Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
The english voice actors are horrible and pretending they're not is ridiculous. The only ones who think theyre good are the passionate anti-weebs who just want to hate anyone who like anything japanese. They have ZERO emotions. Hearing Zelda cry in english made me want to shut off the game immediately. Let's not go into the fact that their voices don't match the character AT ALL
Oh what the hell ever. I'm not even knocking the Japanese dub (or any other dub for that matter) but liking the Japanese one for the sake of it being Japanese is biased and rather pathetic. I'm anti-weeb because I can't stand ignorance, not Japan. Someone should love a work of art for what it actually is and not for biased opinions.

Don't kid yourself; she sounds just as bad crying in the Japanese dub too. I'm not even anti-weeb.
Goron, Rito and Gerudo champions sound just fine in English too. Mipha sounds awkward though but even then her brother was great.
I thought Mipha sounded a little too similar to Zelda and a bit seductive, but I still liked her.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Here's how to change a flat tire/tyre"
-- OMG! That tire sucks.
-- Yeah! The spare sucks too.
-- Did you hear the hot air hissing out of the other tire? Awful!
-- I think the tire is fine.
-- Only a clueless tire lover would think that garbage is fine, you clueless tire lover!​
-- Hey, I changed my tire but now the hubcap won't go on. HELP!
-- Who cares. No hubcap is going to make that tire look right.​

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
"Here's how to change a flat tire/tyre"
-- OMG! That tire sucks.
-- Yeah! The spare sucks too.
-- Did you hear the hot air hissing out of the other tire? Awful!
-- I think the tire is fine.
-- Only a clueless tire lover would think that garbage is fine, you clueless tire lover!​
-- Hey, I changed my tire but now the hubcap won't go on. HELP!
-- Who cares. No hubcap is going to make that tire look right.​
Nice analogy, heh.

bobrocks95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a sad, sentimental son of a gun who much prefers to use original discs and make things harder and worse for myself. Is there a way to use Cafiine or something to inject the voice files into the disc version?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Oh what the hell ever. I'm not even knocking the Japanese dub (or any other dub for that matter) but liking the Japanese one for the sake of it being Japanese is biased and rather pathetic. I'm anti-weeb because I can't stand ignorance, not Japan. Someone should love a work of art for what it actually is and not for biased opinions.

I thought Mipha sounded a little too similar to Zelda and a bit seductive, but I still liked her.

My reasoning for preferring Japanese in most games where it is option is because it seems English female actors get away underacting stuff like crying, yells or screams. In zelda's case everyone points out to crying, which is clear and some other country's actors also nail but the English actor just underdelivers heavily with it. Japanese actors are very bombastic and unrealistic in their own right, but they deliver screaming, crying etc.

That said I probably am not bothering with undubbing the game anytime soon I am enjoying it enough and voice acted sequences thus far have been very rare. Lot of the English voices are OK enough too.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the English voices are weird whats weird is them having voices lol, but its whatever only reason Im interested in JPN dub is the sheer fact I have the ability to customize
the game at my liking's its an option thats normally not there, so whats the harm? Weeb this Weeb that shits getting old tbh its like its taboo to have an interest in another culture, personal preference is a thing you know.
At this rate some of you might aswell make up more names for other counties that we have an interest in

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
My reasoning for preferring Japanese in most games where it is option is because it seems English female actors get away underacting stuff like crying, yells or screams. In zelda's case everyone points out to crying, which is clear and some other country's actors also nail but the English actor just underdelivers heavily with it. Japanese actors are very bombastic and unrealistic in their own right, but they deliver screaming, crying etc.

That said I probably am not bothering with undubbing the game anytime soon I am enjoying it enough and voice acted sequences thus far have been very rare. Lot of the English voices are OK enough too.
"Unrealistic" is the keyword there. I hate to reference this, but it's relevant.

https://youtu.be/OFQQALduhzA?t=249

I don't think the English voices are weird whats weird is them having voices lol, but its whatever only reason Im interested in JPN dub is the sheer fact I have the ability to customize
the game at my liking's its an option thats normally not there, so whats the harm? Weeb this Weeb that shits getting old tbh its like its taboo to have an interest in another culture, personal preference is a thing you know.
At this rate some of you might aswell make up more names for other counties that we have an interest in
Nobody said it was bad to have an interest in a culture. Being a weaboo means you're insufferable about it, which is bad.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'm pointing out is that Weeb is constantly being used out of its context so badly nowadays. Playing a game with JPN dub or even watching anime has nothing to do with being a weeb
is the point im trying to say. When someone even mentions undub weeb is always slandered into the topic. Being a weeb means to be a Japanese "Poser" in simple terms

Reactions: FlappyFalco

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
"Unrealistic" is the keyword there. I hate to reference this, but it's relevant.

Nobody said it was bad to have an interest in a culture. Being a weaboo means you're insufferable about it, which is bad.

Yes, I seen that video and enough footage of actual Japanese conversations. But like said I really appreciate the small things - It almost feels English Female actors are let off the hook when it comes to screams or whatever on that ballpark.

Like said, I am staying with English because the game needs to be something like Neptunia for me to care, full of English female actors underdelivering, game lacking half the voiced scenes in English and being very weeb in it's own right so Japanese is way to go with that.

Reactions: FlappyFalco

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I seen that video and enough footage of actual Japanese conversations. But like said I really appreciate the small things - It almost feels English Female actors are let off the hook when it comes to screams or whatever on that ballpark.

