Hacking [Tutorial] Setting up Reinand CFW from scratch

usernametaken

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I factory reset the console and used a different mSD, still the same issue...

Are you using everything from the download & not an older / newer version of pasta by chance?
You could try copying the entire contents of your internal mSD to your computer > Copy everything from the download to your mSD, then try again.

Edit: You're using Ninjhax 1.1 like the tut says to use right? Cfw does not work with Ninjhax 2.0

Dreamisdead

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Your guide is awesome and very detailed! Thank you.
I hope pastacfw gets updated and could backup n3ds nand properly in future!
Then there will be no need to use gateway stuff.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using everything from the download & not an older / newer version of pasta by chance?
You could try copying the entire contents of your internal mSD to your computer > Copy everything from the download to your mSD, then try again.

Edit: You're using Ninjhax 1.1 like the tut says to use right? Cfw does not work with Ninjhax 2.0
Yeah, I'm only using the files provided in the download.

usernametaken

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm only using the files provided in the download.

Are you certain you're using Ninjhax 1.1? Seems like that'd explain not being able to boot the cfw pretty well. :P

I'd suggest redownloading the homebrew menus file & rescanning the Ninjhax 1.1 qr code just incase. Currently Ninjhax is down though :|

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you certain you're using Ninjhax 1.1? Seems like that'd explain not being able to boot the cfw pretty well. :P

I'd suggest redownloading the homebrew menus file & rescanning the Ninjhax 1.1 qr code just incase. Currently Ninjhax is down though :|
Fixed the issue, looks like something must have not copied over correctly. It boots from "Give me some Pasta" now, but it looks like I'm probably going to be returning this N3DS. The screen has started to flicker, and that's certainly not a result of me tinkering with it =/

usernametaken

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fixed the issue, looks like something must have not copied over correctly. It boots from "Give me some Pasta" now, but it looks like I'm probably going to be returning this N3DS. The screen has started to flicker, and that's certainly not a result of me tinkering with it =/

There ya go. :P

Try closing the lid and opening it back up. There is an issue with emunand (You may be experiencing it in Sysnand with Pasta?) where the 3D settings act up a bit. To fix this all you need to do is close the lid and open it back up.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There ya go. :P

Try closing the lid and opening it back up. There is an issue with emunand (You may be experiencing it in Sysnand with Pasta?) where the 3D settings act up a bit. To fix this all you need to do is close the lid and open it back up.
I've shut the unit off and am giving it a bit of time before I come back to it. Figured I'd watch an episode of Stargate SG1 and try again :P

usernametaken

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've run into another issue. When I try to install DevMenu I get the following error:

Install failed!
DevMenu.cia
Source: SOURCE_APP_IO_ERROR (0x4)
Error: (0x44ab)

Not sure what that error means, if you used: Sysnand > CN > Ninjhax > Pasta > CN > Ninjhax > FBI and got that error, then i'd suggest copy pasting everything from the download (in folder Root of mSD - Region) to your N3DS' internal mSD.

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
a brother is having issues with out of region games on reinand that won't show up (worked on gw)
is there any way to fix this? like ntr?

usernametaken

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a brother is having issues with out of region games on reinand that won't show up (worked on gw)
is there any way to fix this? like ntr?

Yup, use NTR 3.0.cia (You'll also be able to use its plugins such as screenshots).
Or Freemultipatcher

Reinand does not have native region free, since it's so easy to gain it by using Freemulti / NTR, i'm pretty sure Reisyukaku decided to leave it out (For using that code space for other things).

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copied everything over again and redid the exploit (Sysnand > CN > Ninjhax > Pasta > CN > Ninjhax > FBI). Now I'm getting a different error when attempting to install DevMenu, "DESCRIPTION_INVALID_DATABASE".

usernametaken

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copied everything over again and redid the exploit (Sysnand > CN > Ninjhax > Pasta > CN > Ninjhax > FBI). Now I'm getting a different error when attempting to install DevMenu, "DESCRIPTION_INVALID_DATABASE".

Make sure you go through the tut slowly, take your time and follow everything and you shouldn't have problems. :)

FBIs Thread said:
Q: I'm getting a "Database does not exist" / "Invalid database" error!
A: You likely haven't installed anything from eShop or other locations before. You will need to go to the "Nintendo 3DS/<id0>/<id1>/dbs/" directory on your SD card and create empty "title.db" and "import.db" files. Then, go to System Settings -> Data Management -> Nintendo 3DS -> Software on your 3DS and let it repair the database files.

If you do have any problems, it helps to do a quick search. You'll likely find your question already answered.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you go through the tut slowly, take your time and follow everything and you shouldn't have problems. :)

If you do have any problems, it helps to do a quick search. You'll likely find your question already answered.
I posted because I do have that folder made and those two .DB files in there, as they should be.

usernametaken

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted because I do have that folder made and those two .DB files in there, as they should be.

If you go into System Settings > Data Management > Nintendo 3DS > Software on you Sysnand, like it says in the above quote from FBIs release thread / the tut, it should repair your .db files & allow you to proceed. :)

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you go into System Settings > Data Management > Nintendo 3DS > Software on you Sysnand, like it says in the above quote from FBIs release thread / the tut, it should repair your .db files & allow you to proceed. :)
Ah, my bad, for some reason I kept misreading that bit of the instructions. I'll give it a try. Should I shut down and restart the console first?

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have it booting into emuNAND. Now, I want to unlink the sysNAND and emuNAND, and I see the basic process for that in the instructions. But how would I boot into emuNAND after formatting the system? Do I redo some of the exploit steps, does the DS Profile exploit not get wiped out in the formatting process?

usernametaken

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have it booting into emuNAND. Now, I want to unlink the sysNAND and emuNAND, and I see the basic process for that in the instructions. But how would I boot into emuNAND after formatting the system? Do I redo some of the exploit steps, does the DS Profile exploit not get wiped out in the formatting process?

Use FBI to reinstall Reinands ROP and you'll be able to launch Emunand via profile exploit again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE