Hacking [Tutorial] Self Hosting via Python 3

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I legit have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I have the files on my sd card, opened the command prompt, went to my wiiu's broswer and put in http://192.168.X.XXX:8000 (with mine filled in of course) Help @Psi-hate It also does load on the computer, like every other thing ive tried
There shouldn't be a problem when sharing your local IP. It's not something someone could abuse. Just saying.

Did you open your firewall port 8000? In the computer.

If you're using Windows 7 or higher, try this: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/open-port-windows-firewall#1TC=windows-7

Last edited by Olmectron,
Reactions: Net-KILLER

snuffychris605

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There shouldn't be a problem when sharing your local IP. It's not something someone could abuse. Just saying.

Did you open your firewall port 8000? In the computer.
Should I close it all, disable my firewall(s), then retry? This same thing happened when I used xampp AND mongoose

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Should I close it all, disable my firewall(s), then retry? This same thing happened when I used xampp AND mongoose
XAMPP should ask for you to allow it through the firewall when opening it first time. Do you remember allowing it?

PS: I don't recommend opening your whole firewall, even if it's only visible through the local network. Next time you connect to a public network and forget to re-activate the firewall, your PC could have some funny things.

Last edited by Olmectron,
Reactions: Net-KILLER

snuffychris605

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XAMPP should ask for you to allow it through the firewall when opening it first time. Do you remember allowing it?
It never asked. While Im doing it this way, it wont let me access it on any other device but the hosting pc. Does it being a laptop an not being wired affect anything?

snuffychris605

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

PS: I don't recommend opening your whole firewall, even if it's only visible through the local network. Next time you connect to a public network and forget to re-activate the firewall, your PC could have some funny things.
So I disabled all my spyware and it opened on my phone, does that mean it will work on the wiiu?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Reactions: Psi-hate

razinx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have extracted some smaller games using UWizard, and I get 2 directories - Data and System. Do I move code, content and meta from Data to the root of the folder instead? Is System needed for anything after?

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have extracted some smaller games using UWizard, and I get 2 directories - Data and System. Do I move code, content and meta from Data to the root of the folder instead? Is System needed for anything after?
Delete system, and then take the contents of the Data folder out and delete the data folder once it's empty.

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm using a 32gb mSD. Are you downloading .wud(s)? Those are encrypted Wii U roms and in order to get them smaller, you need to unencrypt them into an rpx
I hate to butt in, but how does one decrypt the .wud file into an .rpx? I'm still learning about all of this.

razinx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Perfect, thank you. As stated by another, awesome job, easiest tutorial to follow so far. I had zero knowledge going into this and have now successfully played my first game in loadine. Props!

Reactions: Psi-hate

LFXiksas

Trophies
XP
Country
I have problems with creating the server, I do everything what is shown in video, but when I try to connect to server I just get page not found error. I had problems with wamp and java haxserver too... Maybe someone knows what could be the problem, why can't I connect to the created server? Maybe I need to change some settings in my internet router? :)
EDIT: Fixed my self. Great tutorial, really easy to use this method. ;)

Last edited by LFXiksas,

Phi_Jones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be.....stuck on the last step. When i run the Site all pops up well the standard things you are supposed to see...but when i click on the 550hax.mp4 link, it kinda all just goes to heck.....the wii U screen freezes. And i end up getting this...i asked a few people but it seems to be getting me nowhere....I'm on version 5.5.1 u. And i'm well basically lost....

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-5_20-41-17.png
    upload_2016-5-5_20-41-17.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 218

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @StatusN, welcome