Italy
my friends 3ds is stuck on step 9
instead of flashing white and going into cfw it just says
"An error has occurred.
forcing the software to close.
The system will now restart.
(Unsaved data may be lost.)"
any idea what the problem could be?

You are using the Gateway rop with the unencrypted launcher.dat, or the crypted one with the homebrew launcher dat.

Try to run multiroploader.nds from a ds cart and select first oprion1 , and if it doesn't work do it again and select option 2.

Reactions: Margen67

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are using the Gateway rop with the unencrypted launcher.dat, or the crypted one with the homebrew launcher dat.

Try to run multiroploader.nds from a ds cart and select first oprion1 , and if it doesn't work do it again and select option 2.
oh yeah that must be it, thanks for the reply.

Frozen Wizard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'm creating a new text document "title.db" in the dB's folder.....do I need to remove file extensions so I can make a "file" and not text doc?

try this. after follow step 7 and 8 DONT go to step 9 first. you need to Settings --> Data Management --> Nintendo 3DS --> Software --> Ask you to format and press yes. and then follow step 9.

Reactions: Digital.One.Entity

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm creating a new text document "title.db" in the dB's folder.....do I need to remove file extensions so I can make a "file" and not text doc?

Yes. If you have problems changing extensions (for windowa hiding them) there is a pakage of Palantine CFW with the two .db files ready to use. or you can copy the two files from another 3ds.

After this remember to go in data management and make reformat the two files.

Reactions: Digital.One.Entity

sengitan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi, why i always failed to connect to my console when try installing devmenu? i've trying ur method like for a thsnd times but, still failed to connect.
sometime my console get freeze when entering/closing browser after boot with cfw..

sorry, bad english. may someone find solution to install devmenu without run.bat thx

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think this tutorial could use a few extra steps
most importantly between steps 8-9 you need to go to data management and 3ds data management to make your title.db and import.db into real files rather than just blank files.
the guide does not work at all missing that step.
also mention in step 3 that there are two launcher.dat files and you will most likely have to delete the original and rename the Launcher_GW.dat
those are some very critical flaws in the guide following it exactly does not work since you missed a few steps.

it couldn't hurt to mention how to install the mset exploit either but that's not really a flaw in the guide like the other things i mentioned.

pontum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
my friends 3ds is stuck on step 9
instead of flashing white and going into cfw it just says
"An error has occurred.
forcing the software to close.
The system will now restart.
(Unsaved data may be lost.)"
any idea what the problem could be?
Delete Launcher.dat. Rename Launcher_gw.dat to launcher.dat then place in SD card.

There are missing steps in the tutorial. If you know how to install CFW, you would know what the missing steps are, but if you don't, then you would get stuck following this tutorial.

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I would like to change the game region or make the game region free instead of changing the NAND region.

Is there a way to make these region-free? Or just change the region? Thank you.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Hi, I would like to change the game region or make the game region free instead of changing the NAND region.

Is there a way to make these region-free? Or just change the region? Thank you.
Yes but then you lose the whole point of a clean file...

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would I lose the whole point of a clean file?

I was thinking even when patched for region-free (or another region), these clean files can still be installed and played on emuNAND via MSET launched by MT-Launcher-Classic-Mode without MT-Card. Is this not the case?

Yes but then you lose the whole point of a clean file...

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Why would I lose the whole point of a clean file?

I was thinking even when patched for region-free (or another region), these clean files can still be installed and played on emuNAND via MSET launched by MT-Launcher-Classic-Mode without MT-Card. Is this not the case?

Because any kind of edit, including enabling region free makes your legit CIA not being legit anymore, it's been altered so it won't boot in sysnand, it should still appear in CFW and Gateway but then you don't need legit CIAS for those.

Neo89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys quick question regarding installing new clean cia games. do we really need to do step 17 and forward all over again every time we install newer games?

Loaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys quick question regarding installing new clean cia games. do we really need to do step 17 and forward all over again every time we install newer games?

Kind of.

You can't downgrade your 9.6 emunand in any way, and you can't install anything into it since you can't use cfw and gw doesn't even work on 9.6 yet (though if you have a gateway this whole clean/legit .cia thing is a waste of your time anyways).

But I do different steps than Chaldron, which I think are easier (your mileage may vary).

First of all, once I have my 4.5 cfw set up with devmenu installed, I do a full backup of my SD with "HDD raw copy tool". This backup can be injected later to skip having to set up your cfw again if you want different games.

But I don't need the gateway launcher at all once I have 4.5 cfw set up. The only reason Chaldron seems to be using it is because cfw emunand (sometimes called rednand) is not compatible with gw/rxTools emunand. But the only difference is for some reason a cfw emunand has 200 bytes of dummy data at the beginning.

So what I do is;

1.) Have cfw set up with devmenu (chaldron's older 4.5 cfw tutorial is a good guide for doing this)

2.) Install as many legit .cias as I can fit on my SD (if you really want to maximize the number of games you can fit, you can usually fit one more game by sending it over the network the same way you installed devmenu by holding L and using that mode along with the installcia/run.bat.)

3.) Take SD out of 3DS, insert into computer's SD reader

4.) Using HxD (a good free hex editor) I choose edit>select block> and select blocks with starting offset 200 and ending offset 3BA001FF, then I copy those blocks and paste them into a new file in hxd (ctrl +c, ctrl +n, ctrl +v). NOTE: depending on your NAND size you might need to copy from starting offset 200 to a different ending offset. In order to be certain which offset to end on, check the size of the NAND.bin dump you should already have (made with gw launcher) and convert it's size into hexadecimal (just use a DEC to HEX converter on the internet, very easy). Whatever your NAND size is in hexadecimal, add 1FF to that and that should give you the "ending offset" to use when using the "select block" command in HxD.

5.) Still in HxD, save the new file that you copied those blocks into as "4.5 emunand.bin" or whatever you think a good name would be

6.) Using emunand tool, which you will already have, just select the "4.5 emunand.bin" you just saved and inject it to your SD

From there you just boot into rxTools making sure you obviously have the firmware.bin, slot0x25KeyX.bin, and rxTools.dat file on your SD root, and make sure you're in RX-E mode in system settings (your firmware with start with RX-E, not RX-S or 4.5) and update without leaving system settings. NOTE: it might be necessary to remove the update nag from sysnand before you update, by holding L + R + A + UP (with wifi on) while turning on your 3DS which will boot you straight to a screen about updating, where you choose cancel which removes the update nag.

If you want to have multiple 9.6 emunands set up with multiple games, you can use "hdd raw copy tool" to make full sd backups and then just inject your different backups to switch games. NOTE: in order to preserve your saves you will need to backup every time you switch

I only have to do this because I'm using my 32gb SD for 4.5 cfw, and using an 8GB SD for legit .cias/9.6 emunand. If you have a 16GB SD you can fit most of the current legit .cias, in which case you'd only ever have to do this process if in the future some more legit .cias that you want come out (which I am thinking won't happen much, since Nintendo is likely to stop including these universal .cias in console bundles in the future)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ding dong