Tutorial  Updated

Using Luma3DS + Gateway on B9S

SYSNAND-ONLY USERS: DO NOT BOOT GW MODE ON 11.3+ - YOU WILL LOSE B9S AND BE LEFT ON A STOCK FIRMWARE
I highly advise against the use of GW on SysNAND-Only Setups.
GW currently DOES NOT support firmwares 11.3//11.4 - B9S does not change that!
If you're on 11.3+ - Don't even try to use GW. Use Luma3DS or any other CFW that has confirmed support for 11.3+ firmwares.

Setting up GW with Luma3DS' chainloader

Requirements: SysNAND or EmuNAND on 11.2 or lower!
Tested and working on B9S 1.2 (Luma3DS 8.0)
  1. Download the v2gw.zip attached to this post.
  2. Extract the "arm9loaderhax.bin" from v2gw.zip to your /luma/payloads/ folder.
  3. Rename that very "arm9loaderhax.bin" you just extracted to "v2gw.bin" or to whatever you want. However, step 12 will assume v2gw.bin was used, you can edit that reference to meet whatever you decided to name it.
  4. Download GW's ‘arm9loaderhax.bin.zip‘ file.
    • On their main home page. Under the post titled: "GATEWAY 4.0B PRIVATE BETA #2"
    • Or on their openly public Private Beta Program page, on this page it'll be under the "» arm9loaderhax for users with existing a9lh installs" section.
  5. Extract GW's "arm9loaderhax.bin" file from their zip file to your /luma/payloads/ folder.
  6. Rename that very "arm9loaderhax.bin" you just extracted to "gateway.bin"
  7. Make sure you have the latest GW's Launcher.dat on the root of your SD Card.
  8. This dev-build of BootCTR9: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-the-bootctr9-release-thread.435347/page-3#post-7370533
  9. Extract the "boot.firm" file from the BootCTR9-firmv2.zip to your /luma/payloads/ folder.
  10. Rename that very "boot.firm" you just extracted to "down_BootCTR9.firm" or to whatever you want that is allowed by Luma3DS' payload chainloader.
    - Other button options: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes#payload-chainloading
  11. Extract the "boot_config.ini" file from from the BootCTR9-firmv2.zip to the root of your SD Card.
  12. Open the "boot_config.ini" file and overwrite everything with the following:
    Code:
    [BOOTCTR9]
    key_delay = 1000

[DEFAULT]
    path = /luma/payloads/v2gw.bin
  13. You are now done. If you followed this tutorial, holding DPAD-DOWN at boot time, will load up Gateway Mode.
    - SysNAND-Only Users on 11.2 will be prompted to press 'L+R+SELECT' to boot SYSNAND. DO NOT PRESS THE BUTTON PROMPT ON 11.3+
    - GW EmuNAND users will automatically boot into their GW EmuNAND.

FAQ

Q: How do I boot into the GW Menu?
A: Hold L+Select, as soon as you see the Dragon Logo.

Q: Can I use my GW Blue Card?
A: Yes, but only while using Luma3DS. It will not work in GW Mode.

Q: Can I play online while in GW Mode?
A: Yes, sort-of. But you have to either:

Q: I'm getting a black screen!? HELP!?
A: Multiple reasons for that below:
  • Modified SecureInfo_A - GW does not patch this. You'll need an untouched donor file of this.
  • Using a RedNAND - GW only supports GW EmuNAND, it cannot boot RedNAND. Use the GW Menu or GodMode9 to make one.
  • On SysNAND-Only Setups - Not having properly removed EmuNAND//RedNAND. Use GodMode to properly format your SD Card. But I advise you set one up.
  • Trying to boot an 11.3//11.4 EmuNAND - GW does not support anything higher than 11.2
  • If it's not listed, then who knows. Do you have a modified Home Menu or font? Those might not work at all in GW Mode.

Credits

Many thanks to the above lovely people~ <3 ♥
Original posts:
Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/using-gateway-on-a9lh-v2.431222/page-4#post-6464898
Link: http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/page-4#post-6472283
Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-booting-gw-with-b9s-and-some-help.471417/

I highly advise against the use of GW for SysNAND-Only setups.

