[TUTORIAL] "Manual System Transfer" for Saves/Content

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by Ichii Giki, May 3, 2015.

1. Ichii Giki
    OP

Ichii Giki GBAtemp Regular

Mar 12, 2015
    United States
    @WolfHeroEX Did you transfer the NAND files AND the SD card files to the new Emunand/SD card? If you didn't transfer everything, then your saves wouldn't show up. You also have to make sure you have the matching update to your saves for MiiPlaza to work. I can attest that this process worked for me and I was able to retain all my Miis/MiiPlaza data.

2. Brunho

Brunho GBAtemp Regular

May 27, 2014
    Brazil
    Thanks for your tutorial. I plan on using this to restore the Friends, Mii and MiiPlaza data from my SysNand to my EmuNand. Can I just extract the movable.sed and these folders?
    • 00010026 - Streetpass (active games)
    • 00010032 - Friends
    • 00020096 - Friend List
    • 00020217 - Mii Maker
    • 00020218 - Mii Plaza
    Or should I extract and inject all the folders you described?

3. TheGlow

TheGlow GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2013
    United States
    Da Bronx
    I had gotten some new 3dsxls and for some reason I dont know why, I had done a system format on the 2DS's to free up the NNID.
    So I realized I couldnt link the NNID so I ended up restoring the 2ds nands and then did a system format.
    Somewhere in here it seems to have broken the mii plaza and friends lists.

So for my 2ds and n3dsxl I have the emunand dumps, xors and created mountable images.
    I just wanted to confirm this will do what I hope and restore those apps and data. On mine I only played a little MH4U so I can just savedatafiler and restore that.
    Does this process have it where it looks for the same Nintendo 3DS\id0\id1 folders and what not?
    Would all those installed cia's come back up? I only put a few in as it takes a while but a straight copy to SD card to restore would be great.
    I think thats the title.db info.
    I have no valid eshop purchases on mine and the 2nd set of ds's was just free dls like netflix, youtube. it had mariokart7 on it but I already grabbed a cia version of that. I'm not even sure if that was associated to the NNID at all or just that 2DS.

As it stands the n3dsxls already have the NNID moved over. That's whats caused me problems before, so I have that out of the way at least for now.

Edit: Ok, it looks like its good. It still didnt have the NNID on the new emunand, so I restored the previous emunand onto a spare sdcard, did system format to free it up, then loaded up the new emunand and linked the NNID and it appears to be good now.
    Definitely took a while. Im guessing moving the ticket.db would have let all the old games load up, but id rather not take the chance on it restoring something odd.

Last edited by TheGlow, Feb 15, 2016
  4. TheGlow

TheGlow GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2013
    United States
    Da Bronx
    It seems there were some side effects. My daughters friend code changed. So the friends list is there but no one shows as online now since its not the same on their end. I manually added her on my side and confirmed I still had her old one and she had it written down, and that wasnt it.
    Also the Mii that showed for her she said is older and not showing what she has on the screen herself.
    Any ideas on how to restore the friend code too or is that too late?

5. Ivan Garcia

Ivan Garcia GBAtemp Regular

Nov 8, 2014
    Madrid, Spain
    I have decrypted all my SD saves content. I'm trying to reencrypt with my new movable.sed but it doesn't work.
    Do you know how can i transfer all my saves from my old console (was dead) to my new one?

6. kinder_bueno

kinder_bueno Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2016
    Poland
    @Ichii Giki - can I use this method to move my mii plaza data (puzzles etc) from my O3DS USA to N3DS EUR? I am not sure if I understand correctly but it sounds like you moved your stuff between NANDs of the same region.

UPDATE:

I tried to move my stuff from o3DS (U) to n3DS (E). I've modified movable.sed as it was described in the tutorial and also moved content of NAND's sysdata, extdata. I've changed folders names accordingly to european names so the moved saves should be found by target NAND. Unfortunately target NAND says that my saves are corrupted, only friend list was moved, mii plaza/mii not. Is there some other way? E. g. decrypting those saves, converting them to european ones? Any help will be apreciated!

Last edited by kinder_bueno, Feb 29, 2016
  7. Nephiel

Nephiel Artificer

Nov 3, 2002
    I'm setting up a9lh on a N3DS and I want to start up with a clean slate, but keeping the data from:
    • Mii Plaza
    • Face Raiders
    • AR Games
    • Friends
    • Friends List
    • Camera
    • Sound
    • News
    My goal is to end up with a "clean" emuNAND with my NNID linked, a clean Activity Log and no fake tickets in ticket.db, but without losing my progress in the above titles.

So I'll be following this guide to copy only these saves from my current, "dirty" emuNAND (which has all my progress to date, but fake tickets and the Activity Log full of homebrew CIAs, SaveDataFiler, BigBlueMenu...) to a previous, "clean" emuNAND of the same console (the original dump I made back then when I set up this console for the first time).

I have confirmed that both the source and target emuNANDs are still linked, (same NNID, successfully replaced "dirty" ticket.db with "clean" one), so in the end I'll be just replacing old saves with newer ones on the same NAND.

Am I right in assuming movable.sed and the xorpads would be the same for both source and target in this case?

