Tutorial More-or-less Catch-All Tutorial

Switch CFW tutorial to focus on ReiNAND?

• Switch to ReiNAND (Lighter footprint, seems to work better in most systems, native regionfree TBD)

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Keep using rxTools (Unstable, build Dropbox host goes down every other day, generally troublesome)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I got that trying to run the eShop installer too. EDIT: For the first time, anyway.
The success rate on the old eShop downloader is way way below 90% and it's pretty clunky to get working, as evidenced by having to use Menuhax.
It WORKS, but I'm not sure that it works too well.
So you're saying I should just keep trying and it will eventually succeed? Good idea. Considering so many other homebrew exploits are like that, it makes sense.

-damn son that's a big image-
Yeah, I took that from my iPad, and the pictures are super high-res. Would you believe me if I said that picture was taken from far away and heavily cropped? It still ended up taking way too much space anyways. Darn.

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So you're saying I should just keep trying and it will eventually succeed? Good idea. Considering so many other homebrew exploits are like that, it makes sense.

It shouldn't really take any more than 5 tries.
If it does, something's SERIOUSLY wrong with the homebrew.
I don't change my theme often enough that Menuhax is unviable for me, so I'm outright not bothering with Ironhax.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just need to make sure on something, I have a N3DS on 10.3. I did the whole DNS thing, how can I confirm it's working?

Because, I opened up the browser before, worked fine. I put in the DNS settings in my connection, tried running it again, everything went fine.

I went to homebrew with browserhax, does this mean I'm safe?

adiktus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Setting the DNS just means you can't access nintendo servers, and they can't nag you for updates. Everything else stays the same.

Reactions: DKB

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Setting the DNS just means you can't access nintendo servers, and they can't nag you for updates. Everything else stays the same.
Basically this.
The Browser on an outdated system firmware will also only work with the Tubehax DNS enabled, and using it with the DNS disabled will render it unusable until the system is updated.
Side note: I've updated the guide to catch even more alls and cover 4.0-8.1 systems.
The only things it has yet to cover are Cubic Ninja, OOT3D and MSET.
I'm not even gonna try to cover Smash because, frankly, it's not even worth it when you take the success rate and the effort involved into account.

D

Deleted User

I dunno what to tell you, frankly.
No, you definitely haven't screwed up, but it should definitely be working.
The only thing that comes to mind here is whether or not you're using the right URL and whether or not the Homebrew Menu files are all in the right place.
Right I think it's the homebrew files cause I haven't updated my files in a long time

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a question: if i'm already in 10.3 should i change the DNS thing?
If you're already on 10.3, You won't need to change your DNS until the next system update hits, as the guide stated. When it does, you WILL have to set the DNS before attempting to open the browser or it'll fail to start and you'll have to update.
Even then, as long as you have Ironhax, Menuhax or both, it's all good.

Reactions: Critichart

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice all in one guide, provides a great roadmap but in my opinion it's not nearly detailed enough. My guide for N3DS is extremely detailed and even there are people having difficulties understanding steps. But I like how you implement emunand9, I will update my tutorial to emunand9 based on this information and get rid of Gateway completely. Thanks for that, you'll be linked of course.

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry but what is this for? Don't really get it :wacko: Is this something you need to do in order to get those new exploits?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has nothing to do with the new exploits and also should be moved to tutorial section.
It's just a all-in-one roadmap for setting up CFW on the different 3DS variants. Check the tuts in my signature if you need more in-depth explanations.

atrocious123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Quick question, i have a O3DS XL sysnand 9.00 and emunand at 10.1 i believe. When i type in the url, i should type in the sysnand browser and connect to internet?
Edit: Got it to work, should i do the DNS thing?

Last edited by atrocious123,

verifyvenuz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.venuspatrol.com
XP
Country
Poland
Sorry but what is this for? Don't really get it :wacko: Is this something you need to do in order to get those new exploits?
Yes, you need two exploits with the same base to get something new. Like, totally.

I'm pretty sure it's for people new to hacking who heard of Memchunkhax2 and got interested. Since it's not out yet, the guide's for setting up old exploits to get prepared for the new one's release (by that I mean functional code - I'm aware there's already an explanation about how to do it).

Last edited by verifyvenuz,

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, you need two exploits with the same base to get something new. Like, totally.

I'm pretty sure it's for people new to hacking who heard of Memchunkhax2 and got interested. Since it's not out yet, the guide's for setting up old exploits to get prepared for the new one's release (by that I mean functional code - I'm aware there's already an explanation about how to do it).
Oh okay. Thanks. Sorry for being a dumbass.

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I installed without difficulty Homemenuhax and Ironhax, anything else to be futur proof?

Thank you!
Nope: After this, all you need to wait for is a piece of homebrew that takes advantage of one of the new exploits (Most likely Memchunkhax2, anyway) to downgrade to 9.0-9.2.
And then you wait like a week or so when all the kinks of the downgrade process get ironed out and all the brick risks are found, and you're set to go.

roudy000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope: After this, all you need to wait for is a piece of homebrew that takes advantage of one of the new exploits (Most likely Memchunkhax2, anyway) to downgrade to 9.0-9.2.
And then you wait like a week or so when all the kinks of the downgrade process get ironed out and all the brick risks are found, and you're set to go.

Thank you for the time you took to answer! My 2ds is already on Rxtools and I had lost hope of playing on a bigger screen.

djdany01

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i have a little problem:
I have a 2DS in 9.0, all goes well but when i put the boot.3dsx of CTRBootManager i get black screen when pulse L when start the 2DS, if i put the boot.3dsx of MenuHax i can enter in Hombrew Launcher.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1