11.3&11.4 Break GW. GW currently DOES NOT support 11.3 or 11.4. You will either brick or lose A9LH. More than likely it seems you will just lose A9LH.

Again, if you attempt to boot GW Mode, on a SYSNAND-Only Setup while on 11.3 or 11.4, you will lose A9LH. It does not matter if you safely updated to this firmware via another CFW that safely protects FIRM.

If you want to use 11.3+, you will not be able to use GW. Don't even try. Only use Luma3DS or other CFW that support 11.3+

If you are a Gateway3DS user, and have recently finished Plailect's A9LH Guide, then you should be on v2 A9LH. Unfortunately, at the time this thread was made, GW's a9lh.bin file is incompatible with Luma3DS' payload chainloading feature while on v2 A9LH.

So one way around this was to either forego using Luma3DS' payload chainloading, and use a boot manager that does work in initializing GW's a9lh.bin correctly. Like BootCTR9. Either you let BootCTR9 handle all payloads, or you set it up to chainload into Luma3DS and from there let Luma3DS do all the work.

Either way, some people might not like BootCTR9 (Big fan of BootCTR9, seriously thing is amazing~!)

So if you don't want to use the BootCTR9 method, then @Hayleia made a very stripped down boot manager that only loads /luma/payloads/gateway.bin. You still need GW's a9lh.bin in addition to this stripped down bootmanager, but that's all you need, these two files! No need for messy configs if you just want to stick with Luma3DS' payload chainloader.

Now on to the damn tutorials already~!

Gateway Logo

1. Download the v2gw.zip attached to this post.
2. Extract the "arm9loaderhax.bin" from v2gw.zip to your /luma/payloads/ folder.
3. Rename that very "arm9loaderhax.bin" you just extracted to "down_v2gw.bin" or to whatever you want that is allowed by Luma3DS' payload chainloader.
Other button options: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes#payload-chainloading
You have to get this directly from Gateway's site. Which is either:
A) On their main home page.
B) Or on their openly public Private Beta Program page, on this page it'll be under the "» arm9loaderhax for users with existing a9lh installs" section.
5. Extract GW's "arm9loaderhax.bin" file from their zip file to your /luma/payloads/ folder.
8. You are now done. If you followed this tutorial, holding DPAD-DOWN at boot time, will load up Gateway Mode.
However, if you are a SysNAND Only User, and on 11.1 and using the 4.2 Launcher.dat, you will be prompted to press 'L+R+SELECT' to boot SYSNAND.
GW EmuNAND users will automatically boot into their GW EmuNAND.

Notes: To Boot into the GW Menu: Hold L+Select, as soon as you see the Dragon Logo.
To Force a Manual Gateway3DS RedCard Update: Hold R+Select as soon as you see the Dragon Logo.

No Gateway Logo (Not Recommend - Only for those allergic to the dragon logo - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK)

Notes: This version will de-init the screen by default, and as such you won't see the Gateway Logo. Don't worry it'll init once you land on the Home. Due to how this works, only GW EmuNAND users should consider using this. This is because SysNAND users will land on the SysNAND prompt nag.

1. Download the v2gw-de-init.zip attached to this post.
2. Extract the "v2gw.bin" from v2gw-de-init.zip to your /luma/payloads/ folder.
3. Rename that very "v2gw2.bin" you just extracted to "down_v2gw.bin" or to whatever you want that is allowed by Luma3DS' payload chainloader.
Other button options: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes#payload-chainloading
You have to get this directly from Gateway's site. Which is either:
A) On their main home page.
B) Or on their openly public Private Beta Program page, on this page it'll be under the "» arm9loaderhax for users with existing a9lh installs" section.
8. You are now done. If you followed this tutorial, holding DPAD-DOWN at boot time, will load up Gateway Mode without the Gateway Logo.

Tested on N3DS and O3DS by me, 2DS by @Hayleia.
Should work on either screen-init or non-screen-init v2 A9LH.

Important Note: Never update your SysNAND in Gateway Mode. It does not matter what Launcher.dat version you use, if you go ahead and update while in SysNAND Mode, you will either brick or lose A9LH+CFW and be on the latest stock firmware. This is because GW Mode does not offer FIRM protection in A9LH. Updating your GW EmuNAND is fine and safe, and is what Gateway actually recommends you do and use even when using A9LH.

!~Getting Black Screen After Dragon Logo and After Following This Guide~! (PLEASE READ)
Sounds like someone hasn't properly removed their EmuNAND//RedNAND with EmuNAND9. The Black Screen problem is common to people who skipped doing it properly and used a third-party tool like EaseUS or any other partition manager.

Since EmuNAND//RedNAND wasn't removed properly, traces were leftover and GW by default sees it, and tries to boot into this non-existent EmuNAND//RedNAND and fails. So how do we fix it? We use EmuNAND9 to preperly remove traces of it.

Part 5, Section V of the old A9LH guide covers this. However, I will list all relevant steps here.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide_R...ax)#section-v---removing-rednand-from-your-sd

The new guide also sort of mentions if in this new page, and does show you how to setup EmuNAND9:
Link: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/move-emunand

Files we'll need:
Latest release of EmuNAND9: https://github.com/d0k3/EmuNAND9/releases/latest

1. Copy EmuNAND9.bin from the EmuNAND9.zip to the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card and rename EmuNAND9.bin to y_EmuNAND9.bin
2. Backup every file on your SD card to a folder on your computer, all files will be deleted in the following steps
3. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS
4. Hold (Y) at boot time to open EmuNAND9
5. Go to "SD Format Options...", then select the "Format SD (no EmuNAND)" option, and wait for it to finish
6. Press (B) to return to the menu, then press Select to safely eject your SD Card
7. Put your SD card back into your computer, and copy all the files you backed up previously, back into your SD Card
8. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS, then press (Start) to reboot

Additional Note: You will still have to look into BootCTR9 if for some reason you want GW to be the default, as opposed to Luma3DS. This tutorial is meant more for the people who want Luma3DS as their main//default, and want to use Luma3DS' payload chainloader to boot into GW Mode.
Go to the following link for the tutorial on setting up GW as your main with BootCTR9.
Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/using-gateway-on-a9lh-v2.431222/

All credits to @Hayleia for making both of these~! Thank you~ <3 ♥
Original posts:
Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/using-gateway-on-a9lh-v2.431222/page-4#post-6464898
Link: http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/page-4#post-6472283

Attachments

• v2gw.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 12,152
  • v2gw-de-init.zip
    9.1 KB · Views: 3,294
Last edited by Temptress Cerise,

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
You know? Just so I can stop being nerotic about all this. Can someone please try and see if the cheat menu pops up on select with Castlevania?

I made the plug-in but won't do anything. No pop up

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I wish we all lived close by to help each other personally
plugin? or cheat?
plugin is ntr thing
cheat would appear, plugin you can test yourself in working ntr (you don't need GW for this)

Last edited by k7ra,

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Sometime people don't know what they want...
Oh No, More Hamsters.jpg

ultimatepump

Trophies
XP
Country
Id like the best of both worlds but scared to do the Gateway thing. I'm wondering if I have bee doing the Gateshark2NTR thing correctly

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Id like the best of both worlds but scared to do the Gateway thing. I'm wondering if I have bee doing the Gateshark2NTR thing correctly
shocked-cat-211211.jpg
Well, with converting I can't help you.
I have GW, so I'm not done it before.
And I already help you, and hope many others too :)

Last edited by k7ra,

PeadyJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Right, you follow the guide, but you probably DO want to copy EmuNAND to SysNAND as it suggests, and update SysNAND, but don't delete EmuNAND. That way your NANDs are linked. Gateway looks for EmuNAND by default, so as long as you have one and don't go into the menu and enter the combination to boot to SysNAND, and confirm the choice (and it does ask you to confirm), you'll be fine. If it doesn't find an EmuNAND it will ask you to press a combo to boot SysNAND, so, just don't do it if you see that. The guide only sets up Luma and Godmode9 though, not Gateway or anything else. So, you can either follow this tutorial, or I have some pre-made configurations here you can check out that have Gateway already setup for you. I've also included some Godmode9 scripts for syncing tickets between SysNAND and EmuNAND. So, all you have to do if you install new games in Luma on SysNAND is reboot into GM9, run the "Synchronize Tickets (Sys to Emu)" script from the scripts menu, then reboot into GW mode and your new games are there. This is why I suggest linking. Though it's your choice.

