[Tutorial] How to "Undub" Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by FlappyFalco, Mar 7, 2017.

1. seam

seam GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    how do u do this? the OP makes it sound like you cant use ftp for this. "(no, FtpiiU Everywhere does not let you rename a folder in a game you've already installed, unfortunately)"

2. speckxz

speckxz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2016
    Here's the FTP method. It assumes you already have the game installed. After doing this once, you won't need to use homebrew again when launching the game.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Just change the .bars files back to the english ones and those will go back to normal. Not sure if they'll be in Japanese or in English but the sounds will play at least. They get messed up if you change the .bars files.

3. Mizo

Mizo はじめまして私わみぞです、よろしく。

May 27, 2016
    United States
    I've modded the game and teste it on Cemu and it worked but if I repack/encrypt that game and install it on my WiiU should it work? I mean it has the update and the DLC in the same content folder.

4. speckxz

speckxz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2016
    I don't think it'll install properly if you've merged the updates.

FlappyFalco and Mizo like this.
  5. Mizo

Mizo はじめまして私わみぞです、よろしく。

May 27, 2016
    United States
    Dang! well I'll have to repack the game again xD

Thanks!

6. eyeball226

eyeball226 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2009
    Well, you didn't directly answer my question, but I take it I need to keep all the bars files the English versions?

7. speckxz

speckxz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2016
    Sorry, yes. You need to keep all the .bars as the English ones.

8. botwpoking

botwpoking Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2017
    Regarding the missing lines not on Voices, I tried comparing the games' files. Everything is exactly the same except for the regional files (USen) and they don't seem to be there.

Made a thread looking for help if anyone's interested.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-needed-repacking-breath-of-the-wilds-yaz0-szs-sblarc.464950/

9. Missing Number

Missing Number GBAtemp Regular

Sep 18, 2003
    Canada
    now stop me if you heard this, how possible is it to replace the music in this game with the better ones from any of the previous zelda titles (including but not limited to, Hyrule Warriors) ?

10. speckxz

speckxz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2016
    You want to replace the files in the sound/resource/stream folder. Get bfstm files from the Smash Custom Music site and then rename them to the names of the files you want to replace. FTP them across to your console or repack them, SDCafiine, whatever method you want.

[​IMG]

FlappyFalco likes this.
  11. FlappyFalco
    OP

FlappyFalco Smile, No Matter How Bad it Gets~

Oct 11, 2015
    Ireland
    The deepest recesses of my mind
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you need the permissions granted by a CFW like Mocha to use FTPiiU Everywhere?

Anyway, I didn't think the FTP method would work because I couldn't open or rename any of the the folders in "Voice" with it ("directory listing failed"). It's handy if you already have the game installed off the eShop. I might add it to the OP (crediting you and linking to your video, of course)

12. speckxz

speckxz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2016
    Yes, but if you use Mocha+FSHax then it seems to give access to all the files (the FSHax part allowing the full access). I can't access anything other than SD card if I just use FTPiiUeverywhere, but if I run Mocha+FSHax beforehand, I'm able to change any of the files I like in Voice and therefore I assume in any other folder I want to as well, such as the soundstream folders from the post above.

Feel free to add my video to the OP. Thanks for the credit.

FlappyFalco likes this.
  13. seam

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    hey i appreciate this tutorial, but when i get to the part where im trying to upload the folders, filezilla just keeps saying "critical file transfer error" and ive loaded mocha+fshax, so i should be able to write to the nand right? i have the game on my nand, not usb.

14. seam

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    yea, falppyfalco is right, this wont work if its installed to your nand. only for usb :( that sux

15. speckxz

speckxz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2016
    Someone told me that it worked for them installed to their nand, but I haven't personally tried. Sorry to hear that it isn't working for you.

16. seam

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    If someone can verify they have been able to overwrite those files on the nand, i would like to know. but from what i can tell this only works on usb. i hope there is a way to do this on nand : /

17. speckxz

speckxz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2016
    Like I say, someone told me that it worked for them. Is it stored on _slc or _mlc for you? It was _mlc for him. Which FTP client are you using?

18. seam

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    it is stored in _mlc and im using filezilla

19. speckxz

speckxz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2016
    OK. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work then. I know "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" is a bit of a cliché, but it did help me once when I was getting a transfer error.

20. seam

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    yea i tried that several times, and i tried several different versions of filezilla