Tutorial  Updated

Play with your Gamecube Controller in your 3DS (without hardmod)

Note: You can use any controller, but this tutorial will only describe the steps to do it with a gamecube controller + official gamecube controller adapter. Anyway, only the first step is related with the controller. The other steps are the same for every controller.

Special thanks to Stary2001 and @KazoWAR for this awesome tool.

Requirements:
Recomended:
Steps:
1. Install the driver of the Official gamecube controller adapter in your pc (there's a lot of tutorials on the internet, so please google) and run it.
2. Configure Xpadder (It's pretty easy with a noob-proof GUI). Remember the keys you choose for each button.

Now you have to choose an option

NTR CFW (recommended - better compatibility )
3. In your 3DS install InputRedirectionNTR.cia.
4. Run NTR CFW, press X+Y and select "Enable Debugger"
5. Run the installed CIA.

Homebrew Launcher (not recommended - worse compatibility)
3. In your 3DS install InputProc.cia and put the 3ds folder in the root of your sd card In
4. Run The Homebrew Launcher and launch input_loader.
5. Press start and then x to return to the home menu

6. Now in your PC, go to the PC Client and open InputRedirection NTR.exe (InputRedirection .exe if you chose the HBL option)
7. Press F1 to set your 3DS IP address (use wireless network watcher or ftpbrony to know it) and then ESC
8. Press F2 to set the key for each button of your 3ds (you can use Xpadder to remember what keys you used for the gamecube controller). To do it, first you have to press the pre-selected key, and then press the new key for each button. Once you're ready press ESC.
9. Test the controls (also, you can press F4 to show debug information).
10. Enjoy

Proof:

Last edited by Intronaut,

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this is a glitch or if it's intentional, but this overwrites Persona Q.
I have my homebrew/games organized in separate folders. I had an app called "Go Away" in my games folder, when I know I never put it there. I also noticed Persona Q was missing, even though I didn't uninstall it.

Reactions: dimmidice

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not sure if this is a glitch or if it's intentional, but this overwrites Persona Q.
I have my homebrew/games organized in separate folders. I had an app called "Go Away" in my games folder, when I know I never put it there. I also noticed Persona Q was missing, even though I didn't uninstall it.
dafuq and what it does/look alike?
Maybe being the same unique id make this happens but if not n something that shpuld be there by the tutorial, looks like trolling :/

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dafuq and what it does/look alike?
Maybe being the same unique id make this happens but if not n something that shpuld be there by the tutorial, looks like trolling :/
It completely changes the banner. If I try opening it, it gets stuck on the "Nintendo 3DS" screen.
But yeah, some warning would have been nice.

Reactions: dimmidice
D

Deleted User

Our prayers have been answered! \( ' O ' )/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There's a free version of xpadder somewhere...

Intronaut

A star maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I updated the tutorial with new info and new steps for the NTR method

@KazoWAR Is it possible to automatically run this command with your build of NTR PC Client?

write(0x0105AE4, (0x70, 0x47), pid=0x1a)

This is because some games like ZeldaOot gets disconnected from network when they start.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated the tutorial with new info and new steps for the NTR method

@KazoWAR Is it possible to automatically run this command with your build of NTR PC Client?

write(0x0105AE4, (0x70, 0x47), pid=0x1a)

This is because some games like ZeldaOot gets disconnected from network when they start.
what does it do.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works for ORAS at least, but I think using the console buttons override the GC controller, and you have to connect to the internet ingame for the controller to work. Also, not to use the keyboard in any other program on the PC. Basically it works when you just use the controller and have nothing else going on or any reason to hit the buttons that got redirected to the controller. Can't do the slow creeping with dexnav hunting on the joystick. But it's pretty cool. Tried on O3DS, probably best for SSB on N3DS.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I get hyped for finally playing Smash properly:
Does this work on o3ds?
Any lag?
Either way it was only a matter of time. Amazing work anyway :D

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I get hyped for finally playing Smash properly:
Does this work on o3ds?
Any lag?
Either way it was only a matter of time. Amazing work anyway :D

I tried OR on O3DS, no lag at all, I think it depends on how strong the wifi is. The modem and the 3DS, and the PC are all in my bedroom, so, can't get stronger than that.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because smash reboots o3DSs, it won't work with smash on an o3DS.
Ah, yes, that bit... Damn. Perhaps the homebrew launcher method will work?
I tried OR on O3DS, no lag at all, I think it depends on how strong the wifi is. The modem and the 3DS, and the PC are all in my bedroom, so, can't get stronger than that.
That's Pokémon. To a competitive Smash player like me, I would notice the difference like night and day.

That's Pokémon. To a competitive Smash player like me, I would notice the difference like night and day.

That's Pokémon. To a competitive Smash player like me, t

That's Pokémon. To a competitive Smash player like me, t

AliasGprime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there, just tested it, awsome work! everything working very well. Still have a question, I tried it with NTR. Is it, actually, incompatible with the video streaming of NTR? Seem I can't do both at the same time. Is there any way to do both of them at the same time?

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
how can i make a marco that keeps hatching pokemon eggs untill it gets a shiny the shiny parts the part idk how to do because i need a way to detect shinys

Mentaloo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tested on my Luma3DS CFW (I used the HL method) and it works, but whenever I try to load a game after I launched input_loader it gets stuck on Nintendo3DS loading screen. Any fix?

Intronaut

A star maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
For better xomp
Tested on my Luma3DS CFW (I used the HL method) and it works, but whenever I try to load a game after I launched input_loader it gets stuck on Nintendo3DS loading screen. Any fix?
for better compatibility prefer the NTR method. There's a BootNTR version compatible with Luma CFW and fw 11.0. I recommend it to you.

filthypirate

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
made an account just to say this, I don't know if you figured out why this happened but yeah my Persona Q icon on my home screen is gone and replaced with a GO AWAY icon called input_proc. Hopefully JKSM can extract my Persona Q save and I can just reinstall the cia, but I'm thinking that'll just overwrite input_proc. Also FBI made no indication that it was deleting anything when I installed input_proc so Im worried PQ is still installed and taking up space without any way to remove it now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1