And if you did want to keep your 9.2 (I'd back it up just in case either way), you could setup a second EmuNAND using 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator. This will wipe the card though, so you would need to back it up. I like having something I can auto-boot into Menuhax and have launch straight into the homebrew menu. Keep in mind, Luma probably won't boot it. It always crashes with mine. That's why I include a copy of Puma. You can set that to automatically boot EmuNAND 2 and have a quick HB menu on hotkey. Or you could just setup a 9.2 EmuNAND on a second card. Either is optional. You can always just use Soundhax or Ninjhax (from an installed CIA of Cubic Ninja) from the 11.2 EmuNAND if you want to run the homebrew that Rosalina crashes with. I'm just used to keeping 9.2 around so I don't have to wait for a new *hax exploit every update. Though if Rosalina runs all the homebrew titles you're interested in, that's a non-issue. It crashes on some of the ones I run though.

I should also mention that there's a guide to partially update your EmuNAND to 11.4 while keeping it GW-compatible here if you're interested. Though it's easier to use the latest 3DNUS release, grab the full 11.4 set, copy it to the "updates" folder on your SD card, then delete the 3 titles it tells you not to update, than to download all those titles manually. If it's an O3DS, you also want to remove "000400300000CC02.cia" and "0004013000008002.cia" from the "updates" folder. The only catch is, neither Ninjhax nor Soundhax will work on 11.4 on an O3DS (though Ninjhax is working with 11.4 and 11.5 on the N3DS). So, if you want to still be able to run ctrQuake, Spectre3DS, ctrHexenII, eDuke3D, ctrWolfen, and/or 3DScraft (which all either crash, exit, or have corrupted graphics in Rosalina) on an O3DS, setting up the aforementioned second EmuNAND on 9.2 might not be optional. I have plenty of space on my card, so I don't mind doing that. But it depends on if any of the above even interest you I guess. And Rosalina will probably get them working eventually.
Hi Kazuma77, i never got around to doing the upgrade as i've been busy but am ready to attempt it this weekend. I have grabbed your ABP1 pack from that iso site.
I'm going to not link my nands as i don't need to play the same games on both, i'm happy to always use gateway except for the new games.
I will follow this guide https://3ds.guide/ all the way without linking the NANDS. After that, where would your awesome pack come in? where would i place it on my SD card and how would i install/run it?
Thanks for all your help! You are truly amazing!

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Kazuma77, i never got around to doing the upgrade as i've been busy but am ready to attempt it this weekend. I have grabbed your ABP1 pack from that iso site.
I'm going to not link my nands as i don't need to play the same games on both, i'm happy to always use gateway except for the new games.
I will follow this guide https://3ds.guide/ all the way without linking the NANDS. After that, where would your awesome pack come in? where would i place it on my SD card and how would i install/run it?
Thanks for all your help! You are truly amazing!

That thing's so outdated now that it's not funny. Pick up my new release instead -- InScripted. It does much more than the old pack. With either, the idea was to just drag and drop the contents. But with the new pack, there's no more need for individual chainloader folders. That is switchable via scripts now, as is the default payload on dedicated chainloaders. The new one only has one folder per hardware version in the "B9S Configurations" folder. Just pick the folder that matches your hardware, and copy the entire contents over. It also includes an installer now, simply named "One & Done" that works with all entry methods except the DSiWare one (I consider it a bad deal -- if you have to buy something, pick the DS flash cart and get brick insurance). Just copy it over after you copy the configuration over, and allow it to overwrite any files it asks to. If you're planning to use Soundhax, I've also included a folder that includes the audio file and tries to simplify getting "otherapp.bin" with a link to the web site and a batch file that renames the download for you just by dragging it over it. Everything else you need should be included with the installer. I've included plenty of "ReadMe" and other text files that should explain everything in detail.

