[Tutorial] - Play SSB, MK8 and other games All Unlocked on sysnand without CFW or AOCPtcher

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by raphamotta, Mar 11, 2017.

1. raphamotta
    OP

raphamotta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2013
    This guide needs at least one legit DLC from each game you try. It works with FREE DLC too for other games like Mario Kart 8 and Zelda BOTW!!

In this tutorial I'll show you how to play Super Smash Bros with all DLCs unlocked without start a CFW or AOCPatcher for this. It should work with others games with multiple DLC like Wii Sports Club, Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors and others. Of course you need a legit DLC from game you want to play.

For Mario kart 8 detail follow this link:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...dlc-for-free-without-cfw.464407/#post-7173356

For Zelda BOTW follow:
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/play-zelda-botw-with-all-dlc-for-free-without-cfw.469520

What you need:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    1 - First if you have any illegitimate SSB DLC installed, just delete it using using Data manager on WiiU Config
    2 - Buy any DLC on eshop (the cheaper one?)
    3 - Make sure your SD card is formatted in FAT32
    4 - Download the DLC of SSM of your region with WiiU USB Helper and put it in your SD card in na folder called "install" in the root.
    5 - Go to Homebrew Launcher and choose App Store or go to wiiubru.com/go on you browser and choose App Store. If you don't know what's Homebrew Launcher is give a look in this guide (parts I, II and III) and choose start App Store.
    6 - In App Store Download Tik2SD + FTPiiU_Everywhere + WUP Installer GX2 + Mocha CFW + Homebrew Launcher
    7 - Launch Homebrew Launcher and go to Mocha_CFW (use default options). Then go to WUP Installer GX2 and choose install the DLC of SSB you just download wherever is your game (nand or USB).
    8 - Back to Homebrew Launcher, go to Tik2SD and backup your tickets. Put your SD in PC and look at tik2sd folder. Open keys.txt and search where your SSB DLC is installed. The name you need to search is 0005000c10144f00 or 0005000c10145000 or 0005000c10110e00. In my case (US) it says "0002/00000012.tik".
    9 - Now it's time for hex editing.
    Use the link from www.marcrobledo.com/wiiu-tik-fixer/ (thanks @marc_max )
    open the folder and in tik2sd wich the ticket from you game is , than drop on the site above, you gonna see 2 tickets, click in fix, and download the file , than go to step 10.
    10 - Now put your SD back in WiiU. Open Homebrew Launcher and launch FTPiiU_everywhere (make sure you had launch Mocha CFW or other CFW before that)
    11 - Go to your SSBM ticket location inside WiiU memory using a FTP browser like FileZilla or even Windows Explorer with the IP of your WiiU. Its in "storage_slc/rights/ticket/apps/xxxx/xxx.tik". Replace that ticket with the one you just modified.
    12 - Open your SSB game and enjoy play with all contents without CFW!

TL;DR: Buy a cheap DLC, install all DLC packet with a fake ticket, locate your ticket inside WiiU, swap the legit ticket with the fake ticket inside the tik file so that the legit ticket appears first.

Thank to @nexusmtz, @Wuigi and @Madridi

Attached Files:

Last edited by raphamotta, Jul 1, 2017
    DrCrygor07, PacPera, Rehv and 10 others like this.

2. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    Good job @raphamotta .. This a method rarely known by people, and btw, it's not super smash specific. It works with all games.

@nexusmtz someone finally wrote a guide about this :)

iAqua, nexusmtz and raphamotta like this.
  3. raphamotta
    OP

raphamotta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2013
    Thanks I edited this tutorial saying it works with other games. BTW @nexusmtz helped me :)

Madridi likes this.
  4. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    You might want to mention the DLC doesn't necessarily have to be bought with money. It works fine with free dlc as well

5. raphamotta
    OP

raphamotta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2013
    Good to know! In my case I had the mewtwo for free. Do you know other games with free dlc?

6. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Mario Kart 8 had a free DLC.

raphamotta likes this.
  7. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    Yeah I also had the free mewtwo lol. Mario kart has the Mercedes free dlc, just dance 14 and 15 had one free song each, so that counted as free dlc. Can't remember more

raphamotta likes this.
  8. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    @raphamotta

So I've given the tutorial a good read, and I have some questions as I do it slightly differently:

- The portion about FTPiiU, did you mean FTPiiU or FTPiiU_everwhere? Cause I don't think FTPiiU sees anything besides your sd

- Assuming it is indeed FTPiiU_everywhere, would a sigpatcher really be sufficient? I believe you still need CBHC or mocha (different FTPiiU_everywhere versions for both) as the NAND access are handled differently according to @nexusmtz .. So while a sigpatcher is enough to install fake signed dlc, I don't think it's enough to get NAND access.

raphamotta likes this.
  9. raphamotta
    OP

raphamotta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2013
    Oh.. thanks! You are right! It's FTPiiU_Everywhere! And I use haxchi CFW so I thought a simple sigpatcher going to work but I tested and didn't. It really needs mocha or haxchi CFW (or maybe the old fw.img). Thanks for correcting me I'll edit the tutorial.

Madridi likes this.
  10. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    Glad to help :)
    You might need a warning explaining which version if FTPiiU_everywhere to use depending in your set up

raphamotta likes this.
  11. raphamotta
    OP

raphamotta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2013
    I'm using v0.4u2 and I gonna test if it works with mocha on sysnand

12. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    It won't work. You will need dimok's 0.1 version.

13. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Fix94's 4u2 works on Mocha for this.
    @Madridi, you must use ftpiiu_everwhere. You should use the build that matches your CFW so you don't wonder why some paths don't work, but for tickets, it's ok to use either, contrary to what we talked about last month. (I just tried it again to make sure) I'd use dimok's v0.4 with mocha, but getting into that might be too much for a tutorial.

Madridi likes this.
  14. raphamotta
    OP

raphamotta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2013
    Yes, I just tested with mocha cfw and ftpiiu everywhere 4u2 works fine. Anyway thanks for the advice.

Madridi likes this.
  15. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    Oh so accessing tickets with work with any dimok or Fix94's version, just not all the other paths? Good to know. It certainly simplifies this tutorial.

That being said, I anticipate problems for those using FTPiiU_everywhere for the first time! thinking fix94's version would work on mocha completely fine for everything.

Dimok has a 0.4? Mine is at 0.1. Can you provide a link for that please?

16. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Madridi likes this.
  17. WarMachine77

WarMachine77 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2010
    United States
    Hi! When you mention that it works for other games, is the hex code we're looking for the exact same?

Wanted to try this with Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart 8. The hex editing is what worries me since it leaves little room for error...do you see yourself making a front-end application for this?

Thanks regardless, this is very exciting.

raphamotta likes this.
  18. raphamotta
    OP

raphamotta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2013
    Yes it's almost the same. Just the blue highlight part changes with the game ID.

A front end app it's a good idea. A simple script could do the hex editing. Maybe someone with programming skills could do this in 20 minutes. If no one try this I gonna try next weekend, I just need to learn more about programming :)

Last edited by raphamotta, Mar 12, 2017
    Blake5100 and WarMachine77 like this.
  19. WarMachine77

WarMachine77 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2010
    United States
    That's awesome! I guess for now I was wondering where I'd find the hex value/game ID that you found for SSB (0005000c10144f00 or 0005000c10145000 or 0005000c10110e00) for those other games.

I know Hyrule Warriors is BWPE01 for the title ID, but I'm not sure what I should be looking for here. Thanks again :)

EDIT: Whoops, sorry, just saw this : http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database

raphamotta likes this.
  20. raphamotta
    OP

raphamotta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2013
    That's right, just search the ID of your Hyrule Warriors DLC region (0005000C..... )

WarMachine77 likes this.