How to use Monster Hunter 4 Editor

Hi guys, since finally I fixed important bugs of the editor, I decided to make a little guide of how to use the web tool.

WARNING: IF YOU USE INTERNET EXPLORER, BETTER CHANGE TO AN OTHER LIKE CHROME.

Steps:

• Registration ( If you don't have an account) / Upload the save
  • Login
  • Edit the save
  • Download the save

Registration ( If you don't have an account) / Upload the save

Okay I want to use the tool, what I need do first to start?

First you must go to: http://mh4editor.x10host.com and click register button or go to http://mh4editor.x10host.com/register.

Then fill the form. The last field is the user1 file. You can upload at register time or after login, as you want.

i959izh.png

Login

If everythings go fine, you will be redirected to login page. Introduce your username and password and make login.

06oonVl.png

For those who don't trust, here is a screenshot of the user table. As you can see, the password is encrypted.
r0dBhqc.png

Edit the save

Once you make login, you will be redirected to main page. In main page you will see a item list which you can buy. Buy action consumes your ingame zenies. At the moment character custiomization is not implemented yet nor left side panel isn't activated. In your profile (mine didix16) you can see some info about your save like character colors, money, HR, hunter name, etc.

GstmrrO.png

How to buy?

Click hover an item. Buy button will appear. Click on it. A buy dialog will appear. Select amount of units do you want to buy. Click buy. When dialog dissapears means that your item has successfully inserted into your save. Watch out your money!

6kJmytm.png

Download the save

So, finally I edited my save... And now how can I get it back to my 3ds?

1.) Click hover File. File menu will appear.
2.) Click hover MH4U Save file
3.) Whoala!! Finally I gotta the user1 file edited. Now I can import to 3DS and continue playing ^-^

9XVHgaN.png

Extra:

Also the talisman generator is working.

You can select the talisman type, number of slots, 2 abilities and the amout of each one.

At the moment the abilities descriptions are only available in Spanish because I only have spanish data.

Still to complete the english descriptions data. Don't affect the functionallity.

6xwRSg5.png

Fill the fields and finally click hover "Generate the talisman". You will see the hammer become animated. When the animation finishes you will know that the talisman has been generated.

If it never stops will mean that some error has ocurred.

Y1LmtMa.png

Well that's all.
Please if you encounter some bugs send me a pm to improve the editor. Thanks to all. I hope you enjoy this tool :)

beefsloth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for bringing the website back up today! Love what's available so far and wouldn't mind if you stopped working on it(other than getting talisman stuff english) altogether, as long as the website stayed up or an offline version was made but than nobody would have to use real ingame currency. Also, I thought it was possible to pay with caravan points but never see the option.

Reactions: didix16

Kimura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thx for your reply :) i found my failture :) i got tubehax btw. but i used the save data manager wrong. i didn`t see that i could switch the game/tool which i could backup. i thought i would see a list with all games/tools which i could backup.

Reactions: didix16

didix16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am getting a File Size Incorrect error. I dumped my save file twice using SDF and transferred it to my computer using FTPony (using binary-mode transfer of course). Am I doing something wrong?
Send me your file. I use SDF and I havn't problems but I don't use FTPony, maybe is that the problem I don't know. Just send me your file or tell me what size it has

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks for bringing the website back up today! Love what's available so far and wouldn't mind if you stopped working on it(other than getting talisman stuff english) altogether, as long as the website stayed up or an offline version was made but than nobody would have to use real ingame currency. Also, I thought it was possible to pay with caravan points but never see the option.
Yeah, that was an other idea, pay with caravan points that's why items has two prices: zenies and caravan points. Is just that I don't implemented now because I'm thinking some other ideas before implement that. Maybe the character customization will use caravan points.

Fuwa Nybra

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
upload my save, create charm and download, but in the game I only see that all armor were created in my box and I lose everything I had

12021996_10207341249870810_718770469_n.jpg

Last edited by Fuwa Nybra,

didix16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
card1

it is exactly 494,592 bytes

PS. I am using the EUR eShop version. Not the cartridge version.
You have to extract user1 file form the sav using SDF or save manager

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

upload my save, create charm and download, but in the game I only see that all armor were created in my box and I lose everything I had

12021996_10207341249870810_718770469_n.jpg
I fixed that. I just upladed a wrong file while updating the app. Sorry :(

dufruffo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I have MH4 cartridge and I'm trying to extract the save from it using the homebrew "save_manager" (I can't use gateway because I'm sadly on 9.9...), but everytime I try, the homebew crush just before I can choose to backup or restore. With other games didn't happen but with MH3 and MH4 it crush. I'm doing wrong something?

vqoley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
when i upload my save file, buy item then download again my save file then export to my game. i play it, when i look equipment in my box, all my equipment changes to axe. my box going to full of axe. i know this is not my fault, i already beackup it, i open new account then buy other item then i export to my game. i try play it but it still same my box full of axe. please fix that.

didix16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No there is no way to use the powersave. If anyone could extract the userX files from powersave , that would be great!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person