Actually, I'm about ready to upload R3. I've upgraded B9S to 1.3 and the NTRBootHax swap card (Shove & Shuffle) has gone single script (per option -- you still need to pick an exploit and N3DS or O3DS, since the external NATIVE_FIRM files some CFWs need are hardware-specific) thanks to a new command in Godmode9 to switch cards. Actually the "One & Done" installer is down to 3 scripts now that I know B9S will work without a valid secret sector (the installer will still try to replace it if "secret_sector.bin" is present, though). But the current release works alright, especially the "One & Done" installer. You simply pick the script that installs the exploit you want (probably B9S, but I offer A9LH for those who still want it), it installs it, restores the "boot.firm" from the configuration, deletes itself, and reboots (at which point, you should be looking at the Luma configuration screen).

If you've already followed the guide by the time you read this, just copy the configuration over. Regardless of how you set it up, once it's on there, Luma should boot by default, Gateway should run when you hold B, Godmode9 should run when you hold left, and Decrypt9 should run when you hold up (complete layout included in the ReadMe file). The scripts not everyone will need are in the "Extra Options" folder now (some navigation required, don't copy until you see a "gm9" folder). If you want to change any settings, you can find them all in the scripts menu in Godmode9 (hit the home button, and pick "Scripts" from the menu). Want to make GW the default? Just select it in the "Default Payloads" section. Want to use a different chainloader, it's under the "Switch Chainloaders" option. I've also added an option that makes BootCTR9 act more like Arm9Select (I call it "Select Mode"), so you can change the hotkeys by renaming payloads in the "boot9select" folder. You'll find that under the "Switch Chainloaders" option as well. I tried to think of everything with this one, and make it fully configurable using GM9 for less trips to the PC. I spent most of my free time last month coming up with this new design, adding features, and testing scripts to make sure they work and won't brick consoles. So, I hope people will like it.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

PeadyJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That thing's so outdated now that it's not funny. Pick up my new release instead -- InScripted. It does much more than the old pack. With either, the idea was to just drag and drop the contents. But with the new pack, there's no more need for individual chainloader folders. That is switchable via scripts now, as is the default payload on dedicated chainloaders. The new one only has one folder per hardware version in the "B9S Configurations" folder. Just pick the folder that matches your hardware, and copy the entire contents over. It also includes an installer now, simply named "One & Done" that works with all entry methods except the DSiWare one (I consider it a bad deal -- if you have to buy something, pick the DS flash cart and get brick insurance). Just copy it over after you copy the configuration over, and allow it to overwrite any files it asks to. If you're planning to use Soundhax, I've also included a folder that includes the audio file and tries to simplify getting "otherapp.bin" with a link to the web site and a batch file that renames the download for you just by dragging it over it. Everything else you need should be included with the installer. I've included plenty of "ReadMe" and other text files that should explain everything in detail.

Actually, I'm about ready to upload R3. I've upgraded B9S to 1.3 and the NTRBootHax swap card (Shove & Shuffle) has gone single script (per option -- you still need to pick an exploit and N3DS or O3DS, since the external NATIVE_FIRM files some CFWs need are hardware-specific) thanks to a new command in Godmode9 to switch cards. Actually the "One & Done" installer is down to 3 scripts now that I know B9S will work without a valid secret sector (the installer will still try to replace it if "secret_sector.bin" is present, though). But the current release works alright, especially the "One & Done" installer. You simply pick the script that installs the exploit you want (probably B9S, but I offer A9LH for those who still want it), it installs it, restores the "boot.firm" from the configuration, deletes itself, and reboots (at which point, you should be looking at the Luma configuration screen).

