Tutorial  Updated

How to fix download issues from Eshop while using NNU Patcher

It's becoming a big problem lately with 5.5.1 users who want to buy Brain Age for use with Haxchi, but are stuck at "0% pending" in Download Management. Based on the feedback of users, the culprit of this was that the failed system update that's shown in Download Management prevents any further downloads from taking place. Now how do we get rid of the failed update?

Here's the solution:

1. After downloading your DS VC game from Eshop and getting stuck on "pending download", simply unplug your system from the back while it's still on (Not from the wall outlet)

2. After about 10 seconds, replug the power cable and turn on the Wii U

3. Go to Download Management and the DS VC should now download properly, and the failed system update should be gone

Credit goes to @Marko76 and @8BitWonder for discovering this method in the comment section below. Give your thanks to these fine gentlemen

8BitWonder recorded a video showcasing how this whole process works, check it out:

Last edited by MattKimura,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is an even easier way to do this. Run nnu patcher and load the eshop buy whatever game or dlc ect you want. Then switch the wiiu off and unplug it from the mains leave it off for about 10 seconds then plug it back into the mains and switch the wiiu back on the pending system update will be gone and the game will download.

Reactions: MattKimura

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MattKimura I just tried it your way and it never even worked lol here is a video of what I did

LMAO wow now that I think about it, that update removal never worked for me back then. Looks like the thread is useless already o_o
Thanks for the headsup haha
The solution is very simple, never wouldn't thought of that : p

Last edited by MattKimura,
Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
LMAO wow now that I think about it, that update removal never worked for me back then. Looks like the thread is useless haha
I'll ask a mod to remove it right now. Thanks for the headsup haha
Yep for anyone else just do what I said above and unplug the wiiu from the mains that works perfectly.

Deleted member 428066

Trophies
XP
There is an even easier way to do this. Run nnu patcher and load the eshop buy whatever game or dlc ect you want. Then switch the wiiu off and unplug it from the mains leave it off for about 10 seconds then plug it back into the mains and switch the wiiu back on the pending system update will be gone and the game will download.

This isn't working for me.
I bought Brain Age on the Eshop using Nnu patcher
The game isn't downloading because of the 5.5.2 update
I turn off the Wii U and I unplug it from the mains
I wait the 10 seconds
I plug the Wii U back in to the mains and turn it on.

But the game isn't downloading and there's always the update error.

I'm on a pal Wii U

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This isn't working for me.
I bought Brain Age on the Eshop using Nnu patcher
The game isn't downloading because of the 5.5.2 update
I turn off the Wii U and I unplug it from the mains
I wait the 10 seconds
I plug the Wii U back in to the mains and turn it on.

But the game isn't downloading and there's always the update error.

I'm on a pal Wii U
Works perfectly fine for me and many others try leaving it off from the mains for about a minute

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried what you said, but I've been stuck on pending for about ten minutes.
kBzyFmb.jpg
I turned it off for a few minutes, booted into the quick menu and started download management, and I come to this screen and it doesn't change. When I click on the app or settings the update then appears.
I'm on 5.5.1 (non-spoofed) if that matters.

EDIT: I eventually got it to work by pulling the power cable out INSTEAD OF turning off the console and then pulling the cable.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No luck for me either. Failed update still shows.
Did you power off the console and then pull out the cable, or did you pull out the cable once you started the download?
I only got the download to work after starting the download with NNU enabled. Then pulled the power cable WITHOUT POWERING OFF FIRST, waited for a few minutes and then booted into downloads from the quickmenu on the gamepad.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you power off the console and then pull out the cable, or did you pull out the cable once you started the download?
I only got the download to work after starting the download with NNU enabled. Then pulled the power cable WITHOUT POWERING OFF FIRST, waited for a few minutes and then booted into downloads from the quickmenu on the gamepad.
So you're saying that you unplugged and replugged, and the download resumed in download management without re-enabling NNU Patcher? That's something that I'm wondering right now. If NNU Patcher needs to be launched again after powering the system back on.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're saying that you unplugged and replugged, and the download resumed in download management without re-enabling NNU Patcher? That's something that I'm wondering right now. If NNU Patcher needs to be launched again after powering the system back on.
Here is exactly what I did.

1) Turned on the WiiU (Quick Menu)
2) Launched the browser & entered the homebrew menu
3) Launched NNU Patcher
4) Launched eShop and began download of Brain Age
5) Went into download management to make sure the update download was still failing
6) Unplugged the WiiU without turning it off properly
7) Waited about a minute
8) Plugged the WiiU back in and quickly booted it with the gamepad (Quick Menu)
9) Opened download management
10) Download began and finished without interruption

Hope that helps anyone else coming along having trouble.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is exactly what I did.

1) Turned on the WiiU (Quick Menu)
2) Launched the browser & entered the homebrew menu
3) Launched NNU Patcher
4) Launched eShop and began download of Brain Age
5) Went into download management to make sure the update download was still failing
6) Unplugged the WiiU without turning it off properly
7) Waited about a minute
8) Plugged the WiiU back in and quickly booted it with the gamepad (Quick Menu)
9) Opened download management
10) Download began and finished without interruption

Hope that helps anyone else coming along having trouble.
Quick menu huh, I wonder if that has anything to do with how you got it to work. But interesting, you didn't need NNU Patcher after powering it back on to resume downloading. I wonder if this method would work for someone who doesn't use quick menu. When you unplug it, I"m guessing that the system doesn't save any data such as the failed update, but hmm how does it save the pending game download. Anyhow seems it worked for you haha

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick menu huh, I wonder if that has anything to do with how you got it to work. But interesting, you didn't need NNU Patcher after powering it back on to resume downloading. I wonder if this method would work for someone who doesn't use quick menu. When you unplug it, I"m guessing that the system doesn't save any data such as the failed update, but hmm how does it save the pending game download. Anyhow seems it worked for you haha
Yeah, I'm glad it did since I had been at it for an hour before thinking to unplug it before turning it off.

Also I threw together a video showing what I did if you or anyone else would like to use it.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone just want to say sorry for saying to switch the wiiu off before unplugging when I actually meant to say all along to unplug when the wiiu was still on it was early morning here when I posted that and I had just finished a 16 hour shift at work so my brain was a bit scrambled lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol