Tutorial  Updated

How to install HomemenuHax on O3DS/N3DS by Yellows8

How to install HomemenuHax on O3DS and N3DS

Notes: This method cannot currently run all homebrew. You need to already have a way of entry into homebrew for this.THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH CUSTOM THEMES.

I didn't make this app.

If you want the inverse of this (like auto booting to HBM), look here. (The inverse is by Steveice.)

This is my first tutorial

Okay, so to start off, we need to download the boot.3dsx file; this is the file used for the homebrew menu. You may choose to use the default boot file, found here, or a modified boot file like the homebrew launcher with the grid layout. Put this on the root of your SD card. (This should already be there if you have used homebrew before.)

Next, we want to download this homebrew app. This is what will trigger the exploit upon startup if certain conditions are made. In this case, it is if the L button is pressed at startup. Put that folder after extraction into the 3DS folder.

Now run the App from the 3DS homebrew exploit of your choice and then follow the on screen instructions from there.

Now when you boot up your 3DS, press and hold L and the system should run the exploit!

Last edited by NoNoNeko,

HAMMARZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It did, but I fixed it. Still won't show up. I've got the files on the root of the card, in a folder in the 3ds folder where the other homebrew folders go, and in a folder on the root. Nothing shows up. No spaces in any file names.

NoNoNeko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It did, but I fixed it. Still won't show up. I've got the files on the root of the card, in a folder in the 3ds folder where the other homebrew folders go, and in a folder on the root. Nothing shows up. No spaces in any file names.

Name the 3DSX and SMDH file the same as the folder if it has not already.

erenbc

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you give a little more info please? Like firmware verson, etc.
i am using 9.2.0-20 rx and i installed via ninjhax.it said installation succesfull.but when i boot up the my 3ds by pressing left trigger nothing happens.i have to use rxtools launcher to switch between sysnand and emunand.

NoNoNeko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am using 9.2.0-20 rx and i installed via ninjhax.it said installation succesfull.but when i boot up the my 3ds by pressing left trigger nothing happens.i have to use rxtools launcher to switch between sysnand and emunand.

Hmmm.... Try reinstalling it, delete the theme cache and try again. I am not too sure....

andrew weeks

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys
Well, i've already installed themehax, now i am able to boot HBL and Pasta without my sky 3ds (now it feels like a big waste of money, it cost 92€).The problem is that i don't like the default white theme. Before this i had the simple blue theme.Is it possible to switch back without deleting the hax?
Sorry for my poor english

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I put the stuff on the SD card and then when i use browser exploit to launch I get a webpage with a bar on it and then it crashes the browser. I don't see what I'm missing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)