Tutorial How to play online with ANY Header on Sky3DS!!! No worries about Manufacturer ID!

Did this tutorial work for you?

• Yes

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

phoenix_wrong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this worked perfectly for me! If anyone is having problems with this I think 'rewriting roms' is an important step. I tried to just change the template and it wouldn't work but when i rewrote the roms it worked! Not sure if this just me.

Thanks for this tutorial! I have a question though, do backup saves work if the Chip/Cart ID is different?

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for this tutorial! I have a question though, do backup saves work if the Chip/Cart ID is different?

I tried a lot and didnt make it to work. (the save-state was backed up, but couldnt go online)

I only tested 2 roms, so u may try for yourself, maybe works with different games.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried a lot and didnt make it to work. (the save-state was backed up, but couldnt go online)

I only tested 2 roms, so u may try for yourself, maybe works with different games.
change the manufacturer id is another option, since i find out with AE m.id, the gw patcher still recognize it as c2. so, try out
C2, AE, 45 these 3 m.id
Hope this can help

Reactions: vijankush

phoenix_wrong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I got it to work, but I did it slightly differently than this tutorial because this only patches one game at a time, while mine you can patch multiple ones and has the same idea. The mistake I was making was not rewriting the games.

1. Used No Ban No Sky to patch the newest template.txt . This will replace all the headers with your private header. Rename the template (i.e. private0810.txt).
2. Open Gateway ROM Patcher 'as administrator' and Load the 3ds ROM you want to play online.
3. Click 'Import header from file' and select your private header.
4. You'll see popups, click 'Yes' to all of them. This is so the Patcher can suggest the correct Chip ID.
5. Open your patched template.txt with any text editor. Search(ctrl+f) for the Game Serial of your rom (you can find the serial at the top of the Patcher).
6. Copy the Chip ID at the bottom of the Gateway ROM Patcher
7. Place it where the Chip ID is for your game. There might be more than one instance of the game serial so be sure to patch their Chip IDs too.
8. Save the template.txt and use it in your Diskwriter. (make sure you put this template in your Diskwriter before writing your rom)
9. Write your rom to your microsd.
10. Your game should play online now!

P.s after patching the chip IDs so that your template works online for your selected ROMs I suggest changing the template name again (i.e online0810.txt).

I'm not sure if this would work for everyone but it worked for me! Let me know if this works.

Last edited by phoenix_wrong,
D

Deleted User

I got it to work, but I did it slightly differently than this tutorial because this only patches one game at a time, while mine you can patch multiple ones and has the same idea. The mistake I was making was not rewriting the games.

1. Used No Ban No Sky to patch the newest template.txt, to replace all the headers with my private header. rename the template (i.e. private0810.txt)
2. Open Gateway ROM Patcher 'as administrator' and Load the 3ds ROM you want to play online.
3. Click 'Import header from file' and select your private header.
4. You'll see popups, click 'Yes' to all of them. This is so the Patcher can suggest the correct Chip ID
5. Open your patched template.txt with any text editor. Search for the Game Serial of your rom (you can find the serial at the top of the Patcher).
6. Copy the Chip ID at the bottom of the Gateway ROM Patcher
7. Place it where the Chip ID is for your game. There might be more than one instance of the game serial so patch those Chip IDs too.
8. Save the template and use it in your Diskwriter. (make sure you put this template in your Diskwriter before writing your rom)
9. Write your rom to your microsd.
10. Your game should play online now!

I'm not sure if this would work for everyone but it worked for me! Let me know if this works.

Worked perfectly phoenix, thank you!

phoenix_wrong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked perfectly phoenix, thank you!
No problem! Glad it worked for you. I had a lot of trouble going online with my roms not matching the Chip ID of my header and found the current tutorials to not work for me. So I made this method & so far it works with every game I've tried.

D

Deleted User

No problem! Glad it worked for you. I had a lot of trouble going online with my roms not matching the Chip ID of my header and found the current tutorials to not work for me. So I made this method & so far it works with every game I've tried.

Same here, every game works great.

Luke Alder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to update that i just got able to get online on omêga ruby

Alpha sapphire dont work with anything i did, but omega ruby worked perfectly, and both show here as C2 manufacter id.

Really dont know if the AE ph worked on this C2 rom or if in fact this one is also AE chip.

This thread was really usefull, thanks!
will i get banned for using this method

mushroomstix

Trophies
XP
Country
does the game cartridge u get the private header from need to be an online game or can it be any 3ds game?

and also just to clarify with this method you only need one physical game cartridge and it doesn't matter what the manufacturer id is?

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
does the game cartridge u get the private header from need to be an online game or can it be any 3ds game?

and also just to clarify with this method you only need one physical game cartridge and it doesn't matter what the manufacturer id is?

PH can come from any game.

No. U may need more than one ph. Or u maybe can make it all work with just one. Its tricky to be sure, u can only test it a lot. Some games are pretty easy to setup, others sometimes have problems.

Luke Alder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

No. U may need more than one ph. Or u maybe can make it all work with just one. Its tricky to be sure, u can only test it a lot. Some games are pretty easy to setup, others sometimes have problems.
tried it with pokemon X,Y,AS,OR with 2 headers and dont work on either

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and how can you tell the manufatuar id from a private header

Luke Alder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

what does imgcrc mean mean and how come pomemon OR and AS have different id names then what it says on my diskwriter

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
tried it with pokemon X,Y,AS,OR with 2 headers and dont work on either

Are u sure u did patch this roms?
Are u writing or doing a backup on the diskwritter?

Dont forget to run both gateway patcher and diskwritter as administrator.

Also are u doing some backup of save state? cause think u cant do this and change the template at the same time by the reason of how the pokemon-games saves works, they are card 2 games.

U are u manufacturer on the same place where u took the ph, gateway patcher.

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i am doing and i was given the 2 ph

Given how?

Did u bought it or did u lend the cartridge to someone u trust?
Ask for the original dump and open it on gateway patcher

Its all a matter of template for going online. I have X, Y and ORAS running perfectly. So if u are absolutely doing all steps right so the only thing i can think is happening to u is that u got a public header.

Luke Alder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Given how?

Did u bought it or did u lend the cartridge to someone u trust?
Ask for the original dump and open it on gateway patcher

Its all a matter of template for going online. I have X, Y and ORAS running perfectly. So if u are absolutely doing all steps right so the only thing i can think is happening to u is that u got a public header.
no i was given one and i bought one and whats the chip id for all four pokemon games and whats the difference between a naad and a eeprom game

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
no i was given one and i bought one and whats the chip id for all four pokemon games and whats the difference between a naad and a eeprom game

The difference is in the savegame function. Usually the save goes to the SD card on the console whereas on card 2 games they are saved directly on the cartridge.

And they dont have the same chip. Actually i have found out that each version of the couples(like X & Y and OR & AS) have a different m.ID than the other.

Luke Alder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The difference is in the savegame function. Usually the save goes to the SD card on the console whereas on card 2 games they are saved directly on the cartridge.

And they dont have the same chip. Actually i have found out that each version of the couples(like X & Y and OR & AS) have a different m.ID than the other.
which region are you using USA or EUR

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans