Tutorial More-or-less Catch-All Tutorial

Switch CFW tutorial to focus on ReiNAND?

• Switch to ReiNAND (Lighter footprint, seems to work better in most systems, native regionfree TBD)

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Keep using rxTools (Unstable, build Dropbox host goes down every other day, generally troublesome)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I mean it's on 9.2 since that's what I downgraded to.
Then you should update your emuNAND (make sure it is unlinked) and run the hbl cia so it downloads the payload for 10.5, because if you do this process for the 9.2 payload then update, the new payload will also go to ctrbootmanager because it is unedited.

uribemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, awesome, thanks to help from @Sgt. Lulz I got my emuNAND restored. However, I'm still having trouble getting the homebrew launcher cia working correctly. When I open it it boots into the CtrBootManager, and when I use that to try to select the homebrew launcher it freezes. This is puzzling as it did the same thing the very first time i tried it (I tried to boot it through HBL8.3dsx that time), but the seconf time I tried it on the old emuNAND i used boot_hb.3dsx and it worked. This time I tried to use that same file again and it froze. Any advice or help?
Did you copy the custom boot.cfg?

Last edited by uribemaster,

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you should update your emuNAND (make sure it is unlinked) and run the hbl cia so it downloads the payload for 10.5, because if you do this process for the 9.2 payload then update, the new payload will also go to ctrbootmanager because it is unedited.
Oh! Okay, I'll wait till after I do that then. So I want to make doubley sure that I don't screw up this time. To unlink the two, I need to boot the system into CtrBootManager, load the Homebrew Menu, select tiny format, then just follow the instructions? And after that I'm safe to update emuNAND?
Did you copy the custom boot.cfg?
I'm not sure what you're referring to.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Oh! Okay, I'll wait till after I do that then. So I want to make doubley sure that I don't screw up this time. To unlink the two, I need to boot the system into CtrBootManager, load the Homebrew Menu, select tiny format, then just follow the instructions? And after that I'm safe to update emuNAND?

I'm not sure what you're referring to.
Boot into CTR and load homebrew menu, this will load the homebrew menu in sysNAND, load tinyformat to unlink NANDS, everything in your sysNAND should move into emuNAND while making your sysNAND completely new, reinstall menuhax and give it something like the Yellow basic theme.

Once finished, boot into emuNAND via cakes of whatever CFW you have, if you have a yellow theme, it's sysNAND, immediately power off and try again, when you are 100% sure you're in emuNAND, then you're free to update it through system settings like you normally would without cfw.

uribemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In order to be able to boot to HBL8 homebrew, you need to edit the boot.cfg file and change it into the custom one on the setting up cfw section

Last edited by uribemaster,

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boot into CTR and load homebrew menu, this will load the homebrew menu in sysNAND, load tinyformat to unlink NANDS, everything in your sysNAND should move into emuNAND while making your sysNAND completely new, reinstall menuhax and give it something like the Yellow basic theme.

Once finished, boot into emuNAND via cakes of whatever CFW you have, if you have a yellow theme, it's sysNAND, immediately power off and try again, when you are 100% sure you're in emuNAND, then you're free to update it through system settings like you normally would without cfw.
Awesome, just loaded into emuNAND and it's the same black theme from before while the sysNAND is set to yellow. Success?

uribemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i dont use ntr so im not sure what it could be. Since it needs sysnand, try holding down L after pressing the app. It might be menuhax messing with it

Poketard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Opening decrypt9 on my emuNAND just kicks me back to the homebrew launcher, and trying to open FBI through the homebrew menu results in an error not allowing me to install CIAs. What should I do? I also already unlinked my emuNAND and my sysNAND so I don't know if that would have any effect on things.

Last edited by Poketard,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?