[Tutorial] Using Luma3DS + Gateway on B9S

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by Temptress Cerise, Jun 21, 2016.

1. 1alien1

1alien1 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2013
    Gambia, The
    everything works flawlesly. thank you very much for the incredible help :). Now for the last question, is it also possible to convert from cia save to gw sav. file?

2. Kazuma77

Kazuma77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Sure, you just sort-of do the process in reverse. Dump the save. Restore to cart with the ROM loaded in GW. Rename the file manager's new .sav file to the title ID of the ROM.

1alien1 likes this.
  3. 1alien1

1alien1 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2013
    Gambia, The
    and card 2 games it recognizes and writes inside the rom instead of making a save file?

4. Kazuma77

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Yes. It recognized it going the other way, after all.

1alien1 likes this.
  5. 1alien1

1alien1 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2013
    Gambia, The
    thank you :yaynds:

6. Kazuma77

May 11, 2008
    United States
    No problem. If you think of anything else, feel free to ask. Though if it's about the AIO it might be best asking on that other site since I don't have a thread here for it yet. Oh and, nice avatar. Samurai Champloo is one of my favorites.

1alien1 likes this.
  7. 1alien1

1alien1 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Yeah the anime is one of the best :D. One question i thought of still, is it possible to buy a bigger sd card later and somehow mirror the complete partitions of the sd card (sysnand and emunand) to a bigger one without hassle? so nothing gets lost and i can just plug in the new sd card and everything works as before?

8. k7ra

k7ra GBAtemp Regular

Dec 11, 2016
    Yes, simple backup and restore with B9S (or god name thing app - already forgot name of it)
    Then move all sd stuff to new sd

9. Kazuma77

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Well, SysNAND is on the actual system, so, all you really need to backup when upgrading cards is the EmuNAND and the card's contents. Of course, you would have to format EmuNAND on a new card first, so you'll have the partition to restore it to. Godmode9 doesn't currently have restore scripts (I've been working on getting some approved by d0k3, and I'm planning to include them in R6), but an easy way to restore an EmuNAND for the moment is to mount the backup and copy "nand_minsize.bin" from the I: drive to the E: drive.

1alien1 likes this.
  10. k7ra

k7ra GBAtemp Regular

Dec 11, 2016
    Wait, what? But I restore it before...
    Maybe it was not Godmode9 but hourglass

11. 1alien1

1alien1 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2013
    Gambia, The
    oh ok. so then i really dont care that much. i dont have anything special on emunand since they are linked so i can just put in a new sd, start gateway mode with pressing b while booting, format a new emunand and everything is as it was before, after i synced the tickets again?

also with the syncing of tickets, its syncing and not overwriting right? so no harm if i click sync from emunand to sysnand even though i only installed stuff in sysnand and not emunand?

12. Kazuma77

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Yeah, it was probably Hourglass9 or Decrypt9. Those have easy restore features where you just select the file. But I think we're close to getting the restore scripts finalized. Just a few extra safety precautions have to be added to prevent unnecessary brick risks.

Keep in mind that GW will use your SysNAND to format EmuNAND -- it will be on 11.5. You can always downgrade it of course, if that's easier for you than restoring a backup. It might even be faster.

Synchronize technically just means making both copies identical. It's just copying one ticket file over the other (maybe one day we'll have advanced database editing, but, probably not anytime soon). If you copy your EmuNAND tickets to SysNAND after installing to SysNAND, you just lost the tickets for everything you installed. So make sure you pick the right one.

Last edited by Kazuma77, Sep 21, 2017
    1alien1 likes this.
  13. Arnold101

Arnold101 GBAtemp Regular

May 19, 2006
    United States
    how i update to 11.2? is possible?

14. k7ra

k7ra GBAtemp Regular

Dec 11, 2016
    With nus grabber

1alien1 likes this.
  15. Arnold101

Arnold101 GBAtemp Regular

May 19, 2006
    United States
    where i can download it? i can ony find source code

16. k7ra

k7ra GBAtemp Regular

Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited by k7ra, Sep 21, 2017
    1alien1 likes this.
  17. 1alien1

1alien1 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2013
    Gambia, The
    does it work to go into the systemupdater app in sysnand and then downgrade the emunand or how would one downgrade emunand while not being able to go into emunand to run the software? i cant remember if the sysupdater gave me the option which nand to update/downgrade..

18. Kazuma77

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Luma can boot your EmuNAND. Just hold L. Then you can downgrade it.

1alien1 likes this.
  19. 1alien1

1alien1 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2013
    Gambia, The
    oh how is that? so while booting holding l will bring me into my gw emunand via luma? i realise there is more complicated stuff happening in the background than i thought :D

20. Kazuma77

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Luma has the option to boot up to 4 EmuNANDs. It has for a while. It uses L to boot whichever option you don't pick for the default (L + a d-pad direction will pick a specific one, if it exists, if not, it will run the first one). That's why I didn't place any hotkeys on that (nor select, so that you can configure Luma). Cakes supports 4 too that matter. Skeith appears to support up to 10. Not that I've tested it. The only way to create 10 would be manually via "dd" in Linux (or a similar low level copying tool for Windows, or a hex editor that can write to raw partitions). Besides, just imagine how much time it would take. ReiNAND currently boots EmuNAND by default (hold start for SysNAND). Though when version 6 hits, you'll hold R for EmuNAND or provide a zero byte file to make it the default. For now it only sees the first one. Still, another option you could use.

Last edited by Kazuma77, Sep 21, 2017