

Last edited by driverdis, Dec 8, 2016
    Maximo22 likes this.