If you've already followed the guide by the time you read this, just copy the configuration over. Regardless of how you set it up, once it's on there, Luma should boot by default, Gateway should run when you hold B, Godmode9 should run when you hold left, and Decrypt9 should run when you hold up (complete layout included in the ReadMe file). The scripts not everyone will need are in the "Extra Options" folder now (some navigation required, don't copy until you see a "gm9" folder). If you want to change any settings, you can find them all in the scripts menu in Godmode9 (hit the home button, and pick "Scripts" from the menu). Want to make GW the default? Just select it in the "Default Payloads" section. Want to use a different chainloader, it's under the "Switch Chainloaders" option. I've also added an option that makes BootCTR9 act more like Arm9Select (I call it "Select Mode"), so you can change the hotkeys by renaming payloads in the "boot9select" folder. You'll find that under the "Switch Chainloaders" option as well. I tried to think of everything with this one, and make it fully configurable using GM9 for less trips to the PC. I spent most of my free time last month coming up with this new design, adding features, and testing scripts to make sure they work and won't brick consoles. So, I hope people will like it.

I did exactly what you said and used your new R3 too!
It all works like a dream (well, i haven't played around yet) when i turn on my 3DS is boots into sysnand like you said, and B boots gateway! YAY!
sysNAND is 9.0.0 and Gateway is 11.2
is it now safe to update sysNAND to 11.5 so i can play everoasis? it says never run gateway if sysnand is above 11.3 so i'm still a bit scared to update sysnand?
YAY i have BS9! Thanks so much to you!

Oh and one more question if that's okay, what button(s) do i press to run the script to make gateway load as default and luma as B button?

Last edited by PeadyJ,

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It all works like a dream (well, i haven't played around yet) when i turn on my 3DS is boots into sysnand like you said, and B boots gateway! YAY!
is it now safe to update sysNAND to 11.5 so i can play everoasis? it says never run gateway if sysnand is above 11.3 so i'm still a bit scared to update sysnand?

Oh and one more question if that's okay, what button(s) do i press to run the script to make gateway load as default and luma as B button?

It's safe to update SysNAND to 11.5. It's just not safe to boot GW mode into a SysNAND on 11.3 or higher. But as long as there's an EmuNAND on the card, GW will always try to use it by default. If there was not, it would still ask for a combination to confirm, so you could not do it accidentally. But with an EmuNAND present, in order to boot into SysNAND mode, you actually have to hold L+Select while it's booting, hold B+A at the GW mode option, then hit X to confirm. It's practically impossible to do by mistake. Just let GW boot normally and you have nothing to worry about.

Now, about changing default payloads. Hold "left" to boot into Godmode9. Hit the "home" button and select the "Scripts" menu. To make GW the default, just select it under the "Default Payload" option. Luma won't load as B though, it will be on A. Though if you want to customize the hotkeys, that's what the "BootCTR9 (Select Mode)" in "Switch Chainloaders" is there for, just set the default with the scripts, and rename the rest in the "boot9select" folder (it's setup to use the default layout, with "a.firm" being a copy of Luma, so, you could just rename that to "ab.firm" then rename "b.firm" to "a.firm" and rename "ab.firm" to "b.firm" using GM9 and you'll have Luma as B).

Last edited by Kazuma77,
Reactions: PeadyJ

PeadyJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's safe to update SysNAND to 11.5. It's just not safe to boot GW mode into a SysNAND on 11.3 or higher. But as long as there's an EmuNAND on the card, GW will always try to use it by default. If there was not, it would still ask for a combination to confirm, so you could not do it accidentally. But with an EmuNAND present, in order to boot into SysNAND mode, you actually have to hold L+Select while it's booting, hold B+A at the GW mode option, then hit X to confirm. It's practically impossible to do by mistake. Just let GW boot normally and you have nothing to worry about.