----
    Edit: The Xorpads are the same, but I compared movable.sed between source and target and it has changed, so I'd have to edit it, and thus lose the saves of the other titles.
    At this point it seems easier to just delete the save from Activity Log in the target NAND, so I'll probably try that and see what happens.
    ----
    Edit 2: Tried deleting the Activity Log save file /data/<ID0>/sysdata/00020222/00000000, reinjecting with 3DSFAT16tool, and flashing the image to emuNAND again. This had no effect - Activity Log still shows everything like before. Bummer. (Edit 5: now I know that I probably should have deleted the PTM history as well. Since I didn't, Activity Log just read the history and recreated everything when opened.)
    ----
    Edit 3: Followed the whole process and it looks like it worked. I now have a 10.6 emuNAND with a clean Activity Log but all my Mii Plaza encounters intact. Mii Maker was empty, but after entering my NNID, the system allowed me to retrieve my main Mii from my account. Not sure about the Mii Plaza DLC games yet, I have to download them to check if the saves for those have been transferred as well.
    ----
    Edit 4: It turns out the saves for the Mii Plaza DLC games are on the SD card, so they also work. Success!

Last edited by Nephiel, Mar 16, 2016
    Ichii Giki likes this.
  8. Chrushev

Chrushev GBAtemp Fan

Jul 23, 2013
    Serbia, Republic of
    Can you provide more details on Step 3 and 4? Which option do I pick to generate the XorPads? There are 8 options in XORpad generation options.

9. Nephiel

Nephiel Artificer

Nov 3, 2002
    I used CTRNAND Padgen and CTRNAND Padgen 0x4, iirc.

10. Chrushev

Chrushev GBAtemp Fan

Jul 23, 2013
    Serbia, Republic of
    Can you give step by step? ive never used any of these tools before and really dont want to mess anything up.

Last edited by Chrushev, Mar 7, 2016
  11. Nephiel

Nephiel Artificer

Nov 3, 2002
    I ended up following the first post on this thread almost to the letter. Even so, I had to read up on each tool and how to use it - for example, the current version of 3DSFAT16tool.py extracts the FAT16 CTR partition, reads the XORpads, and encrypts/decrypts in a single step, so that saves some steps.

12. Chrushev

Chrushev GBAtemp Fan

Jul 23, 2013
    Serbia, Republic of
    its a shame this guide is out of date and is very vague on some steps. I dont have any experience with any of these tools... Im trying to do step 4 to decrypt my emunand, but am not sure how, or even if 10.6 emunand can be decrypted. Can you point me to this documentation you speak of? Maybe that will help me. Someone should update the guide.

Thats one complaint I have about 3DS hacking scene, there is very little clarity, people use "just use tool X" or "google for Y" as their steps or answers. Which to someone who never heard of tool X or Y makes it very hard to make sure they are doing the correct thing and are looking at the correct thing. Like in this guide for example how much harder would it be to just say what to do to decrypt it? Would still be like 1 sentence. Not much more effort than to type "Go look for tool X and decrypt it", something like Use Tool X from <link> to Step1 -> Step 2 -> Step 3

Sorry for a bit of a rant, just frustrated... have been trying to piece this puzzle together for days, and I dont even know if its possible to decrypt 10.6 Nand

13. Nephiel

Nephiel Artificer

Nov 3, 2002
    Sorry if I wasn't clear, it's just that I don't have my console here and I honestly don't remember the exact steps. Give me a minute to google it.

Edit: it turns out it was a little bit longer than "1 sentence" :ha:

Last edited by Nephiel, Mar 7, 2016
  14. Nephiel

Nephiel Artificer

Nov 3, 2002
    Decrypt9: Download, How to run
    3DSFAT16tool.py: Source, Download. It is a Python script, so you need Python 2.7 to run it.
    Make sure the SD card in each console has at least 5 GB of free space, or you'll have to copy the dumped files to your computer after every dumping step to free space on it.

This is how I did steps A1 to A4, also C1 to C4, and C12 to C14:
    Hey, look! Pretty colors!

And this for steps C8 and C9, also C17 and C18:
    Even more colors!

Always make backups before anything, and don't blame me if something goes awry.
    Good luck!

Last edited by Nephiel, Mar 7, 2016
    september796 likes this.
  15. Chrushev

Chrushev GBAtemp Fan

Jul 23, 2013
    Serbia, Republic of
    Thanks Ill give it a shot when I get home! Hopefully it works on 10.6 emunand.

16. Chrushev

Chrushev GBAtemp Fan

Jul 23, 2013
    Serbia, Republic of

Tried it.. getting errors and it exits:

Dumping... please wait
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\<>\3DSFAT16tool.py", line 103, in <module>
    w.write(xor(fat16, xorpad))
    File "C:\Users\<>\3DSFAT16tool.py", line 36, in xor
    if i == 8: dt = numpy.dtype('<Q8');
    TypeError: data type "<Q8" not understood

17. Nephiel

Nephiel Artificer

Nov 3, 2002
    Which version of Python do you have?

18. Chrushev

Chrushev GBAtemp Fan

Jul 23, 2013
    Serbia, Republic of
    I tried 3.4 and 2.7

I also tried the C rewrite of this - https://gbatemp.net/threads/port-release-3dsfat16tool-c-rewrite-by-d0k3.390942/ which creates the file sucessfully but the file cant be mounted... now im wondering if this works with 10.6 emunand.

EDIT - spoke too soon.... i can mount the one that was output by the C version. WOOT!

Now Im at Hex Editing section... now sure which parts it wants me to delete..... help?

Last edited by Chrushev, Mar 8, 2016
  19. Nephiel

Nephiel Artificer

Nov 3, 2002
    For hex editing movable.sed, see steps 3 and 4 from this thread, they have screenshots. Ignore the other steps, they are different from this guide.

20. Chrushev

Chrushev GBAtemp Fan

Jul 23, 2013
    Serbia, Republic of
    Awesome thanks! Now it appears that Decryptor9 cant generate proper xorpads from 10.6 on new 3ds (my target system)... but sounds like fix is coming soon.. looks like Im going to have to wait.