Like said, I am staying with English because the game needs to be something like Neptunia for me to care, full of English female actors underdelivering, game lacking half the voiced scenes in English and being very weeb in it's own right so Japanese is way to go with that.
Yeah I agree for the most part its probably easier for them to get away with in this game with a few lines here and there. What I have noticed is that female English actors are really great at portraying a goddess like voice other than anything else. So I can't see the English hate here.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yeah I agree for the most part its probably easier for them to get away with in this game with a few lines here and there. What I have noticed is that female English actors are really great at portraying a goddess like voice other than anything else. So I can't see the English hate here.

I am sure they COULD do it, but it is like they don't want to and directors are not insistent on getting them to do it or something, western special treatment is my hypothesis but it might be wrong. I am sure they can do it because big profile games that are fully western usually get it down but they also have actors few calibers higher.

We need a Female Troy baker. Or just get Troy baker voice females. Then finally all is perfect.
I am not completely trolling, Troy may be less agreeable these days and not doing the Anime roles he actually fits very well in these days, but I like his voice and roles god darn it!

Reactions: MasterJ360

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sure they COULD do it, but it is like they don't want to and directors are not insistent on getting them to do it or something, western special treatment is my hypothesis but it might be wrong. I am sure they can do it because big profile games that are fully western usually get it down but they also have actors few calibers higher.

We need a Female Troy baker. Or just get Troy baker voice females. Then finally all is perfect.
I am not completely trolling, Troy may be less agreeable these days and not doing the Anime roles he actually fits very well in these days, but I like his voice and roles god darn it!
Wow a care free female Troy Baker or Reuben Langdon is what we really need. I dont know what it is with female protagonists acting like Lightning Clones, which Velvet from Berseria reminded me of. I honestly can't think of 1 female protagonist that has a care free expression. Well if Dante from DMC had a daughter I guess that would be the entry point

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States

I have yet to reach the part where Zelda cries, so I have yet to determine whether or not her actress's acting is half-assed or not. When I get there I'll either bow out if it's terrible or butt slam you all if it's not.

Reactions: MinishCaper55

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have yet to reach the part where Zelda cries, so I have yet to determine whether or not her actress's acting is half-assed or not. When I get there I'll either bow out if it's terrible or butt slam you all if it's not.
Slam away my friend :)

Last edited by MasterJ360, , Reason: can't spell

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Wow a care free female Troy Baker or Reuben Langdon is what we really need. I dont know what it is with female protagonists acting like Lightning Clones, which Velvet from Berseria reminded me of. I honestly can't think of 1 female protagonist that has a care free expression. Well if Dante from DMC had a daughter I guess that would be the entry point

Yeah. Weirdest thing is Velvet has same voice actor as Vert from neptunia, so the actress has lot of range and distinct voice for different kinds of situations but yeah - I liked berseria but I was not in absolute love with it.
That said I think one part of why people like Neptunia knowing it is not a perfection of gaming or even close, is because it's cast is that much carefree. But at this point we are swaying from the main point.

To be fair, I was the one who points out cries as a very good objective thing you can compare straight where it seems some actors can underdeliver and get OK'd and others just deliver.

The part was in the official trailer shown in at least 7 different languages so...

Everyone else nails it better than English (arguably the most important) voice actor.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
stop it, the voices are bad in all versions. Stop this Japanese is superior bullshit because it sucks too.
I wish I could like this post 10000 times.

MAST3RF0X

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mypizzatube.com
XP
Country
Italy
... here's a guide on how to switch the voices....

Did you know that I'm going crazy everytime I play a game without original voices? (Lucky at least Wonderful 101, really a great game, have the switch in the settings menu).

However, if inside the folder there is all those voice, I was asking my self if itsn't faster to mod only cos.xml forcing the region? It should start with the choosen region. (I've tryed it with Loadiine in the past, so it should work for installed games). Something like this : "<argstr type=”string” length=”4096″>main.rpx -region EUR</argstr>".
This is only a "workaround" in mind mind. Doesn't means it will work.

Yesterday I was searching a way to "switch" the language to Japanes for Sonic & All start Racing Transformed without all those mods (decrypt, mod, encrypt ecc ecc). Maybe with Cafiine it can be done easily ... but you must have your PC running.

However thank you a lot, this help me a lot to implement my idea.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The part was in the official trailer shown in at least 7 different languages so...

Everyone else nails it better than English (arguably the most important) voice actor.

Great Voice Review! Like it a lot!

FlappyFalco

Smile, No Matter How Bad it Gets~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Did you know that I'm going crazy everytime I play a game without original voices? (Lucky at least Wonderful 101, really a great game, have the switch in the settings menu).

However, if inside the folder there is all those voice, I was asking my self if itsn't faster to mod only cos.xml forcing the region? It should start with the choosen region. (I've tryed it with Loadiine in the past, so it should work for installed games). Something like this : "<argstr type=”string” length=”4096″>main.rpx -region EUR</argstr>".
This is only a "workaround" in mind mind. Doesn't means it will work.

Yesterday I was searching a way to "switch" the language to Japanes for Sonic & All start Racing Transformed without all those mods (decrypt, mod, encrypt ecc ecc). Maybe with Cafiine it can be done easily ... but you must have your PC running.

However thank you a lot, this help me a lot to implement my idea

In the game directory (use FTPU Everywhere for example), there is a System folder, and Region txt file.
Open this in a hex editor and change your language to JAP (i think it's JPjp i don't remember).
Polish is EUpl IIRC, so just change it to JPjp.
But I'm not sure the game has JAP files though (check the voices directory, i dont remember seeing it).

This guy managed to do something like that. But it changes the subs as well, which is not something most people want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse