Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The cursor works fine in Zelda because it's done differently than in the menu. The menu tracks your motion exactly, while Zelda just captures your average change in motion over a short time and moves to that position, eliminating any 'jumpiness'.

That's funny that you mention that, I came to the same conclusion about the zelda cursor and figured that the wii menu cursor is jumpy because it's cursor software doesn't average out my motions. A few minutes later, I go to pause my zelda game by hitting the home button, which doesn't bring you diretly to the home menu, but dims the game screen you're at and gives you a wii control panel with that wii menu "hand," the same one that is usually jumpy. Only it wasn't jumpy! Also, on the same note, I later did some more testing at that blinking white dot thing. That thing doesn't appear to average out your motions like zelda, it's just 1 to 1 movement. But it's not jumpy.[snip]

All the evidence points to the cursor software particular to the wii menu.

[snip]

I bet that's why people have said they notice a delay in the response between moving the Wiimote and when the cursor on screen moves. The software takes that extra fraction of a second to do the math to average out the movements. It's like the checkbox in your mouse software in Windows that says "enhance pointer precision" or whatever. That option exists in a lot of PC FPS games. It seems like this should be enabled by default for the Wii menu.

On the other hand, it seems like boosting the juice to the LEDs - which is probably what increasing the sensitivity is doing, like what Sevael said - helps with the precision of the wiimote, if what he did is replicate-able.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: you're in a pre-menstral phase