part time fe modder
OP
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
Disclaimer:
- Unfortunately, the japan version of ironfall cost ¥1500 Yen. Sorry all JP 3ds users ): (thanks user who I forgot that mentioned it) (JPN Ironfall only has 1.2, so Ironhax does NOT work on JP consoles.
- Thanks @seb5049 for the return to HBL keybutton tip!
-According to some Users Ironfall 1.0 was removed. Please make sure if it's present or not. That'll be appreciated (:
JUST A WARNING TO EVERYONE: Ironfall 1.0/1.1 is still on the eShop. It will have the New Icon, but should still be 1.0/1.1 when downloaded.

Note:
- If you already have old IronFall v1.0 or v1.1, this is NOT for you!
- If you downloaded the New IronFall (1.2), Delete it first before you go on!
- Your system has to be on 10.3 or 10.2
- Once installed: MenuHax = No Internet needed - BrowserHax = Internet needed - IronHax = No Internet needed!
- To avoid problems (like the keep loading screen) you best run "eShop Old Version Downloader" from "MenuHax", not BrowserHax, so after you entered HBL through BrowserHax, install MenuHax!

Optional:
- Set your Theme to the normal White one, or change theme to blue and back to white once to avoid MenuHax installing problems, not really needed, but if you encounter problems do this!

01. Go to http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ and download the new starter pack (under the section "Preparing your SD card") and unpack it to the root of your SD.
(Optional: If you already have /3ds folder and boot.3dsx, make a backup of this and remove them, to use a clean starter Homebrew SD, you can place the files and folder back later!)

eovd.png

If not starting with a cleann /3ds folder, remove any previous folder on your SD from "menuhax_manager" and overwrite the rest
03. Boot your (N)3DS (XL) or 2DS into HBL (Homebrew Launcher), through the new BrowserHax (http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php) This is for O3DS and N3DS (or scan the QR code from this screenshot)

eovd01.png
eovd02.jpg

04. Make sure your system boots into the original HBL and not any mod (gridlauncher etc...)
04a. While you are in HBL, you can aswell first install the new MenuHax v2.1, so you can start HBL through it later, even offline, instead of using the new BrowserHax.
Note: No other settings are needed for now, you can configure MenuHax later IF you want

eovd04.jpg
eovd05.jpg

05. After installing MenuHax, Power off your system and reboot it while holding the "L" button to boot HBL, once HBL is loaded you see a new eShop icon "eShop old version Downloader" boot it
06. This will boot eShop, seems very normal, once into eshop search "IronFall" and download it

eovd06.jpg
eovd07.jpg
eovd08.jpg
eovd10.jpg

07. After downloading it, it seems you can't go back to Home with the Home button, but you can with holding down "L+R+DOWN+B" to go back to the HBL, then press "START" in HBL to reboot your system.
08. Start IronFall 1 time to make a save file (Don't update / just Ignore the update warning)
09. Now boot back into HBL through MenuHax or BrowserHax and start IronFall installer, Choose your save slot and leave the rest as is, the installer recognizes your version and your Sysnand version.
Note: For most it will be 1.0, unless you had a 1.1 version previously downloaded and accidently wiped, the version will be 1.1 after the download (updates don't seem to get wiped if you remove a game?)

eovd11.jpg
eovd12.jpg
eovd16.jpg

09a. Optional, repeat for the 2 other save slots (it doesn't hurt in case you or someone else overwrites the save)
10. Boot back into 10.3 sysnand and start IronFall again.
11. In IronFall choose your IronHax save and boot it, this will boot HBL (No internet needed anymore)

eovd17.jpg
eovd18.jpg

Note:
- If you are having problems redownloading old IronFall v1.0/v1.1 after you had installed v1.2 (eShop Old Version Downloader, downloads v1.2 instead of v1.0/1.1)

Try this:
After deleting IronFall from your (N)3DS(XL)/2DS, go to your SD and try removing the following folder if they are there!: (We don't know if it solves the problem, but it's worth trying out)

x:\Nintendo 3DS\xxxxxx\xxxxxx\title\00040000\0015b100\ (EU)
x:\Nintendo 3DS\xxxxxx\xxxxxx\title\0004000e\0015b100\ (EU)
x:\Nintendo 3DS\xxxxxx\xxxxxx\title\0004008c\0015b100\ (EU)
Also check x:\Nintendo 3DS\xxxxxx\xxxxxx\extdata\00000000\ if there's a 0015b100 folder, if so remove it also!

x:\Nintendo 3DS\xxxxxx\xxxxxx\title\00040000\0015d800\ (US)
x:\Nintendo 3DS\xxxxxx\xxxxxx\title\0004000e\0015b800\ (US)
x:\Nintendo 3DS\xxxxxx\xxxxxx\title\0004008c\0015b800\ (US)
Also check x:\Nintendo 3DS\xxxxxx\xxxxxx\extdata\00000000\ if there's a 0015b800 folder, if so remove it also!

[EDIT]
- Little modification and screenshots by DjoeN

Last edited by MsMidnight,

NoNoNeko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boot your 3ds to the launcher then

1. Get ironfall 1.0 from the eshop- old version downloader
  2. Go to the Ironhax Installer after ironfall was installed and opened at least once
  3. Install the ironhax save
  4. Open Ironfall once done
  5. Click the ironhax file
  6. Enjoy!

I think this belongs in the tutorial part of the fourm :)

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Get ironfall 1.0 from the eshop- old version downloader"

Where do you find the old version downloader?

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I open the eShop through the hbl's eShop icon with an mspaint "I" the loading screen appears, but no NNID login popup or anything past that.

Yumeno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm not sure if I moved some files beforehand but I randomly entered the old eshop and it didnt get stuck in a loading loop so I could install ironhax no problems, maybe it's just random?

smisk42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the new starter pack, but I'm not seeing the old version downloader anywhere in my applications... Anyone else having this problem?

Edit: Got it working. I was using the grid homebrew launcher, went back to the original and it showed up.

Last edited by smisk42,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1