[Tutorial] Restore N3DS from FW 2.1 without NAND Backups

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by slslasher, Apr 29, 2016.

1. exdeath255

Newcomer exdeath255 Advanced Member

Canada
    i know this is an annoying thing to hear but, shouldnt the first thing you do when you hack any 3ds even without doing a9lh is to make a back up of sys and emunand? idk maybe thats just me.

2. cashimi001

Newcomer cashimi001 Newbie

China
    H i have a question 6) Use the Unbrick FW 9.x EmuNAND function (This will take quite some time) for this step ,how can do this ? int opthelper? but only unbrick FW 2.1 Emunand . sorry for my bad engishi ... THANK for all @d0k3 @slslasher

3. cashimi001

China
    hello
    first sorry my bad english i am chinease . my n3ds ONLY 2.1 SYSNAND , and for this step 6) Use the Unbrick FW 9.x EmuNAND function (This will take quite some time) ,it is use the OTPHelper ?but the OTPHelper only have the Unbrick FW 2.1 EmuNAND ,not hav nbrick FW 9.x EmuNAND function
    please help me how to nbrick FW 9.x EmuNAND function .and use what tools to do this? THANKS

4. I_AM_L_FORCE

Member I_AM_L_FORCE GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I'm rather intrigued by a couple details here. How comes TWL titles and BBM won't work? Also formats? Does anyone know? (Not in this situation, just curious)

5. cashimi001

China
    ti is only the OTPHelper-20160502-081624 can unbrick fw 9.x emunand but the link.has down any help for me? soory my bad.english i am chinease . thank u so much

6. StandardBus

Newcomer StandardBus Member

Italy
    [edited]

Last edited by StandardBus, Aug 3, 2016
  7. Diehard

Newcomer Diehard Newbie

Germany
    Could someone please reupload the OTP Helper

8. StandardBus

Newcomer StandardBus Member

Italy
    This version of OTPhelper should work with this guide

Attached Files:

9. detectiveki

Newcomer detectiveki Newbie

Hong Kong
    i hope this post can help with my situation...i did A9 on my 3ds and i lost the original NAND file. I undo the A9 and the 3ds back to FW 2.1! i inserted a pokemon game and planned to play it as normal. After it is said the update was done, i back to the home screen! no response when i clicked on each icons! i can't even access the setting! same situation when i pressed LRUPX with power to force update!
    anyone can help @slslasher

Last edited by detectiveki, Jan 3, 2017
  10. detectiveki

Newcomer detectiveki Newbie

Hong Kong
    hi, i have bricked my 3DS without NAND backup after direct upgrade from FW 2.1 through setting update...and now, i can do nothing with my 3ds at home screen.
    Is that i have to follow your tutorial from extracteing out the 2.1 from microSD using 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator and flashed it back to sysNAND with a hardmod before the next step?

11. einhuman197

Member einhuman197 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    Well dude why do you delete arm9loaderhax, go back to 2.1 and update with a game. I'm sorry but this is dumb. Without a nand backup you can't restore stuff. Always do backups.

12. CVZLIZ

Newcomer CVZLIZ Newbie

Switzerland
    so as you wrote that you were on 2.1 which im also and u said that you are updated via settings which i also did and now im bricked too! soooo i cant even turn it back on, just a blue light. ^Can you add me like in skype or so that you can tell me step by step? skype name: shadowrey3.