[Tutorial] - Play Mario Kart 8 with All DLC for FREE without CFW

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by raphamotta, Mar 13, 2017.

1. trunske

trunske GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2016
    Thanks for say you use HxD now I understand Perfectly!!!!

I managed work it!!

Last edited by trunske, Mar 29, 2017
    raphamotta likes this.

2. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    Hmmm, did anyone get banned for doing this? Is the ban possibility high?

3. raphamotta
    OP

raphamotta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2013
    No, if you don't use any hacks or mods, the ban possibility is zero.

fatsquirrel likes this.
  4. sunnaryt

sunnaryt GBAtemp Regular

Mar 1, 2016
    United States
    attempted this twice from scratch (deleting tik and game even), not sure why but it doesn't want to work, it's even extremely easy in that the fake/legit tickets are the only tickets in the file and it's easy to see where they start and stop because the first stops where the second starts @ 0x350 and the second goes to the end

but for some reason it will not work

5. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Can you tell us what 'it will not work' means? What error do you get when you start the game? Which ticket bucket file did you change?

6. sunnaryt

sunnaryt GBAtemp Regular

Mar 1, 2016
    United States
    Same error as if I had not done anything, that the DLC is corrupted, but it works fine with sig patch or mocha.
    Mine was 00009/00000015.tik as indicated by the txt file. Curiously, both appear to be repetitive, so I'm wondering if, because you have to download the DLC all together through the tools available, it includes the Merc DLC and thus overwrites the valid ticket for it with the fake, though I don't know if it works that way.

7. wolf-snake

wolf-snake GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    Mario Kart 8 is working flawlesly.

8. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Both tickets have the repeating DISEASED ISABELLA (D15EA5ED15ABE11A)?

If the only tickets in that file are the two MK8 DLC tickets, you can delete the file, go into eShop, exit eShop, and look at the file under storage_slc via ftp_everywhere. That'll be your legit ticket. (eShop replaces missing tickets while the slot machine is running, and naturally, any ticket eShop gives you will be legit.) Make sure it's there, then install the DLC with the fake ticket using WUPInstaller and look again. Both tickets should then be there, but in the wrong order.

9. sunnaryt

sunnaryt GBAtemp Regular

Mar 1, 2016
    United States
    bizarrely i did this again and both tickets ended up being copies of the legit ticket, but overwrote the second legit with a fake from a backup i made and it works now

really weird
    must have been bless hex editor being a buggy piece of shit

it appears what the hex editor was deciding to do was to instead of cut and paste, copy and overwrite the proceeding bytes, but present it as though it had pushed them forward or back, only to reveal it had effectively duplicated the series of bytes when reopened

there are no good hex editors in linux

nexusmtz likes this.