Now, about changing default payloads. Hold "left" to boot into Godmode9. Hit the "home" button and select the "Scripts" menu. To make GW the default, just select it under the "Default Payload" option. Luma won't load as B though, it will be on A. Though if you want to customize the hotkeys, that's what the "BootCTR9 (Select Mode)" in "Switch Chainloaders" is there for, just set the default with the scripts, and rename the rest in the "boot9select" folder (it's setup to use the default layout, with "a.firm" being a copy of Luma, so, you could just rename that to "ab.firm" then rename "b.firm" to "a.firm" and rename "ab.firm" to "b.firm" using GM9 and you'll have Luma as B).
Thank you again, so much for your help! I just update sysnand via official system update? I'm happy with Luma as A, it doesn't bother me. You have been so helpful!

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you again, so much for your help! I just update sysnand via official system update? I'm happy with Luma as A, it doesn't bother me. You have been so helpful!

Yeah, just update via the official system update. Luma automatically protects your firm partitions so you won't lose your exploit.

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

I play on GW 11.2(or 11.3...) all works with update(I mean all last games and Ever Oasis too) and sysnand I have 9.2
PS if you update GW emunand it would no more boot

Last edited by k7ra,

zaqqaz00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
Want to thanks for awesome works by all those involved.
One question
This works great on NS 1.2 when I updated my console to BS 1.3 this method stopped working, the dragon logo showed up but would not boot into GW
I went back to 1.2 and it again worked
I guess I will stay on 1.2, as BS 1.3 did not show any real-time advantage for me

Thanks Once more

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
Want to thanks for awesome works by all those involved.
One question
This works great on NS 1.2 when I updated my console to BS 1.3 this method stopped working, the dragon logo showed up but would not boot into GW
I went back to 1.2 and it again worked
I guess I will stay on 1.2, as BS 1.3 did not show any real-time advantage for me

Thanks Once more

That's odd. It works just fine in 1.3 for me. InScripted's configurations aren't having any issues running GW with any of the 3 chainloaders. If you go to that iso site, check out the "CFW Discussion" section.

zaqqaz00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's odd. It works just fine in 1.3 for me. InScripted's configurations aren't having any issues running GW with any of the 3 chainloaders. If you go to that iso site, check out the "CFW Discussion" section.
K77
Thanks for the reply
I removed BS 1.2 via the Godmode script and reinstalled BS 1.3 and it works fine
Thanks for your reply which got me going
zaq

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the dragon showing up, but I always get a black screen. Running Luma + B9S, Sysnand on 11.2 and Emunand on 11.3 on a Japanese New 3DS. How do I create a GW emunand, I think that may be the issue.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the dragon showing up, but I always get a black screen. Running Luma + B9S, Sysnand on 11.2 and Emunand on 11.3 on a Japanese New 3DS. How do I create a GW emunand, I think that may be the issue.

You already said what your problem is in your question -- EmuNAND on 11.3. If you can find the "CFW Discussions" section on that iso site, grab InScripted. It includes a script to copy SysNAND to EmuNAND (actually, it's not that difficult to do manually, but I've got to plug my release given a chance). It also has scripts for synchronizing tickets (which you will need to do with linked NANDs, but it's worth it to have the same games on both, IMHO).

Or if you don't want to link NANDs, use the latest 3DNUS to grab 11.2 and use SysUpdater to downgrade. Still check out InScripted though. It lets you run GW as the default payload if you want to. In fact, you can fully configure the chainloader (or even switch chainloaders) via Godmode9's scripts menu. No more manually renaming payloads to assign them to hotkeys. Just run a script and pick the payloads you want from a list.

Last edited by Kazuma77,
Reactions: Sonicx64

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You already said what your problem is in your question -- EmuNAND on 11.3. If you can find the "CFW Discussions" section on that iso site, grab InScripted. It includes a script to copy SysNAND to EmuNAND. It also has scripts for synchronizing tickets (which you will need to do with linked NANDs, but it's worth it to have the same games on both, IMHO).

Or if you don't want to link NANDs, use the latest 3DNUS to grab 11.2 and use SysUpdater to downgrade. Still check out InScripted though. It lets you run GW as the default payload if you want to. In fact, you can fully configure the chainloader (or even switch chainloaders) via Godmode9's scripts menu. No more manually renaming payloads to assign them to hotkeys. Just run a script and pick the payloads you want from a list.

I got it working thanks to you, thanks a bunch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte