[Tutorial] - Play Mario Kart 8 with All DLC for FREE without CFW

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by raphamotta, Mar 13, 2017.

1. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Yeah but I meant when the other DLC is released :P

2. nightmare1455

nightmare1455 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2016
    Belgium
    I Tried with Hyrule Warriors PAL and it worked flawlessly. The Hex editing was not that hard for me, Just has to figured out that the false and true ticket was the same lenght before switched them out

raphamotta likes this.
  3. JMP

JMP Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2016
    to be honest i little confused i did all except in part changed position. i have 00000015.tik@0x0 , 00000015.tik@0x350
    my problem is search what position start and end?
    so is copy and paste the dlc fake to first postition or changed position like copy the dlc free to the bottom and later copy the dlc fake to up? also i bad in hexa

4. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    It tells you that. You first ticket is right at the beginning (0x0), and the next ticket is where it says 350 on the left (0x350)

You can confirm that these are the start of the tickets cause they will start with 00 01 00 04.

As for the length, it's 848bytes

raphamotta likes this.
  5. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Key Largo, Florida
    Awesome trick! Need to do this for my Bayonetta SSB :3

raphamotta likes this.
  6. JMP

JMP Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2016

i try to edit and i get nothing. say error need erase data(dlc) so.... the legit dlc where ending ? so i change position but i see i doing bad. i see how look the id game good, ok i know where start to in end the fake sticket good but the legit idk where end.
    how you see the ¨it's 848bytes¨

Last edited by JMP, Mar 21, 2017
  7. raphamotta
    OP

raphamotta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2013
    You can see this selecting the numbers with an hex editor like HxD. You gonna see 350 in status line (it's 848 in hex)

8. JMP

JMP Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2016
    i used HxD i try changed watch size bytes but no work.
    i know the part 00000350. what i mean is part to changed position with the legit is what i confused i see the imagen you put. i was thinking you start 0 to select to in end closed censor part.
    what i did is cut all part dlc fake sticket later paste in the begining(0x0) the legit ticket. later cut the part legit and paste the ending the part 0000350

9. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    Cut everything from the start up until 34F.

So 350 should be your new 0x0. Now go to the new 34F and paste insert it after that, so it should be starting 350 now.

10. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Can't you just use AOC Patcher to load the DLC and the brazilian method for the game?

11. JMP

JMP Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2016
    34F? from offset ? i try but i no found.(also my console is usa i forget say that)

12. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    Like I said before, that defies the purpose of this thread. The purpose is to get them to run without cfw or sigpatcher, like original similar to Brazilian method.

If not, aoc is still not the better way to go. Sigpatcher is better. Aoc method is, by admission of the dev himself, experimental. It activates the dlc in a dirty way by injecting it through the save. I would not be surprised if you get glitches or crashes along the way.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

340 line, the end of that entire line is 34F

JMP likes this.
  13. JMP

JMP Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2016
    ok now work. i see what happen with my error.... that was fool my part. also the moment i make the error to cut the no correct line offset.
    only just copy the fake sticket to beginning that all (still need legit dlc) thanks for the help

Last edited by JMP, Mar 21, 2017
  14. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    So you got it fully working now?

15. JMP

JMP Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2016
    yeah all work. i get all world and characters dlc.i play without mocha cfw

16. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    Great to see it you got it working. Have fun :)

17. trunske

trunske GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2016
    Someone enough kind to make a video?XD

I have a problem, I uninstalled my MK8 DLC Non-Legit so I downloaded Mercedes Benz Free DLC but I cannot install it, because it give me an error, and the DLC it's deleted from Download List.
    Do I need install the DLC Legit or Just having Downloaded it's enough?

18. raphamotta
    OP

raphamotta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2013
    Run tik2sd and see if you have 2 tickets of the MK8 DLC. If you have you can follow this tutorial starting editing the tik file.

trunske likes this.
  19. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Trunske, because you weren't able to install the DLC from eShop, you'll have to install it using WUPInstaller after you fix the tickets such that the legitimate one is first. Note that you will have to remove the title.tik from your sd:/install/mk8dlcname directory, so the system's existing ticket will be used. If you don't do that, the fake one will be first again.

trunske likes this.
  20. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    Actually, if he can't install legit dlc, chances are only the fake one exists on system.
    So the easier approach in my opinion would be:
    1- remove fake ticket
    2- install from eshop
    3- install fake signed
    4- switch legit and fake tickets with hex

If a legit ticket does exist, then a simple ticket switch would solve the problem, and eshop works again for the dlc (though why would you want that! Lol)