Tutorial More-or-less Catch-All Tutorial

Switch CFW tutorial to focus on ReiNAND?

• Switch to ReiNAND (Lighter footprint, seems to work better in most systems, native regionfree TBD)

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Keep using rxTools (Unstable, build Dropbox host goes down every other day, generally troublesome)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ktmax33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i neeeeeed help asap i've been a lurker on this thread 4 a bit when i try to make a nand.bin or complete emunand setup is says file system is corrupt or unknown continuing without starter.bin i need some help people thx

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
People have used SD cards up to 128GB before, so capacity can't be the problem.
Try backing up, formatting and restoring your cards. The format should be FAT32.
It's possible that the cards may be dying too, but that depends entirely on how old they are.
I can't really make an evaluation on that sort of thing.

Reactions: sp0000nman

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
@Sgt. Lulz do you have problems with HBL .CIA that tries to read the new homebrewlauncher boot.3dsx that was released 12 days ago? I tried deleting the payload and hold Y when the .CIA boots in order to download a new one, but it crashes all the time and I have to restart the 3DS. I can launch it through CtrBootManager, but not through emuNAND.

Edit: this is the file I downloaded: https://github.com/smealum/3ds_hb_menu/releases

Edit 2: I'm on latest rxTools Nightly and my emuNAND is @ 10.5 Europe.

Last edited by fr3quency,

Ktmax33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People have used SD cards up to 128GB before, so capacity can't be the problem.
Try backing up, formatting and restoring your cards. The format should be FAT32.
It's possible that the cards may be dying too, but that depends entirely on how old they are.
I can't really make an evaluation on that sort of thing.
i know the fat32 kinda thing the 32 is kinda old but the 16 was just bought i got it with my sky3ds that is kinda the problem because the whole ap check made it basically useless i dont have another 100bucks to spend maybe it my computers formatting is there a program that can hard core format. side note i got this shit to work on my 4gb flashcard that iv had at lest 6 years god i all ways have a shit time with this stuff oh when i try to boot up hbl8 or homebrew store it gives me a error zip3dfx v0.06 error opening internal archive ;-; god why do i even try

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Sgt. Lulz do you have problems with HBL .CIA that tries to read the new homebrewlauncher boot.3dsx that was released 12 days ago? I tried deleting the payload and hold Y when the .CIA boots in order to download a new one, but it crashes all the time and I have to restart the 3DS. I can launch it through CtrBootManager, but not through emuNAND.

Edit: this is the file I downloaded: https://github.com/smealum/3ds_hb_menu/releases

Edit 2: I'm on latest rxTools Nightly and my emuNAND is @ 10.5 Europe.
I'm not having such problems. I'm using the Grid launcher, personally.
That said, did you remember to edit the payload to point it towards the real Homebrew Launcher .3dsx?

i know the fat32 kinda thing the 32 is kinda old but the 16 was just bought i got it with my sky3ds that is kinda the problem because the whole ap check made it basically useless i dont have another 100bucks to spend maybe it my computers formatting is there a program that can hard core format. side note i got this shit to work on my 4gb flashcard that iv had at lest 6 years god i all ways have a shit time with this stuff oh when i try to boot up hbl8 or homebrew store it gives me a error zip3dfx v0.06 error opening internal archive ;-; god why do i even try
Well, I don't know what to tell you, frankly.
It sounds like something's genuinely wrong with the card.

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
That said, did you remember to edit the payload to point it towards the real Homebrew Launcher .3dsx?
Yes. Even if I hadn't edited the payload(for example when I deleted it and downloaded the new payload), it would throw me back into CtrBootManager. I even tried my first ever rxTools build and still didn't work. It didn't even work with the older version of homebrewlauncher which is 700kb o.0 (the new one is ~500kb)

Ktmax33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well, I don't know what to tell you, frankly.
It sounds like something's genuinely wrong with the card.
is there any way i can tell because it used to work fine just emunand is messed up

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. Even if I hadn't edited the payload(for example when I deleted it and downloaded the new payload), it would throw me back into CtrBootManager. I even tried my first ever rxTools build and still didn't work. It didn't even work with the older version of homebrewlauncher which is 700kb o.0 (the new one is ~500kb)
Try just using the old version from the starter package, I guess.

is there any way i can tell because it used to work fine just emunand is messed up
Really no idea.
If emuNAND itself is what's acting up, you could try making a backup of your current emuNAND and format a new one.
I can't really offer any more advice than that.

Ktmax33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try just using the old version from the starter package, I guess.

Really no idea.
If emuNAND itself is what's acting up, you could try making a backup of your current emuNAND and format a new one.
I can't really offer any more advice than that.
its strange if icould show you a pic of what it says would that help maybe i'm just stumped honestly

Ktmax33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Give it a shot.[/QUOTE
lw1n7.jpg
[/IMG]

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

lw1n7.jpg

16mdso.jpg

16mdso.jpg

2z3s77p.jpg

2z5udg9.jpg

god that was unnecessarily difficult
Give it a shot.
god that was unnecessary difficult

iamchip

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've redownloaded and redone the steps 3 times now and every time i 'Failed to decrypt the firmware'

I have a new 3ds and i used the link above to download both. Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've redownloaded and redone the steps 3 times now and every time i 'Failed to decrypt the firmware'

I have a new 3ds and i used the link above to download both. Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?
Sounds like a problem with firmkey. Get rid of the entire Cakes folder and Cakes.dat, then try again.
On that note, make ABSOLUTELY SURE you're downloading the files from /firmurln3ds and not /firmurl.
You should have slot0x11key96.bin at the SD card root and make sure you're getting at LEAST Cakes v108 and have firmware.bin and cetk in the Cakes/ folder. You don't need firmkey anymore.

Last edited by Sgt. Lulz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.