Lindy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wine app I installed for some reason did not come with Wine Staging but the link you provided works! I was able to open NTR Viewer, a window opened! Since my 3DS is low on battery I'll try to follow rest of steps later. Your English is really good, I appreciate your help!

Thank you so much :)

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Wine app I installed for some reason did not come with Wine Staging but the link you provided works! I was able to open NTR Viewer, a window opened! Since my 3DS is low on battery I'll try to follow rest of steps later. Your English is really good, I appreciate your help!

Thank you so much :)
The NTR Debugger might work with Wine Staging. Try launching it with Wine Staging to see if it works and if so, it's possible to skip installing Mono entirely.

Reactions: Lindy
A

a9lh-1user

Dont work on my OS X installation (tried it after you wrote it the first time!).

Lindy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dont forget you need a NEW 3DS for it and the latest files for NTR from the first post. https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
Read the informations on how to setup your WiFi connection in the first post. https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/wiki/Video-Streaming

Then you should have fun with streaming :)

I have N3DS, I tried these steps on PC and it worked for me but I wanted to use NTR streaming on Mac since that is what I originally own and will be using, thank you. I haven't tried the remainder steps yet since my 3DS is not charged yet but it should work.

The NTR Debugger might work with Wine Staging. Try launching it with Wine Staging to see if it works and if so, it's possible to skip installing Mono entirely.

I'll give it a go and see if maybe I can get it to work.

Last edited by Lindy,

Lindy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After I opened NTRDebugger terminal and NTRViewer terminal, I enabled debugger. Then I just followed the instruction of typing connect('x.x.x.x,8000') and remoteplay(). There was change in my 3DS and it shows that it is working. However NTRViewer screen is just plain black screen just like before. I see it says Quality: 100%, fps:40.80 but nothing is displaying on it, not sure why.

Last edited by Lindy,
A

a9lh-1user

I'am on A9LH v. 2 and Luma3DS 11 sysnand:

uBrazm5.png

working as you can see :)

So here we go!
1. Start the client (on OS X)
2. start the debugger (on OS X)
3. start NTR (on NEW 3DS)
4. press x+y and highlight the "enable debugger" (there is a star in front of it!)
5. press a
Now you have enabled the debugger mode from NTR on your 3DS!
6. in the debugger (in OS X) write on the bottom line: connect('192.x.x.x',8000) (your ip from your 3DS stands in here!) and press return
7. in the debugger (in OS X) write on the bottom line: remoteplay() and press return.
Now you should see the 3DS screen in the NTR client.

MAKE SURE YOUR FIREWALL IS NOT BLOCKING ANYTHING!

Hope it will work now ;)

P.S. that is your connect line: connect('192.x.x.x,8000') and that's the correct one: ('192.x.x.x',8000) Do you see the missing one! (hint after your ip!)

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Lindy

whatthefuss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Problem at step 7 when I try to open NTR with mono :

Could not find file "Users/Medhi/ntrconfig.xml"

I followed the tutorial step by step, even reboot the mac...

I looked for ntrconfig.xml file but I didn't find it in the NTR folder.

My MAC : OS X EL CAPITAN 10.11.5

I downloaded this pack : NTR_3.4PREVIEW2_STARTER_KIT.zip

whatthefuss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I check the preview 1 version to add the file missed to my directory.
NTR Viewer is now open on my mac (black screen without any instructions).

But when I launch NTR on new3DS I have this message :

current firmware not supported.
please send feedback to [email protected]
bnBootNTR Failed

I have a new 3DS in Emu 11.0.0-33E

Someone can help me? Maybe I have to test with the NTR cia from preview 1 ???

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
So I check the preview 1 version to add the file missed to my directory.
NTR Viewer is now open on my mac (black screen without any instructions).

But when I launch NTR on new3DS I have this message :

current firmware not supported.
please send feedback to [email protected]
bnBootNTR Failed

I have a new 3DS in Emu 11.0.0-33E

Someone can help me? Maybe I have to test with the NTR cia from preview 1 ???
Use the BootNTR from this thread instead:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-bootntr-selector.432911/

Reactions: Ailuros27

3dsinfamous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
) Extract the "NTRDebugger" and "NTRViewer" folders from the NTR Starter Kit file anywhere on your computer.
How can I do this? I bought a N3dsxl online with fbi,luma,chmm and I can't figure out how to extract the NTRDebbugger from the NTRViewer. I know how to get the .zip to be extracted but I don't know which files are which. Could someone please tell me which ones are which or send a link of the files separate? I'm sorry I just don't understand how to do this and its very frustrating. Ty :3

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Long story short, I finally got NTR (3.4) streaming working on my MBP (15", Mid-2015, if anyone is curious), but it only works when the firewall is off, and you can't whitelist Windows executables, so I'm not currently sure how to keep my firewall on AND stream with NTR. I'm going to look into it more so I'll update if I figure something out.

Linkboy007

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Here's a quick tutorial that will show you how to use NTRViewer and NTRDebugger to stream your 3DS' screens on your Mac!

What you'll need:
- A Mac that runs Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.8) or later
- Mono
- XQuartz
- Wine (download "Installer for "Wine Staging"")
- All the things you need to use NTR CFW (your N3DS and the latest NTR CFW starter kit)

1) If that's not already done, install NTR CFW on your 3DS (install "BootNTR.cia" with any CIA installer, and copy "ntr.bin" to the root of your SD card).

2) Extract the "NTRDebugger" and "NTRViewer" folders from the NTR Starter Kit file anywhere on your computer.

3) Download and install Mono. (open the .pkg file)

4) Download and install Wine. (open the .pkg file)

5) Download and install XQuartz (open the .pkg file), then reboot your computer.

6) Open the Terminal app ( /Applications/Utilities/Terminal )

7) Type "mono", followed by a space, then drag and drop "ntrclient.exe" from the "NTRDebugger" folder on the Terminal window. Press the Return key. The NTR Debugger should open; it may take some time (around 5~10 minutes) the first time you launch it.

8) Go in your "Applications" folder, and open "Wine Staging". A new Terminal window should pop up.

9) Type "wine", followed by a space, then drag and drop "NTRViewer.exe" from the "NTRViewer" folder on the Wine Terminal window. Press the Return key. There may be a bunch of errors, don't pay attention to them.

10) You can then follow the instructions here normally!

If the Firewall is enabled, you will get a nag like "Do you want wineserver to accept incoming connections?": click on "accept".

Credits:

@The Real Jdbye , who gave me the idea to run NTRDebugger with Mono :P
I'm trying this now on Hackintosh 10.9. But on Hackintosh you must first install xquartz and than wine

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I found a slightly more streamlined way of running NTR Viewer on macOS. With Wine Staging and Mono installed, download the NTR 3.4 starter pack, Nitro Stream GTK, and my NTR Automator pack.

Unzip all the packs, and move the Nitro Stream GTK files into the NTR Viewer folder, then move the entire NTR Viewer folder to /Applications/ like so:

2016-12-01-20_51_14-gif.70871

Now you can just click on the Automator icons to launch Nitro Stream and NTR Viewer without having to type in the shell commands. Note that you must open Nitro Stream before opening NTR Viewer as this is due to a limitation in my macro that I'm still trying to fix.

Also, due to some compatibility issues from Mono, the first time you click Connect in Nitro Stream doesn't properly mirror your N3DS to NTR Viewer. You'll need to click Connect a second time in order for the screen to refresh (and normally Nitro Stream crashes at this point, but the stream should already have started so this isn't a major problem).

Last edited by NekoMichi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.